Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Why Should I Care?!

pattymac
May 24th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Ugh...my neighbour/friend has 3 small dogs. I guess cause her one dog Cocker Spaniel is a bit older and has some marking issues, his teeth are bad, she's having him put down, so she has 2 other dogs, one has had a cherry eye for I don't know how long and now she's getting a Shepherd pup, from some breeder in SK that I guess breeds for large size. I guess the mother comes from a breeder in California, Keisthaus Shepherds, on this site, there's no info on health testing, pedigrees, nothing. So this pup is gonna cost her 800.00! Probably no health guarantee or testing done on the parents and it's supposed to be a super sized dog. Oh my!! She also doesn't believe in puppy classes or really training of any kind other than what she may have seen on tv. This really, really bugs me. She doesn't walk her other dogs, they rarely go to the vets. Now she's getting a dog that could mature to over 100 pounds! I can just imagine the problems! I must admit now, that I'm glad I won't be around much longer to see what happens. She said something about going to see the pup, I hope she doesn't ask me to go with her, although I am going down to put a deposit down on our new place this weekend so won't be able to go...phew!

She says that she wants a 'real dog' hence wanting something bigger. here take Bayley for a day and see what happens. Take Bayley for a walk...she's not in the greatest of health, has shoulder issues so how in Dog's name is she gonna handle a dog 30 pounds heavier than Bayley!!?? She called me to tell me and it's on her FB page. I tried to sound excited but I don't know how convincing I was!

Hahaha the breeder was telling her that she's already leash trained and potty trained and car trained!! Ya right at 4 weeks old!! Maybe you're just lucky and your timings really good at getting her outside in time but trained, I really doubt it!

Then other the hand, I really want a good Shepherd but I don't think I'm ready for one. First our present place isn't big enough and I have more work to do with Bayley, which I really hope to get accomplished this summer, since we'll finally be able to be around other dogs and get back into classes. I guess maybe I should just be like alot of other dog owners and just go out and find the first dog I see on Kijiji, plunk down 800.00 and hope the dog trains itself and doesn't have any health issues that I won't be able to afford to take care of!!

Ok I'm done ranting now...I think! :wall: :2cents:

Melinda
May 25th, 2011, 08:49 AM
good lord, is she in for a rude awakening!! and "why should you care"?, because you can't help caring, thats the type of pet people we are on this forum. Maybe its a good thing you won't be around, and I'll be after 7 months she'll be looking to rehome the "real" dog....some people....geeesh.

hazelrunpack
May 25th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Rude awakening is right! That poor pup! And the poor oldster that your neighbor's going to have put down...and the poor dog she has now with the cherry eye :yell: Some people just should not be allowed to have pets!! :wall:

pattymac
May 25th, 2011, 12:10 PM
On a more positive note...found some good breeders in Alberta! So when the time comes, I think I have some good ones to choose from. There's one that offers incentives for titling a dog, which is pretty cool. Can't remember which one, I have to have another look. So I guess it's time to start saving my pennies!! Hahaha no cheap dogs though! There is one that's advertising on Kijiji, but they have decent enough dogs. Have to do some more research :)

H.P.
May 26th, 2011, 02:40 PM
I tried to sound excited but I don't know how convincing I was!

You are kinder than I, I think I would have to tell her she is an idiot when it comes to dogs and doesn't deserve to have the ones she got, much less another!