Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

June 2011 - Pets.ca photo challenge - Pets at the window

marko
June 1st, 2011, 10:05 AM
Hi members,

Anyone got any challenge ideas this month?
Thx - Marko

No Challenge Ideas? Ok then I'll put one forward then what about "pets at the window"?

Sounds great to me, Marko. Gonna have to get the vinegar and paper towels out first though :rolleyes: :D.

Yeah, good excuse for hazel to clean her windows, too! :laughing: Hay!!! :frustrated: hazel hates cleaning windows! :o :p

Ok everyone - challenge this month is pets at the window!

hazelrunpack
June 2nd, 2011, 01:02 PM
And here's one to start off:

This is a friend's boy, by name of Kota. He wuz lookin' fer his Ma, who wuz hidin' behind hazel's durty winder... :p

marko
June 2nd, 2011, 01:37 PM
Wow hazel - Way fun start - sooo cute!

Rgeurts
June 2nd, 2011, 03:25 PM
I don't have any of Thorin, he isn't big on windows lol. Nookie, on the other hand, just loves to look out the window during a T-storm. He takes after "mommy" :D

Rgeurts
June 2nd, 2011, 03:26 PM
Hazel, I just LOVE that picture!! Such a cute boy, and love your captions, as always :D

I hope I got this right lol. Were they supposed to be on the other side of the window? :o

hazelrunpack
June 2nd, 2011, 03:43 PM
I don't think it matters which side of the window they're on, Robyn! :D And Nookie looks perfect on the inside! :flirt: Does he really like to watch storms? LOL Three of ours cower and the other five just sleep right through them! Nanook is quite the adventuresome fella!!

breeze
June 2nd, 2011, 03:51 PM
love the pictures and love the subjects :cloud9::lovestruck: and the doggie art!!:lovestruck:

Rgeurts
June 2nd, 2011, 04:07 PM
I don't think it matters which side of the window they're on, Robyn! :D And Nookie looks perfect on the inside! :flirt: Does he really like to watch storms? LOL Three of ours cower and the other five just sleep right through them! Nanook is quite the adventuresome fella!!

He really does love them!! Thorin is the opposite, he just gets so neuroitc and hides anywhere he can (closets, bathroom etc), poor guy. Nookie though, he always surprises us, he's such a little oddball :laughing:

One night we were looking for him. I was just panicked because he wasn't anywhere in the house. There was a HUGE T-storm and I always have the patio door open during them. I thought I'd check outside just on the off chance he was out there and stuck, or panicked and wouldn't move, but nope! Neither was the case. He was there, sitting at the railing in the pouring rain just watching while lighting was flashing and thunder all around :eek:
He's sure not a typical dog :)

Melinda
June 2nd, 2011, 04:12 PM
does a fake fire engine windsheild count? she thought she was a dalmation

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/DSCF0793.jpg

visiting a chickadee

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/DSCF0393.jpg

"Dreaming of running free and wild"

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/pouting.jpg

hazelrunpack
June 2nd, 2011, 04:20 PM
Robyn, that's how Ember is!! He's the only one of the Pack who loves fireworks!! He and I sit on the deck during fireworks and admire the show while everyone else trembles inside. :laughing:

does a fake fire engine windsheild count? she thought she was a dalmation

What a sweet shot, Melinda!!! :lovestruck:

Oh, Brina! hazel loves to watch the birds, too!!! :cloud9:

Melinda
June 2nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
if the kids are doing it Hazel, Brina wants to do it also, the mom of that little girl placed her here because she was terrified of dogs...after two weeks the dad offered me $600. for Brina *LOL* imagine!! then a month later mom pulled the girl because she was too attached to me....poor child.

chico2
June 2nd, 2011, 05:03 PM
Melinda,how sad is that:(

Melinda
June 2nd, 2011, 09:07 PM
very sad chico, it even had to go in my file with the city, anytime a child is removed from your care it goes on your record as to why.....to this day they all still laugh at that being on my record, such a bad bad smear on my clean slate *L*

TeriM
June 3rd, 2011, 01:03 AM
Here's the cats to start ....

Desi staring out at the snow.

Ok, Fred probably isn't looking out the window but he is using the sunbeam :).

Fred enjoyed camping in our trailer.

TeriM
June 3rd, 2011, 01:17 AM
Hazel you had me all confused with that pic. At first I thought Cole but then I thought he doesn't have a big eye patch? :laughing:.

Nookie :lovestruck: and Brina :lovestruck:. Great pics!

I can't seem to find many of my dog pics on this computer. Will need to look on the other one. I did find this one though .... look closely at Lucy's reaction to visiting Timmie (brother's little pup). She eventually did warm up to him :thumbs up.

TeriM
June 3rd, 2011, 01:39 AM
Okay these are stretching a wee bit ....

Looking out over the baby gate :D.

Looking out of the truck with their seatbelts on.

Melinda
June 3rd, 2011, 05:23 AM
ohhhhh I'm in love....what great pics

Marty11
June 3rd, 2011, 09:11 AM
Melinda, the pic on the wicker chair looking out is amazing.....:thumbs up I have a home daycare and my Boston is one of the kids too.

Melinda
June 3rd, 2011, 09:21 AM
oh wow, I didn't know that Marty, is it a city daycare? Aren't the dogs wonderful at helping us out? *L* Brina has laid claim to that chair in the sunroom and normally there is a child sitting there with her.

marko
June 3rd, 2011, 11:34 AM
These are so much fun everyone :cloud9:

I'll play this month as well and i know just the kittens to photograph.

hazelrunpack
June 3rd, 2011, 12:08 PM
Hazel you had me all confused with that pic. At first I thought Cole but then I thought he doesn't have a big eye patch? :laughing:.

It does run in his family, though--Cole's sis, Henley, has an eye patch :D I don't think Kota is related, though...

look closely at Lucy's reaction to visiting Timmie (brother's little pup). She eventually did warm up to him :thumbs up.

:laughing: I guess Lucy wasn't in the mood for a young upstart! Riley looks pretty comfy with the little guy, though!

Love the camper pic of Fred! :cloud9: And the seatbelt shot with the dogs! :lovestruck:

the mom of that little girl placed her here because she was terrified of dogs...after two weeks the dad offered me $600. for Brina *LOL* imagine!! then a month later mom pulled the girl because she was too attached to me....poor child.

:eek: Sounds like...well...sorta an odd family :o

Dee-O-Gee
June 3rd, 2011, 10:58 PM
Pets in windows. :thumbs up

Two that came to mind....

What???? You're bothering me! :yell:

Mollie watching for birds!

hazelrunpack
June 3rd, 2011, 11:57 PM
Your two white floofy girls enjoyin' the winders.... :flirt:

Dogastrophe
June 4th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Finally a photo challenge I can participate in (I rarely have my camera handy when the 'kids' are off doing something goofy) :laughing:

Jack and Gracie
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/DSCF0062.jpg

Jack, Gracie, and Lucy
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/DSCF0066.jpg

Gracie checking out the birds
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/DSCF0434.jpg

Jack on the outside looking in (screen door was open, he's not very bright at time lol)
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/2005_0911Image0016.jpg

An old one from '05 ... Monty and Lucy looking out the inlaws window (Monty would always use a stool to watch the world)
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/2005_0124Image0014-1.jpg

hazelrunpack
June 4th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I think Lucy is wishin' she could sit on the sill with Jack and Gracie in that second shot! :laughing: What cute shots!! :lovestruck: And that one of Jack at the door! :flirt: Such a sweetie--and such a good boy, waiting for permission to enter. :angel:

That's a cool stool that Monty is on! Wish I had one like that for Lil Belle--hazel's back is tiring of lifting her up on the bed every night. :D

Dogastrophe
June 4th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I think Lucy is wishin' she could sit on the sill with Jack and Gracie in that second shot! :laughing: What cute shots!! :lovestruck: And that one of Jack at the door! :flirt: Such a sweetie--and such a good boy, waiting for permission to enter. :angel:

That's a cool stool that Monty is on! Wish I had one like that for Lil Belle--hazel's back is tiring of lifting her up on the bed every night. :D

I really think he thought the door was closed .... or he's had too much experience running into the screen thinking it was open. :crazy:

The stool is a Rubber Maid two step. We have one at the front window which Jack uses to get up on the front sill. Monty used to sit on it in the afternoons waiting for me to come home from work. Was always nice to see him watching as I walked down the road after a long day.

marko
June 4th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Oh these are wonderful additions everyone :highfive:

LoveCharlie
June 4th, 2011, 01:51 PM
#1 - Charlie on his way to the dog park wearing his St-Patrick day scarf :D

#2 - Charlie watching kids play on the street :clown:

hazelrunpack
June 4th, 2011, 01:52 PM
The stool is a Rubber Maid two step.

:thumbs up I'm going to have to look for one! Thanks, Dogastrophe!

Monty used to sit on it in the afternoons waiting for me to come home from work. Was always nice to see him watching as I walked down the road after a long day.

I'll bet it was. :cloud9:

And I still think Jack is just being polite at the door. :p

hazelrunpack
June 4th, 2011, 01:53 PM
#2 - Charlie watching kids play on the street :clown:

I love that shot of him on the back of the couch! :flirt: How cute is that?!

growler~GateKeeper
June 5th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Dog sitting for the weekend, here's Sam the Chesapeake Bay Retriever looking out the window after a good game of fetch

Melinda
June 5th, 2011, 07:02 AM
ohh what a sweetie!! he looks tuckered

hazelrunpack
June 5th, 2011, 10:22 AM
He does look tuckered!! You must be doing a good job! :D Does he have a fenced yard to play in?

Claudia36oh
June 5th, 2011, 11:03 AM
This is the only one I can find right now...Chloe is still a pup

hazelrunpack
June 5th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Chloe's little puppy butt is just too cute, Claudia! :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
June 5th, 2011, 01:51 PM
ohh what a sweetie!! he looks tuckered

He does look tuckered!! You must be doing a good job! :D Does he have a fenced yard to play in?

Sammie is a sweetie & she does have a fenced yard w/a whole tub full of outside toys, she's very good at digging out the one she wants :dog:

hazelrunpack
June 5th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Sammie is a sweetie & she does have a fenced yard w/a whole tub full of outside toys, she's very good at digging out the one she wants :dog:
Of course! A girl always knows what she wants and how to get it. :o :laughing:

Sorry Sam! :D Such a pretty girl...even tuckered out by her Auntie growler. :p

Claudia36oh
June 5th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Chloe's little puppy butt is just too cute, Claudia! :lovestruck:

Thanks...lol..it's all fuzy now :laughing:

Very nice pictures all, love all of them

pbpatti
June 5th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Buddy loves to check out who is outside from this window in the trailer. I am going to try to get both him and Sasha next weekend with me outside and them looking at me through the window. patti

chocolatecoffee
June 6th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I guess there wasn't much Mocha could do except just look outside...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/tangowithmango/Fernie%20Pictures%2006-07/100_5974.jpg

hazelrunpack
June 6th, 2011, 09:55 AM
omd, poor Mocha!!! :eek: :laughing: Did you have to shovel paths, chocolatecoffee? :D

patti, Buddy is so cute--and so is that pic!!!

breeze
June 6th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I've got to clean the windows before I can take a picture :laughing::laughing:
There is so much "doggie art" :eek:you would never be able to see the beasts!!:eek:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

chico2
June 6th, 2011, 05:25 PM
1 Vinnie and Rocky checking out the front-yard.
2.Vinnie climbing the screen to get in,that's when he was nice and slim:laughing:
3.Chico and Vinnie:we are freezing let us in,right now!!

Great pics everyone!

sugarcatmom
June 6th, 2011, 05:52 PM
OMG the one of Vinnie climbing the screen is hilarious! A white ninja kitty!

sugarcatmom
June 6th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I've come to the realization that I have a freakisly large number of photos of my cats looking out the window, or some variation on that theme. It was hard to narrow it down to this meager handful. :laughing:

Here is Cinnamon Girl sniffing the breeze coming through the window:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/aztec_egypt/Window%20seat/Cinnamonsniffingoutwindow.jpg

Peppercorn sniffing out the kitchen window:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/aztec_egypt/Window%20seat/Peppercornkitchenwindow2.jpg

Carrot trying to see out the skylight:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/aztec_egypt/Window%20seat/Carrotlookupskylight.jpg

Carrot and Peppercorn watching birds last fall:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/aztec_egypt/Window%20seat/CarrotPepwindow.jpg

Aztec and Cinnamon sharing a nap at the upstairs window:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/aztec_egypt/Window%20seat/AztecCGwindownap.jpg

Here is Buzz Fuzzler (Carrot and Peppercorn's brother, adopted by friends of mine):
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/aztec_egypt/Window%20seat/BuzzFuzzlerblinds.jpg

dmc123
June 6th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I have a few oldie goldies :)

Diane

Rudy

Delaney, Harley, Huxley and Cody at the door window

Huxley in the window, Harley in the pot

dmc123
June 6th, 2011, 06:13 PM
a few more .....

Delaney, Simon and Rudy

Simon and babies Katie and Andy

The Quads

hazelrunpack
June 6th, 2011, 08:04 PM
omd, all the kitties at (and on :laughing:) the windows! :flirt:

And that shot of Delaney, Simon and Rudy looking through the blinds :lovestruck:

scm, there's no such thing as a freakishly large number of shots of cats in or at windows--cats and windows just go together. Nothing freakish about it. :cloud9:

breeze
June 6th, 2011, 08:09 PM
cleaned my windows, :thumbs up went to go get the camera and wouldn't you know it they drew all over it again :frustrated:
so screen shots will just have to do :laughing::D

hazelrunpack
June 6th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Perfect, breeze!! :flirt: :cloud9:

breeze
June 8th, 2011, 12:50 PM
you missed a spot mom, right there!! see it??

to hot to go out, *Sigh*

hazelrunpack
June 8th, 2011, 01:07 PM
I think what Bree was telling you was that there weren't enough spots on the window and, "Here ya go, Mom! I'll put a spot back on the glass for you!" :laughing: The Pack does that for me all the time...sometimes even as I'm cleaning. :p

And Archer, it'll cool off soon :goodvibes:

Cute pics, breeze! :D

breeze
June 8th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Hazel they both are notorious for putting prints on the window.

Archer will sit by you while you clean them, then when you get up he'll go lick the glass, or bark and put spittle all over them:frustrated: :laughing:

Bree just loves putting her nose print on the glass.
:lightbulb: maybe she thinks this way you will know where the window is and not go through it :laughing::laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 8th, 2011, 01:19 PM
They're just looking out for the birdies that would otherwise try to fly through the glass. :angel: :D

breeze
June 8th, 2011, 01:22 PM
They're just looking out for the birdies that would otherwise try to fly through the glass. :angel: :D

I think the glass cleaner people hired them
cause they are keeping the glass cleaning people in business:rolleyes::laughing::laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 8th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Does this count? It's at the window. :shrug: :p

breeze
June 8th, 2011, 01:23 PM
o my!!!

is that a moth?? you got such a good close up!!

hazelrunpack
June 8th, 2011, 01:25 PM
It's a polyphemus moth. They seem to be having a good year cuz we're seeing them all over. Very pretty. :flirt:

Claudia36oh
June 8th, 2011, 04:29 PM
That's a cool picture Hazel

hazelrunpack
June 8th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Thx, Claudia. They're pretty photogenic. I love their stubby legs. :D

chico2
June 8th, 2011, 04:49 PM
OMG Hazel,that would scare me,but I would not kill it...I am not too fond of Moth period,the way they flutter around a light,but I would never harm them.

hazelrunpack
June 8th, 2011, 05:07 PM
You'd like these, chico! They're very big, but they're beautiful and very soft. :lovestruck:

marko
June 9th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Loving the sweet action this thread is getting :highfive:

Canadianbella
June 16th, 2011, 01:41 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/206950_10150569461635595_690780594_18268466_723455 _n.jpg

hazelrunpack
June 16th, 2011, 02:30 PM
:laughing: Great picture, Canadianbella!! Look at that smile!!! :lovestruck:

pbpatti
June 16th, 2011, 03:53 PM
OH MY, Canadianbella what a sweet little pooch you go there. I love lovre love her smile:cloud9: patti

chico2
June 16th, 2011, 04:51 PM
What a little cutie:cloud9:

Dee-O-Gee
June 16th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Not only is Sparky sitting in front of a window, he's got the big "Cheese" smile going on too, Canadianbella! :D

Great pictures everyone! :thumbs up

Marty11
June 17th, 2011, 03:13 PM
One of Marty's favourite spots.....

hazelrunpack
June 17th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Marty is adorable!!! :lovestruck:

marko
June 17th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Nice new additions!
Here's 3 of mine from a couple of years ago when wifey and I visited Newfoundland.

hazelrunpack
June 17th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Marko, those are beautiful shots!! Love the one through the screen, especially! I'm not sure what has more character: the kitty faces or the old woodwork on the houses!

Kalou
June 17th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Here's Kalou and Roo!

hazelrunpack
June 17th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Beautiful shots, Kalou! Love the one of both of them together looking out! They look like good buds :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
June 18th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Great shots everyone :thumbs up

Canadianbella
June 18th, 2011, 12:38 AM
:laughing: Great picture, Canadianbella!! Look at that smile!!! :lovestruck:
Thanks ! :) He loves his teddy. It's actually a Scentsy Buddy he stole from our stock, guess that's not getting sold now LOL. Imagine a 10 lbs dog trying to pull that away. Definitely funny to watch.

OH MY, Canadianbella what a sweet little pooch you go there. I love lovre love her smile:cloud9: patti
Hehe thank you !

What a little cutie:cloud9:
Thanks ! This was about a week before we had to get him shaved, and boy did he need it. 7" of hair + my allergies, we were both miserable lol :yuck:

Not only is Sparky sitting in front of a window, he's got the big "Cheese" smile going on too, Canadianbella! :D

Great pictures everyone! :thumbs up
He sits on the window ledge to nap every day :D

Kiwi'sBuddy
June 20th, 2011, 11:25 AM
This is a picture of Kiwi standing outside if the screen door.

hazelrunpack
June 20th, 2011, 11:28 AM
"Aw, c'mon! Let me in! I wanna come in!!!!"

:lovestruck:

And I suppose once she's in it's more like: "Aw, c'mon! Let me out! I wanna go out!!!"? :D

Kiwi sure is a cutie!!!

Kiwi'sBuddy
June 20th, 2011, 11:34 AM
More like "Aw c'mon! I wanna come in! (We were eating dinner)