Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy Ariel is getting spayed today

GunnerX
September 24th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Just dropped her off at the vet to get spayed and microchipped. Going to be picking her up at 5 this afternoon. My wife has been worrying that she will not be the same playful puppy after this. I had to assure her several times that she would be the same and not to worry. She just felt guilty for doing this to Ariel since she doesn't really have a choice. I guess I do have some feeling of guilt too. Hope she recovers fast!

Mysts38
September 24th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Good luck little Ariel! Mommy and daddy dont feel guilty..this is actually best for your baby..and she sure will be the same playful girl...but for now she will need some quiet and rest and time to recover :)

Writing4Fun
September 24th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Please don't feel guilty! After a little r&r, she'll be right back to normal. Trust me! :) Phoebe was spayed two weeks ago. When we first brought her home, she was soooo stoned, and I felt awful for putting her through that. Within two days, though, she was right back to her old bouncy self! ;) You're being a very responsible parent to your furbaby. Good for you! :D

GunnerX
September 24th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the kind words. Good to hear that it doesn't take much time for them to recover.

GsdDiamond
September 24th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Oh trust us! Being spayed won't take any of the "bounciness" away!!!! :D :D

Kudos for doing what's best for your baby!!! She'll be good as new in no time flat!

Cflat
September 24th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Quite the opposite my friend. It is not only the responsible thing to do it is in the best interest of your dog! She'll be back to her old self in no time!

GunnerX
September 24th, 2004, 04:46 PM
She's back home now. Quite groggy from the drugs. Hopefully she recovers soon. She's not licking her stitches so she's doesn't have to wear a cone.

GunnerX
September 27th, 2004, 09:11 AM
I'm quite surprised at how fast she recovered! Friday night when she got back, she couldn't move and i think it hurt her to walk. I took her out but all she did was sit down on the sidewalk so I brought her back in. All she did was sleep that night. I decided to stay downstairs with her in the family room and sleep on the couch while she slept on the floor beside me. I guess the medicine was wearing out and she was feeling the pain. I would pet her but once I stopped, she would start whining. There was part of a chew bone on the floor and gave that to her and she started chewing on it. I decided to give her a new one to chew on to keep her busy and forget the pain. I fell asleep thereafter. When I woke up in the morning, she wasn't on the floor sleeping. I looked behind the couch, there she was walking around like normal. I took her out for a walk and she was acting like nothing happened! By the afternoon, she was running around with her toys back to her old normal self!

glasslass
September 27th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Isn't it amazing? Sometimes I think humans could learn alot from animals. They don't have the psychological baggage that complicates everything. We worry and baby ourselves. Animals take things as they come and get over it. Don't let her overdo though. Glad she's recovering so quickly!