Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Canine Pyoderma

bigeasy1
April 27th, 2011, 06:33 PM
We have a blue pitbull and she is having a very difficult time with Canine Pyoderma. We use injections, baths, and medications. She continues worsen. She is covered from head to toe. We have used allergy injections. We would appreciate any advice. She is a very sweet dog but we hate to see her like this. How painful is her condition? Thank you

sugarcatmom
April 27th, 2011, 11:01 PM
We have a blue pitbull and she is having a very difficult time with Canine Pyoderma. We use injections, baths, and medications. She continues worsen. She is covered from head to toe. We have used allergy injections. We would appreciate any advice. She is a very sweet dog but we hate to see her like this. How painful is her condition? Thank you

What medications have been used? How was the pyoderma diagnosed (ie, was a skin scraping taken, with a culture and sensitivity done on the sample?)?

What does your pup eat?

kathryn
April 27th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I see pits with this situation all the time and I can tell you right off the bat, if you are not feeding a hypoallergenic diet rich in good fatty acids you need to do that ASAP. It will make a world of difference.

bigeasy1
April 29th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Thank you. We have tried most of the commercial pet foods, including prescription Science Diet from our vet. We would appreciate any suggestions for her food, including commercial food and homemade recipes. The more I learn about commercial foods the more I fear giving them to my Chocolate lab ( Tootsie ) and Suge ( our blue pit ). Thank you again, Tommy

bigeasy1
April 29th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Suge had a full test of all her allergies. She is allergic to everything. She had skin biops and also her skin scaping test. We also went through several shots from Vet Dermatolists. She is currently receiving shots, as well as, baths every other day. I appreciate all of the postings.