Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hallo? What be this? A new member? Ahoy!

Dracen
April 8th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Hello :) I'm new here. I started off making a thread here actually and got a question answered and only then noticed this bit...Yeah I'm smart, aren't I?

So, my pet-related history! We've had fish since I was a baby. Well, we had to get rid of the tank when I was nine because we moved, but I intend to get fish again. Mom brought home a little kitten for me when I was one. When she asked what I wanted to name it, I made a little "Pah pah" noise with my lips - that was how I said "fish" (I was imitating the way their lips moved), so we called him Fisher. Unfortunately he ran away when I was five as a result of the people renting out our basement getting a dog. When I was seven we got another cat, Scratches, and then yet another, Chico. They got along until we moved when I was nine, and then Chico became the dominant cat and ran Scratches out of the house. We still have Chico.

When I was nine, I got a milk snake for my birthday. Being an incredibly creative nine-year-old, I named him "Birthday". Birthday had a happy life, but died prematurely when I was fifteen. He probably got sick or so, but veterinary medicine doesn't extend to snakes very well...:( My brother has a bearded dragon named Spike. Spike is nearing the end of his life.

Recently I began wanting a pet again, so I bought myself two ferrets: Draco and Bellatrix. Yes, those names were inspired by Harry Potter (Draco is white, so I thought, Why not?). As some people on this forum already know, I'm also looking into pet rats (who will be kept in a separate cage and not allowed to come into contact with the ferrets, don't worry! ;)). I want a bunch of other pets as well...but I'll probably stagger them out over a few years.

As a final note, I just want to say that you guys rock! You're helpful and polite. I won't go into more detail, but to sum it all up: Thanks! *hugs*

Brandon W
April 8th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Welcome! Pictures are a must ! :P

mummummum
April 9th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Welcome to Pets Dracen !

hazelrunpack
April 9th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Welcome to the board, Dracen. We really would enjoy seeing some pics if you have some to share? :D

Dracen
April 10th, 2011, 05:04 PM
I've got three up so far. Should put up more XD I don't have many pictures yet...need to get some more!