Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need some prayers for Tucker

doggy lover
June 15th, 2011, 08:57 PM
My poor Tucky is sick, took him to the Toronto Vet Emerg Hospital and they are keeping him over night giving him fluids and running some blood work and xrays. He had diarrhoea twice in the last few days and today he started vomiting has kept no food down today. He is not acting himself either which really worries me very lethargic. Vet will give me a call if they find anything over night and will call for sure in the morning early with a report and if I can pick him up:fingerscr Sweet dreams baby momma is gonna miss you tonight..

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Sending prayers, :goodvibes:, and crossing paws and fingers for your Boy! Whatever it takes!!

Get well soon, Tucker!!

Winston
June 15th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Absolutely all paws & fingers crossed here! :fingerscr

Marty11
June 15th, 2011, 09:22 PM
So sorry about Tucker.....Get well soon :pray:

Goldfields
June 15th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Don't like the the lethargy bit, so yes, good luck, doggy lover, hope he's feeling much better soon.

Dee-O-Gee
June 15th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Sending all :pray: :pray::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: and :grouphug::grouphug: your way for Tucker. Hope to hear good news tomorrow. :highfive:

doggy lover
June 15th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks guys know I can count on you guys for some extra support...GF he sure isn't my regular border collie baby and to me that is bad news. I don't know if its the glucosamine that I started giving him a few weeks ago or someone around here has sprayed some poison ivy with something and put down some stuff to stop moss from growing and never said anything just noticed this evening when I got home that the poison ivy was dead, the other stuff I've been keeping Tucker away from. I will sure be contacting management in the morning bright and early to find out what they used and when.:mad: Pisses me off they know I take tucker out there so why didn't they tell me? I hope its not this, just a upset tummy but I'm really worried for him. In the last year family and friends have lost 6 dogs I don't want him to be number 7:cry:

14+kitties
June 15th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Sending lots of prayers and :fingerscr :goodvibes: for Tucker. I hope he will be home and back to himself very soon. :pray:

Goldfields
June 15th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Hopefully he'll be lucky #7. Could very well be a spray I guess, and I agree people are stupid at times. I once took a litter of sheltie pups to meet the sire's owner at a Park halfway to her place(long trip otherwise), so she could check them out, and we were talking while the pups played in a pen I'd set up, when a stupid Council worker decided he just had to spray grass right near them. He was told very smartly to stop and let us get them back in the car first. Fingers crossed for Tucker though, it's always such a terrible worry until you know what's wrong. Hugs for you.

pbpatti
June 15th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Sending lots and lots of :pray::fingerscr:dog: kisses for Tucker. Eight crossed paws for him also. patti

Claudia36oh
June 16th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Sending lot's of hugs and prayers for Tucker :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper
June 16th, 2011, 03:12 AM
:goodvibes: for Tucker

doggy lover
June 16th, 2011, 06:41 AM
thanks all waiting to hear from the vet said he would call about 7am its 6:45 now. I've been awake since before 5 and I think I might have slept 2 hours last night....keeping my:fingerscr everything will be ok.

Melinda
June 16th, 2011, 06:51 AM
sending up prayers for Tucker!!

hazelrunpack
June 16th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Any news? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

doggy lover
June 16th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Sorry guys fell asleep after the vet called was awake most of the night. The vet said that Tucker was doing fine all his blood work and x-rays came back normal, great relief. He ate a little this morning and had kept it down when he called. They will keep him the rest of the day and keep feeding him small amounts and make sure he keeps it down, he had a poop last night and it was formed so that was good too. Figures he maybe had some type of stomach bug or other gastro problem and it shall pass, its just strange for my dog with the cast iron stomach to be like this. At 7 years of age this is the first time Tucker has been sick, poor puppy. So good news for Tucker:D thanks for all your prayers and crossed paws.:grouphug:

chico2
June 16th, 2011, 11:32 AM
DL,just saw this now and I am glad I came in on the positive post,:pray:for beautiful Tucker,that this was just a tummy-bug:grouphug:

hazelrunpack
June 16th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Glad to hear the big guy is feeling better! :highfive: :grouphug: Keep it up, Tucker! :goodvibes: Will he need to stay the night or do you pick him up this evening?

We're in the midst of mushroom season here with all the rain we've been getting... Does Tucker like to nosh on 'shrooms? We've had symptoms like that from mushrooms... :o

doggy lover
June 16th, 2011, 12:00 PM
They said as long as he is keeping food down and no diarrhoea they will let him come home this evening:fingerscr Maybe I over reacted but Tucker is never sick and seeing him lethargic was just not my dog.

Dog Dancer
June 16th, 2011, 01:17 PM
DL, just saw this post, so glad that Tucker seems to be doing better today. :pray: that he's all over it now and just needs to get his strength back. Hope you get a better night sleep tonight. We know what you mean though when you say "it's just not your dog".

Melinda
June 16th, 2011, 01:55 PM
yahoo tucker.....great news

mikischo
June 16th, 2011, 01:59 PM
So glad Tucker is doing better. :goodvibes::goodvibes: that he's completely back to his old self very soon.

doggy lover
June 16th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah Tucker can come home, will be on a gastro diet for a few days but he is doing well:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
June 16th, 2011, 02:21 PM
:highfive: Hurray!

Claudia36oh
June 16th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Great news for you and Tucker..woohoo

Goldfields
June 16th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Just shows you can't keep a good Border Collie down. :) Glad he's feeling better.

doggy lover
June 19th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Tucker had a great weekend almost back to normal. We took him to the cottage but didn't let him over do it, no herding fish in the pond for hours on end. Guess he is on the mend for sure.:thumbs up Thanks guys for all your prayers and thoughts :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
June 19th, 2011, 08:59 PM
That's great news, doggy lover!! Give Tucker a big hug from me, pls!

Goldfields
June 19th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Pleased he's coming good, I think these dogs on the forum start feeling a bit like extended family after a while so it's never good to hear one is off colour. :)