Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

does anyone else cat....

Magicwildwolf69
April 9th, 2011, 09:01 PM
lick plastic bags? Shopping bags, garbage bags, any bags??????

Serena keeps licking our shopping bags. she walked on the table and pawed at a bunch of bags there were hanging on the chair. when we moved them she went to a little garbage can that has a shopping bag in it. i mean what really? she does this a lot and wonder if anyone else has that problem. i keep them up where she can't get them but ugh!!!! little :evil: she is!

14+kitties
April 9th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Yep, Mylee loves to chew on plastic. Normally when I am opening a case of cat food she is right there to chew on the plastic. She doesn't bother with the plastic until after I cut it open. Then it's fair game. I keep a close eye on her and take it away before she ingests any.

erykah1310
April 9th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I honestly thought Miss Mia was the only cat in the world that did this. I'm so happy I'm not alone.
Does anyone know why they do this? It drives me crazy lol

14+kitties
April 9th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Maybe this will explain things a little....

http://cat-chitchat.pictures-of-cats.org/2009/01/cats-lick-plastic-bags.html

kathryn
April 9th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Missy does that EXCESSIVELY. I am pretty sure she has some form of PICA but she never actually ingests anything I catch her licking weird things all the time to the point where it disrupts my sleeping or daily activities because she will be sooo loud and obnoxious about it.

Gee, if she spent half as much time cleaning herself as she does licking other things she probably wouldn't feel like a greasy pig :rolleyes: