Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's been awhile but I'm fostering again!

Luvmypitgirls
April 26th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Today PBFL brought me a Pitbull Beagle cross. She's a sweet little thing. Really cute in a "fugly" kinda way lol.
Took her on an introductory walk with Jersey, and within 1/2 block, I had them walking side by side both leashes in my left hand.
Then we took her on a walk with Abby, they hit it off immediately. Abby, seems to have a calming effect on other dogs (except for the standard poodle I dogsat this weekend), she's a really solid "bomb proof" dog.
Then we headed out with our foster and Kato, and Goob got so upset we were over a block away and could hear him barking and crying. So hubby went back to get him and we walked the foster with both boys and she was more than comfy to walk between the two. She's very "wee", just a tiny thing compared to my dogs, so it was really cute to see her sandwhiched between the boys.
I have her until May 8th, we are going to work on her manners, and do some lead work and recall. Whoever adopts her will have to make a commitment to keeping her well socialized, and redirect her focus as she fixates on dogs she sees walking by. She was great with our dogs tho.
She seen a Port Waterdog, and was posturing rather aggressively, she didn't growl or anything just puffed out her chest, sticking her head out as far as she could leaning hard off the end of the leash. It was 10 minutes of correction after correction but finally she quit and sat nicely.
So it should be an interesting couple weeks! I couldn't be happier, I need a new challenge, life has been rather mundane lately.

hazelrunpack
April 26th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Of course she postured at the Port Waterdog! She had two big boys to back her up! :laughing: She does sound like a sweetie!! How old is she?

And what in interesting breed combination! :D Will the rescue allow you to post pics? :fingerscr

Melinda
April 26th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I agree, we definately need pics, you're a good person doing this.

chico2
April 26th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Wow,that's some combination,I suppose the mother was the Beagle,poor girl.
I am glad the pup is coming to you and I think photos of ALL thepups are in order,it's been a while and I love looking at your gorgeous pups:lovestruck:

Luvmypitgirls
April 26th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Of course she postured at the Port Waterdog! She had two big boys to back her up! :laughing: She does sound like a sweetie!! How old is she?

And what in interesting breed combination! :D Will the rescue allow you to post pics? :fingerscr

Her name is Ember, she's approx 2yrs of age. Interesting combination indeed, and to add to the mix, I do believe there may be some Pug in this girl too, so I would say she's a Pugle Pit X, that's my opinion anyway:laughing:
I will post pics as soon as hubby hooks up the new router tonight...this is my umpteenth attempt at posting this reply I keep losing internet signal:frustrated:

I agree, we definately need pics, you're a good person doing this.

Pics are coming!:)

Wow,that's some combination,I suppose the mother was the Beagle,poor girl.
I am glad the pup is coming to you and I think photos of ALL thepups are in order,it's been a while and I love looking at your gorgeous pups:lovestruck:

Actually from what I understand the mom was the Pitbull...poor girl:laughing::laughing:;)
Yes it's been some time since Ive posted pics of my puppers...I'm a lazy pic poster lol..I will work on it, I promise!:thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
April 26th, 2011, 05:43 PM
LMPG...I'm glad everyone is getting along. And I would to see a pic of the new girl between the big pups! LOL