Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It only took 4 weeks...

LoveCharlie
June 4th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I never knew robin's eggs hatched and the babies leave the nest all in only 4 weeks :eek:

As you can see, their nest was right on top of the garden hose. I couldn't wait for them to be gone to wash my car. I can't stand it when my car is dirty.

One last thing - I almost lost my life a few times taking these pictures every second day. The parents were right in our faces. Charlie had a hard time using the backyard to do his business without having a bird attack him :laughing: but he survived.

LoveCharlie
June 4th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Here they are again...

LoveCharlie
June 4th, 2011, 01:40 PM
It all started with 4 eggs but at one point, there were only 3 babies. Maybe a cat got one or something :shrug:

LoveCharlie
June 4th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Here they are a day or two before leaving the nest. They left Friday morning.

14+kitties
June 4th, 2011, 02:41 PM
What a neat series of pics. :thumbs up
I sort of doubt a cat would have taken just the one bird and left the nest in place. It's possible the fourth one was sick and the parents took it out of the nest and then something got it... :shrug:

hazelrunpack
June 4th, 2011, 02:41 PM
So sweet! And it is amazing how quickly they grow. :lovestruck: We have a nestful in the side yard right now--another 8 days or so and they'll have flown the coop, too!

mikischo
June 4th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Absolutely beautiful pics.:lovestruck:

At least you had a good excuse for having a dirty car.:p

It's so nice to be able to watch the babies as they change and grow.

I've got some baby chickadees in a nestbox in my yard right now. Of course all I can see is mom and dad coming and going bringing food to the hungry babies. I'm hoping to at least catch a glimpse of the babies when they fledge.

chico2
June 4th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Wow,great pictures,thank's!!

pattymac
June 4th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I raised 2 baby robins years ago. One, one summer and the following summer another. I almost thought there was some sort of conspiracy going on in our backyard! Hey look, fall out of the nest and you'll get rescued and get to eat all the worms, strawberries, hamburger you can hold!! They are amazingly smart little birds. They love to snuggle! Strangely enough, they were easy to recognize once we let them go, they were BIG!! Amazing what not having to share the food does for your growth! It was great fun teaching them to fly. My Mom taught them how to look for worms, that took alot for her, she hates worms!!