Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A miracle for bird owners

meggie1425
September 25th, 2004, 02:10 PM
As every bird owner knows, they are very messy!! Well, i found something that works miracles in getting bird poo off of furniture, etc., Windex!! If you spray it on hardened bird poo, or bird poo stains, and let it sit for about a minute, it wipes right off!! Just remember that the smell of windex is not good for birds, so take them out of the room for an hour or 2 when you spray it. Im not sure how well it works for bigger birds, but for my 2 C0ckatiels, it
works REALLY well!!!

glasslass
September 25th, 2004, 02:19 PM
After seeing "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", I really giggle when someone recommends Windex for anything! :D Does it hurt a stained wood finish? Just curious - I don't have a bird.

meggie1425
September 25th, 2004, 03:20 PM
After seeing "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", I really giggle when someone recommends Windex for anything! :D Does it hurt a stained wood finish? Just curious - I don't have a bird.
ya, thats what it reminds me of whenever i use it!! :D Im not sure if it hurts a stained wood finish, the only things ive ever had to use it on was my window sill, the table their cage is on, and the plastic mat underneath their cage. I think that before its used on anything, it should be tested on a hidden part of that piece of furniture, or what ever it may be... I also spray and wipe that area with water after using it, just to make sure there is non left over that my birds accidently eat, or lick.