Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

14 barking dogs

erykah1310
June 3rd, 2011, 12:59 AM
Give or take one or two...
Apparently every dog in the neighbourhood is barking right now, the 2 across the road, the 8 between the 3 houses at the bottom of the hill the 3 across our back field on the next road, and the one before our house are all barking their fool heads off at one, possibly 2 screeching foxes that sound like they are in the field next to our house.

Of course this harmony of barks and howls mixed in with screeches wakes me up as it sounds like something of urgency so I check out the window to the pen where the TM's are and all 3 of them are just looking but have yet to make a sound and the 3 in the house are snoring.
We are the house with the most dogs and I'm pretty proud that my guys know what warrants alerts to the humans.
Wildlife is not one of those things.
However Marv will alert the media if there is a change in Barometric pressure most days, atleast he does this around noon time when no one is sleeping or trying to.

Not even my horses seem concerned about these foxes, I busted out the "poachers" flashlight and shone it down to them and they are all standing at their hay bale minding their own affairs.

Hopefully the foxes move on or mate already so I can get some shut eye soon.

End of sorta rant/brag that I have the well mannered dogs in the hood :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
June 3rd, 2011, 01:06 AM
However Marv will alert the media if there is a change in Barometric pressure most days

:laughing:

End of sorta rant/brag that I have the well mannered dogs in the hood :laughing:

:highfive: good dogs!

TeriM
June 3rd, 2011, 01:13 AM
Gotta love it when our dogs actually show us some of the efforts of all that training :D.

erykah1310
June 3rd, 2011, 01:31 AM
Marv is in obedience right now mostly for getting him accustomed to being in a crowded place with many strange dogs and doing work on mats, but here he can be a bit of a... ummm, jerk i guess, jumping up (almost over) me, nipping or pulling my clothes if I ignore him ect. Get him in class, he's a pro. He is a big fan of "anything stay" and no matter the distraction he doesn't budge.
Karma is in a pre CD class getting her ready for competition... I warned the trainer that she refuses to do any obedience with me at home now and apparently has selective amnesia (with a solid 3 years of work in this stuff) the trainer chuckles and said " well we can help you get it back" What does Karma do??? Everything perfect. Heel with attention on me perfectly placed, sits when we stop, down stay, stand stay, sit stay focused on me the WHOLE time...
Makes me look like a liar lol.
Gotta love em

TeriM
June 3rd, 2011, 01:35 AM
:laughing: They definately have their ways of making us crazy!

I am competing pre-novice with Riley at end of June to get some ring experience and then we will go for our CD in the fall. We also have our rally novice so are going for our rally advanced in June.