Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

a few odd pictures

Melinda
June 9th, 2011, 05:28 PM
wasn't sure where to put these,

our car wash at the corner has given up on getting their vacumes up and running......

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/IMG_2885.jpg

can you see it now?

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/IMG_2884.jpg

natures bird feeder, guess I didn't have enough put out!!

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/IMG_2892.jpg

to show just how huge it is, and I have big hands....

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/IMG_2893.jpg

hazelrunpack
June 9th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Love the bird feeder fungus!! If only I could get them to grow where I wanted them.... :o

Do you know what was nesting in the vacuum unit? :laughing:

Rgeurts
June 9th, 2011, 05:48 PM
The first picture made me grin! The second one made me cringe :o
All I could think about is:

"OMD... Nookie would see those and think "BUFFET!!" :eek: :eek:

Mushrooms are a magnet for him! We had SO much rain last year that between all the mushrooms and the frogs, we had to muzzle him to take him out for potties :rolleyes:

We didn't realize he had pica then and I had him out in the driveway when he lowered his head and scooped something up. I thought it was a stone (he eats little rocks :yell:), so I tapped him on the top of the head and he spit out a frog :eek: :yuck:. Then he dove for a mushroom in the lawn on the way back in! Silly monster :)

Melinda
June 9th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Hazel, I have no idea what was nesting in there, but there were a few seagull feathers as part of the nesting.

Rgeurts they grow here often, but never that huge, brina doesn't bother with it, but should I be worried? are they poison?

Rgeurts
June 9th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Hazel, I have no idea what was nesting in there, but there were a few seagull feathers as part of the nesting.

Rgeurts they grow here often, but never that huge, brina doesn't bother with it, but should I be worried? are they poison?

A lot of them are poison. Some will just cause tummy upset, but some can cause convulsions and even death. We made a trip to the emergency clinic once and a few calls to them over the summer. They had us give him peroxide to make him throw up once. He did get a bit of diarrhea and vomiting from them. :sick:

Dee-O-Gee
June 9th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Wow those natural feeders are pretty kewl and huge! :eek:

Neat pictures Melinda. :thumbs up

luckypenny
June 9th, 2011, 11:29 PM
What a lovely set of pics! I love the fungus feeder...too cool!



I thought it was a stone (he eats little rocks :yell:), so I tapped him on the top of the head and he spit out a frog :eek: :yuck:. Then he dove for a mushroom in the lawn on the way back in! Silly monster :)

:laughing: :laughing: Ah Nookie, you crack me up :D.

hazelrunpack
June 9th, 2011, 11:35 PM
A lot of them are poison. Some will just cause tummy upset, but some can cause convulsions and even death. We made a trip to the emergency clinic once and a few calls to them over the summer. They had us give him peroxide to make him throw up once. He did get a bit of diarrhea and vomiting from them. :sick:
We've had mushroom problems in the past, too. Ridge seems to have a knack for finding the ones that cause neurological problems. :frustrated: And about all the vets can do is hydrate her, keep her comfy and watch her while the fluids flush their systems. :shrug:

I don't think shelf fungi are toxic, though, are they? I know some people around here harvest the orange shelf fungi when they're quite small and (evidently) still quite tender--they claim they're delicious, but I've never had the courage to try them. :o :laughing: As they get bigger, they get pretty tough...not sure the dogs would try to eat them once they're as big as what Melinda has. It'd be like trying to chew off a piece of rubber... :yuck:

Melinda
June 10th, 2011, 04:10 AM
within a week they will start turning brown, get hard and fall off....