Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Swollen Mammary glands.

Missa
May 12th, 2011, 03:29 AM
My just over a year old cat has swollen mammary glands. I was told by my vet that it is most likely a false pregnancy and the affects would pass in a few months. However the glands have gotten huge, about the size of golf balls and have grown so fast that it has torn the skin around them. (I have been checking them several times a day and got my first sight of blood half an hour ago.)
She doesn't seem to be in any pain at all which is why when they were smaller I wasn't concerned, especially with my vet saying that it was most likely a false pregnancy. However in a week the lumps have gone from the size of marbles to the size of golf balls. I am panicing but right now no vets are open. She isn't spayed because money is so tight right now but it is the first thing I planned on doing as soon as I get more hours at my new job.

Love4himies
May 12th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Your cat needs to be seen by a vet, this is an emergency.

Carnac
May 12th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Welcome to Pets.ca Missa,

Unfortunately our members are not vets and unable to address potentially serious health issues like this one. Time is critical - please contact a vet immediately. Good luck, we'll watch for an update on your pet's condition. In keeping with site policy, this thread will now be closed.