db7
September 25th, 2004, 10:39 PM
IN FOCUS :p

wAggie
September 26th, 2004, 09:59 PM
hahahaha, I dunno... for me, it looks like the opposite... I think... :p

lil_kirk
September 26th, 2004, 10:16 PM
First Shot: Try changing your shutter speed--your pic seems to be entire out of focus--and the grass isn't even moving! Likely this is a case of camera shake--you're attempting to follow your dog while also taking the picture (this should be saved for more experienced photographers or people with a tripod).

I'd suggest using a fast shutter speed if you are holding the camera by hand--doing this will give you an entire picture in focus.

To get a picture like the Second Shot: Using a tripod or a steady hand, put your camera on a slow shutter speed and follow the dog as he/she runs. Release the shutter just after you start to follow the dog and follow through---do not stop moving as soon as you release the shutter-keep going!

Good luck taking your pictures!!

wAggie
September 26th, 2004, 10:20 PM
:D thanx, lil kirk!!

I got a steady hand, whooo! :p

( I took that pic :D )

ne ways, looks like we've got an experience photographer on our site... show us what u've got, babe!

:)

glasslass
September 26th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Allllll riiiighty!! Pictures! Show us what you've got! ](chanting in unison!)

lil_kirk
September 26th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Thanks! I've completed a lot of photography classes so I thought I should share what little knowledge I am able to provide to this site!

We don't have a puppy yet but as soon as we do I'll post a picture for you! We are eagerly researching and trying to fish through all of the puppy mills, bad breeders etc before putting our name on a list for a puppy. In the meantime I'll have to enjoy everyone else's wonderful photos!

wAggie
September 26th, 2004, 10:30 PM
heheheheehehehe

if u have ANY q's, don't be shy in posting them

we may be able to help u out :D

..... and when u find the right pup, dont forget u can always adopt 2 :eek:

:D :D ;)

lil_kirk
September 26th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Thanks! I've actually made a few inquiries on this site already--and am now eagerly searching the local rescues in addition to breeders. Unfortunately as most people have noted on this site, the rescue dogs tend to be large breeds and since we live in an apartment we wouldn't be able to provide a large dog with a very good life :(

Overall, I'd have to say this site is really useful for new buyers--there were a lot of details and scary facts that I was not aware of before visiting here. It --and all of the posters--are terrific! Thanks again and happy shooting (the photography kind!)!!

wAggie
September 26th, 2004, 10:37 PM
ahh, ok, gotcha :)

u can also check out this site for breed info : http://www.akc.org/index.cfm

yes, it's american, but last time I checked the canadian site,,... um, it was lacking... either that or it was extremely NOT-surfer friendly :rolleyes:

Shelby
September 27th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Here's an action of my pointer, Wilson...

db7
September 27th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Shelby - again, another pointer using his ears to fly!

Mulan will be bred to GSP from Australia next year. Her momma was bred this year to a fella named Cruise from Kruz Kennels in Queensland and Chicabud Kennels.

Shelby
September 27th, 2004, 10:41 PM
What's the name of the dog from Australia? Where is he from?

db7
September 27th, 2004, 10:52 PM
I'm not sure, but I think she will also be bred to Cruise http://nuthatch.virtualave.net/cruise.html

db7
September 27th, 2004, 10:53 PM
i'm going to see the pups from the first the Cruise/Wicca litter tomorrow :) :)

db7
September 27th, 2004, 10:55 PM
OMG, I just heard the first goose migrating south. :( :( :( :( Summer is officially over.

Shelby
September 27th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Cruise is lovely, they will have beautiful (and smart) puppies!

We had 24 degree (celcius) days over this weekend, our summer is starting to arrive!!

wAggie
September 28th, 2004, 09:46 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

tonight, I'm pulling out my comforter and being QUITE generous - tha dawgs are coming in under it as well! (I feel guilty hogging all the warmth :o )

-- yes, it's that cold tonight :eek: (for me at least, in T.O.)

db7
September 28th, 2004, 09:50 PM
I on my lonesome, Mulan is back at the ranch while I go on holidays, no foot warmer here :(