Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Tao of Scruffy

Etown_Chick
April 24th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Not sure if anyone ever read The Tao of Pooh, which outlined Pooh Bear's philosophy on life. I just think a dog's philosophy beats the heck out of a bear's:
- Snuggles make everything better
- Run, run, run like a crazy fetch machine every day to keep in tip top shape
- Don't sweat the small stuff, like muddy paws all over the kitchen floor
- REAL dogs shed
- It's ok to share your ball with your friends
- We will NOT share the house with squirrels
- At the park, the best walks are with our friends, even if we really don't like them. They still make the walk better
- Strangers are people I haven't snuggled with yet
- Be gentle with children, and don't snap at their hands if they play fetch with you
- It takes so little to make the humans happy, and they're the only ones who can open the freezer, so go ahead and sit, stay, come whatever. It's worth it in the end
- No one has definatively proven that cats have a right to exist

What doggy (or kitty) philosophies do your furr-babies have?

Mirela
April 24th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Any day should start and end with belly rubs

hazelrunpack
April 24th, 2011, 12:30 PM
If you really want that squirrel/rabbit/raccoon/deer/etc to come inside the yard to play, you must bark as loud as you can to make sure it hears the invitation. That way, even if said creature does not take you up on your invitation, you can still have loads of fun issuing it! :dog:

CsqU4r3d
April 24th, 2011, 01:13 PM
It does not matter if Mum wants to sleep in...Chum chow is to be served at 7am....And I do not recognize the twice yearly time change! :thumbs up:crazy:

ownedbycats
April 26th, 2011, 09:32 AM
If I make you let me in and out several times in a row, the rain will stop and I can have sunshine. - Seuss

hazelrunpack
April 26th, 2011, 09:40 AM
If I make you let me in and out several times in a row, the rain will stop and I can have sunshine. - Seuss
If I thought for sure that'd work, I'd be more than happy to let the dogs out in the rain and back in again muddy as they've been requesting repeatedly this morning! :p Has Seuss been on the phone to the Pack again? :o :laughing:

ownedbycats
April 27th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Fortunately for our phone bill, and your peace, no, he hasn't. Hearing a cat on the other end would be sure to set your pack off in enough barking to rival the thunderstorm.:D

pattymac
May 3rd, 2011, 12:58 AM
The deer leave piles of poop just for you to roll in!!

pattymac
May 3rd, 2011, 12:59 AM
Black bog mud is the best!! (Not much of it around here..though..Mom is happy!)