Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Great Vet Visit!!!

krdahmer
September 25th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Well the gaggle of cats and kittens here just got the A-OK from the vet. We took our three (Windy Buddy Smoke) early this morning for a check up and their shots...and to our surprise there was a minimal amount of resistance! Just the odd groan or hiss (They must have known we had even odds this time 3 vs 3, lol cause I brought hubby along for back up!) We also took in all their stool samples (kittens too) and all of the ailments have cleared right up!!!! WOOHOOO :D
Oh and we found out that Buddy has gained 1 1/2 pounds since moving in with us! So he is only .3 kg behind Windy now...and she's our big bruiser! I guess that would explain why they are still fighting over the dominent position! Needless to say we have had a nappy afternoon and me and hubby are on our way out to dinner to celebrate!
Hope you are all having good days as well!!!!! :D

chico2
September 25th, 2004, 03:38 PM
KrDahmer,that's great news! You took your 3 and the kittens?
Do you use 3 carriers or do you have one big one for your 3 cats?
Mine go at different times of the year,but I am still looking for a carrier that is easier than the plastic one I have.I have a heck of a time getting Rocky to get into the carrier and he howls all the way to the vet.At the vets they just freeze and she can do anything she wants to them.
How's mama cat doing,I hope she's not preggy again...
Have a great dinner with hubby :D

krdahmer
September 26th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Hubby and I had a great dinner....and so far I don't think mamma cat is prego yet.
As for our trip to the vet, we only took our three and the kitten poo, the kittens stayed here and held the fort!
And the carriers we use are sooooo awesome! I can carry all three of mine no problem by myself and have my hands free! We used to use those big bulky plastic ones (that are still better if you are travelling long ways or by plane) but for vet visits and visits to my moms etc, it was too hard. Then we found a 'gym bag' style one at Wal-mart ( by Vagabond Travel Gear) and they have side and top openings, hand and shoulder straps, and a nice cushy fake sheep removable insert (this is by far the best part...cause you know how hard it is to get a cat out of a carrier at the vets right?...well with that insert you just use the side opening and SLIDE the cat out on the insert!!!! Works so well :cool: ) Even my vet loves that part...she wants to get that carrier for her kitties!
And I adjust the straps (one shorter, one longer) so that I carry two over my left shoulder(Smoke on top, Windy on bottom) and Buddy on my right. It makes it so much easier to make just one trip and they are sooooooo much easier on your back especially if you have been using those big bulky plastic jobbies!
I have also seen many designer types too for much more money, the Walmart ones run about $25. Ultimately I want to get that Kittywalk PetStroller SUV. If you haven't seen it you gotta check out their web site. It is too cute! It doubles as a carrier/carseat and it is such a good way to take your indoor cats for a 'walk'. And the stroller would be perfect for vet visits! (Actually I remember you saying you let your big boys out right? So they would actually prob not like that idea so much! ;) ...Mine however I think would looooove it, well after they got over being scared!!!! :rolleyes: )

chico2
September 26th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Thank's Dahmer...that bag sounds great.I hope my Wal-Mart has it...
I've seen the kitty walker before,great idea!!
My cats are out with hubby right now,all three are laying under the bird-feeders...my bad,bad cats!!! :D No luck in catching any though,I won't let them!

krdahmer
September 27th, 2004, 12:32 PM
LOL....I put a feeder right outside the office window, and put a shelf under the sill inside....needless to say it is one of the favored hang-outs now! It's funny though cause I think the cats do more chirping than the birds!!!!! :rolleyes:

chico2
September 27th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Dahmer,I went to our Wal-Mart today and of course they did not have the bag :( Are you on the US side or here in Ontario?
We are going to South Carolina next month(barring any hurricanes)and we always bring home a truck-load(almost)of stuff for the cats,since we are feeling guilty for leaving them with our son :D
Their big Pet-supply stores seem to have more to choose from and I'll look for one there.
Today I did not just have to watch the birds and the cats,we had an adorable coon sleeping in one of our trees,of course Vinnie wanted to climb up and investigate that fluffy thing in the tree,so I had to put him inside.
The other two cats,could not be bothered :D

krdahmer
September 28th, 2004, 12:49 AM
LOL...I wonder who'd be more startled the sleeping coon or Vinnie for finding out the ball of fur had teeth??!!! :eek:
Oh and for sure look in the States, I am here in Ontario and have to say that I am an avid cross border shopper. They have so much more selection and ACTUAL sale prices! I found our carriers at the Wal-Mart here in Niagara Falls Ontario, but I just bought the last one...and we (well hubby) broke Smoke's zipper, so I may have to go get another soon. :rolleyes:
And I do the same thing anytime we leave them at my mom's I always come home with new toy mice or something! And I'll keep my fingers crossed about that weather for ya!!

iRONKNiGHT
September 28th, 2004, 04:16 AM
i feel left out :( LOL In such a nice kitty chat~!
the Kittywalk PetStroller SUV looks funny... but kinda not needed if a person like myself takes the time to somewhat train their cat to use a harness :/
it's cute tho :)

chico2
September 28th, 2004, 08:45 AM
This time of the year,every year CNN becomes my favourite channel and I watch with anticipation for the next hurricane,we've been going to SC for the past 15yrs and only been through one hurricane(Hugo 1989)scary,interesting stuff..Mother Nature is amazing and extreemly powerful...
I am already feeling guilty and worried about leaving my cats,my son does not take them outside,he's worried they would run away,knowing I would kill him :D Consequently he'll have 3 very noisy cats for 2 weeks.
Awwwww poor Knighty :D

krdahmer
September 28th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Aw...there's always room for you here Knight!
Buddy has no problem on the harness, but the girls HATE it. They also don't like going outside unless they are in the car... they have been strictly indoors since day one, Buddy was outside a lot before we took him in. I just think it would be nice to get to take the girls for a stroll too, I know Buddy would have no problem just strappin on that harness and going...but the girls would prob feel safer in the stroller. They are just two great big fluffy scaredy cats!

And you were in a hurricane Chico? Wow. I know what you mean about scary weather... I went to Arkansas once during Tornado Season at the point where the 'Bible Belt' meets 'Tornado Alley'. We got there just a few days after a huge tornado had gone through this town and touched down a few places in his neighbourhood. I was staying with my fiance at the time in his double wide (you can't tell them from a reg house down there...they really do them up nice), and the actual reg foundation style house next door was just gone....nothing left but the foundation and some lumber! While we were there, a tornado struck nearby and we all had to head for shelter...the sky alone was enough to give me nightmares...what you see on TV does those things no justice...the colour of the sky is sooooo eerie!!!! It turned like this soupy green colour almost like looking up at the ocean! :eek: