Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dogo's in need

erykah1310
May 22nd, 2011, 10:47 PM
Mods, feel free to move this to a more suitable category if need be or delete if it is in violation of some rule.
Word on the wire tonight is there are 2 dogo's in need. A male and female "breeding pair"I(therefore intact as of now) the female may have a foster lined up for and a rescue willing to take her on but the male has apparent human aggression. Both are 2 years old, abused and purchased origionally as a status symbol however have been taken from their previous situation and are living with a family member of the owner.
Does anyone know of a rescue who would have the resources to help the male?
He has not been assessed yet and everything about his human aggression is word of mouth.
If anyone wants to know more about him or their situation please PM me.

SamIam
May 23rd, 2011, 03:02 PM
Just want to wish these dogs the best of luck :goodvibes:
And please pass on a great big thanks to the family member who stepped up on their behalf to try to give them a second chance. :thumbs up:thumbs up

erykah1310
May 23rd, 2011, 03:08 PM
They are both being assessed tonight, just awaiting the final word on what exactly these dogs are like.
Possibly fostering one too... unsure yet

Dog Dancer
May 24th, 2011, 12:18 PM
How sad. I hope these dogs pass their assessment and are able to be placed (and fixed) soon. They deserve another chance at life.

erykah1310
May 24th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Update on assessments

The male is not as aggressive as the man had stated, turns out he is more so untrusting and fearful. They both passed their evaluations well and it looks like a group of us are just going to be taking them on as a private rescue/ rehabilitate/ rehome.
We are currently putting together a fund raising effort to have them spayed/neutered as the female seems to have a few problems and getting her spayed asap is top priority right now.
I find out tonight if and when she will be arriving here as we have agreed to foster her if no one else could/would.

SamIam
May 24th, 2011, 04:21 PM
That's excellent news. I was hoping that he would not turn out to be a dog incapable of trusting humans, but aggression towards his abuser would be perfectly understandable. Hope the female is okay and comes through her surgery safely.