Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking for a Vet in North Vancouver

SwarlesBarkley
May 21st, 2011, 06:00 PM
Hey guys, my girlfriend and i are getting a mini labradoodle puppy in a few weeks and I wasnt sure what to look for in a vet. Do we try to find one that deals with dogs of a certin size or should we be more focused on the breed? We live in north vancouver but are willing to take our dog to anyone that will take the best care of our pup.

Thanks in advance :dog:

SamIam
May 21st, 2011, 08:57 PM
Poodles and labs are both common breeds, so I wouldn't worry about a vet with specific breed experience. If you have friends/neighbours with dogs, a personal referral is great. But if you're working from scratch, here are a couple things to consider: As far as location goes, in case of emergency keep the travel distance reasonable. Call ahead for prices on puppy vaccines, microchip, neutering, or regular office call to make sure they are reasonable. Ask for their hours and how far in advance they book appointments and surgeries. Walk in to any clinic you are considering and see if you get an overall impression of efficiency and friendliness. As far as your specific dog, you can ask, but I wouldn't expect any clinic that sees dogs to have difficulty with a new labradoodle puppy.