Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rant Rant Rant

Shaykeija
April 6th, 2011, 10:30 PM
I was in another site and this loser was talking about the wonderful kittens they just had. What makes them losers? They bred their rag doll cat...with it's own son.....And are so happy to have kittens.....Trailer trash..:censored::censored::censored::censored: And they wonder why one kitten died. Didn't take it to the vet, just let it die....UGH :wall::wall::wall::wall:

I have just realized I developed an allergy.....I am now allergic to any form of stupid.

Masha
April 6th, 2011, 10:38 PM
This is just horrible..... and sad... and disgusting... and did i mention horrible?? :wall::wall::wall:

though to be honest, i dont see why you would use the term trailer trash... living in a trailer or being poor has nothing to do with how someone treats animals.... just my :2cents: but i think it can be quite offensive to some people when you use that term in such a way...

Shaykeija
April 6th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Trailer trash is just an expression. So, I will not be baited by that comment.

rainbow
April 6th, 2011, 11:06 PM
LOL @ trailer trash .....although I don't live in one I sure wish I did right now. :D

Shay, people like you mentioned just make me :yuck: .....how stupid can a person be. :wall:

I guess we can only hope to try and educate them. :fingerscr

Shaykeija
April 6th, 2011, 11:08 PM
LOL Rainbow..ya know what the kicker is? I own a trailer...LMAO I use it in the summer at camp...

rainbow
April 6th, 2011, 11:17 PM
LOL Rainbow..ya know what the kicker is? I own a trailer...LMAO I use it in the summer at camp...

We used to have a vacation one too that we left at the lake for the summer. :cloud9:

But, I would really love to get out of this house we are in and buy a new mobile home (actually I think they call them something different now) as at our age we don't need all the extra space and lots less cleaning for me as well. :D

Shaykeija
April 6th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Umm I think they are called modular homes?

rainbow
April 6th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Umm I think they are called modular homes?

LOL ...yep, that's what I was thinking of. :thumbs up

Oh, and sorry for taking your thread off topic. :sorry:

People like those that you mentioned just make me sick and I feel so sorry for those poor kittens. :(

Shaykeija
April 6th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Ya, it really twisted me up too. Too bad people are so stupid and uncareing...

mummummum
April 6th, 2011, 11:54 PM
May I assume Shay that these ill-informed and irresponsible unfortunates were provided with lots of good info on why breeding their animals is inhumane and speutering is the ONLY intelligent and compassionate choice? :pray:

When I think that in the GTA alone there are over a feral half-million cats and kittens... :cry:

Not to mention the tens of thousands of cats and kittens who end up in shelters, put to death because of senseless, needless breeding. :yell:

Shaykeija
April 7th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Yep I mentioned strongley....

mummummum
April 7th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Good work :thumbs up. Frankly, I don't know where folks like you get the patience and tolerance.

Taking advantage of opportunities to educate people about why NO ONE should breed animals is so critical. For the sake of the animals AND the planet. As much as I loathe a Nanny state, in my dream world I wish there was some way to create and enforce a timed moratorium on all breeding.

Luvmypitgirls
April 7th, 2011, 01:57 AM
This is just horrible..... and sad... and disgusting... and did i mention horrible?? :wall::wall::wall:

though to be honest, i dont see why you would use the term trailer trash... living in a trailer or being poor has nothing to do with how someone treats animals.... just my :2cents: but i think it can be quite offensive to some people when you use that term in such a way...

My inlaws live in a trailer park, good honest hard working people, now retired.
I know they are offended by that expression, which I too have often used, but am trying very hard not to anymore.:o

As for the kitten breeders, I can't post what I think of ppl like that, cuz I'm sure such language would most certainly be offensive to many viewers :o

Shaykeija
April 7th, 2011, 02:10 AM
LOL My Idea of trailer trash and others could be up for debate..Where did I ever say they lived a trailer?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e109/bchorse/nature/HPIM2261.jpg

mummummum
April 7th, 2011, 02:23 AM
Hmmmm...I've been in that apartment! :p

Point of privilege Your Honour?
Is it considered bad form to :offtopic: your own thread? :D

...in all seriousness though. I think the point has been made and I don't want to lose sight of this important topic. :2cents:

Love4himies
April 7th, 2011, 10:39 AM
OMG I shouldn't have opened this thread :cry: :mad: :wall: :loser:.

I think I would have attacked this person and been banned immediately :o. There is no reason in this day and age to know that breeding a mother and son is considered "inbreeding" and leads to genetic issues. That is just incredibly inexcusable.

mummummum
April 7th, 2011, 05:51 PM
OMG I shouldn't have opened this thread :cry: :mad: :wall: :loser:.

I think I would have attacked this person and been banned immediately :o. There is no reason in this day and age to know that breeding a mother and son is considered "inbreeding" and leads to genetic issues. That is just incredibly inexcusable.

Well thats the thing isn't it? How do you respond? If it's genuine ignorance then there's a *certain* level of forgiveness on my part and a willingness to inform and educate. If it's a question of cultural differences between our two countries of origin in how companion animals are viewed and treated then I *may* have a higher tolerance for ignorance. But, my threshold is lowering because a/ if you are in my country then you are in "my" culture now and b/ if you have access to the internet, you have virtual access to all the information you could possibly need as an animal guardian and c/ if you are on a companion animal forum then you have even less reason to remain ignorant.

So, what does that leave us with? Cognitive impairment? Nope, you're smart enough to use the internet and communicate on a BB. Wilful ignorance ~ as in, choosing not to believe something to be true because it is inconvenient or doesn't match your self-centred interests? Possibly. If so, my tolerance just plummeted and the "big words" are gonna get some exercise. And lastly, you do know what you are doing is wrong and you do not care about the consequences for the animal. Well, zip goes my tolerance and out come the sticks ~ no more carrots.

I'd be interested to know Shay what the response was from other members and how the OP felt about what they had to say. If there's a better way to stop animal abuse like this, I'd like to know it.

Shaykeija
April 7th, 2011, 06:02 PM
There was just more or less an oh well attitude. There were more congrats on the new kittens. UGH I told them they should spay the Queen and neuter the tom but hey those fools I guess, will breed anything to make a buck. BYB's, miller, hobby breeders just make me want to vomit. Oh and just in case there is a fool reading this, I apologize for picking your type out. Did not mean to offend ya.....

Chris21711
April 7th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I didn't read into your comment as "anyone living in a Trailer is trash" Shay....:rolleyes:

quincymycat
April 7th, 2011, 06:18 PM
How close to home that one hits for me....

My Ragdoll is the result of the father being bred ... repeatedly...with his daughters. Thankfully I rescued my poor Dakota and he is living a pretty good life now...except ... he is almost completely blind and has a bit of a "simple" mentality.

Yay for BYB...and the poor people who buy from them. I only wish I could have closed this woman down completely but no one would listen and to my knowledge, she's likely still at it. :(

mummummum
April 7th, 2011, 06:21 PM
There was just more or less an oh well attitude. There were more congrats on the new kittens. UGH I told them they should spay the Queen and neuter the tom but hey those fools I guess, will breed anything to make a buck.

And the other forum members just said more or less "Oh well". :(. That saddens me deeply."Cute kittens" makes me see red.

What a wasted opportunity. If not to educate then at the very least to *shame*. And, I'm not talking about resorting to name-calling or insults, I'm talking about a civil, fact-based expression of extreme displeasure and if necessary, exclusion. Victim-witness impact statements are an example, Native justice and sentencing circles are another, the Mennonite and Anglican circle of friends and support are yet another.

If people doing wrong are not held to account and corrected by a community of their peers how can we expect attitudes and practices which are abusive to animals and detrimental to the planet to change?

Shaykeija
April 7th, 2011, 06:24 PM
How true. I tried to educate and not get all snotty, but I was pretty well told to STFU. I never got rude or called them names. I was just concerned about the health of those poor, poor kittens.:(

Luvmypitgirls
April 8th, 2011, 12:29 AM
I didn't read into your comment as "anyone living in a Trailer is trash" Shay....:rolleyes:

hmmm, actually neither did I. I was actually addressing Masha's concern and how I too use(d) the term until one day my mil told me it offended her.
We all know there is a conotation to the expression, whether we like to admit it or not.:rolleyes:
But hey whatever, no sweat....moving on...:)

As for the folks that inbred their cats, I think the word "idiots" far better suits them.:)

Chris21711
April 8th, 2011, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=Luvmypitgirls;1001533]

We all know there is a conotation to the expression, whether we like to admit it or not.:rolleyes:
But hey whatever, no sweat....moving on...

[QUOTE]

Sorry LMPG, I don't know what you are trying to say :shrug:

Love4himies
April 8th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Well thats the thing isn't it? How do you respond? If it's genuine ignorance then there's a *certain* level of forgiveness on my part and a willingness to inform and educate. If it's a question of cultural differences between our two countries of origin in how companion animals are viewed and treated then I *may* have a higher tolerance for ignorance. But, my threshold is lowering because a/ if you are in my country then you are in "my" culture now and b/ if you have access to the internet, you have virtual access to all the information you could possibly need as an animal guardian and c/ if you are on a companion animal forum then you have even less reason to remain ignorant.

So, what does that leave us with? Cognitive impairment? Nope, you're smart enough to use the internet and communicate on a BB. Wilful ignorance ~ as in, choosing not to believe something to be true because it is inconvenient or doesn't match your self-centred interests? Possibly. If so, my tolerance just plummeted and the "big words" are gonna get some exercise. And lastly, you do know what you are doing is wrong and you do not care about the consequences for the animal. Well, zip goes my tolerance and out come the sticks ~ no more carrots.

I'd be interested to know Shay what the response was from other members and how the OP felt about what they had to say. If there's a better way to stop animal abuse like this, I'd like to know it.

Exactly, It is general knowledge that inbreeding is not good for any species, to not understand why is one thing (then you google to find out more), to blatantly ignore facts at the expense of a living being is abuse.

rainbow
April 8th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Shay, I'm sorry to hear that you aren't having any luck trying to explain to the folks on the other forum. :(

Unfortunately, people like that only have $$$ signs in their eyes instead of trying to improve the breed. :frustrated: They certainly don't care about the health of their pets. :wall:

Shaykeija
April 8th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Yea I know....I can only hope that Karma b!tch slaps them into their next plane of existence.....,:angel:

emilie42
April 8th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Yea I know....I can only hope that Karma b!tch slaps them into their next plane of existence.....,:angel:

That's where I saw you before. The "other" forum. Nice to see you here too.

Shaykeija
April 9th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Welcome to the funny farm....

mummummum
April 9th, 2011, 12:34 AM
I'm Funny...she's Farm :p Pleezed ta meetcha! :D

Shaykeija
April 9th, 2011, 12:35 AM
LOL
:laughing:

Luvmypitgirls
April 9th, 2011, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=Luvmypitgirls;1001533]

But hey whatever, no sweat....moving on...

[QUOTE]

Sorry LMPG, I don't know what you are trying to say :shrug:

Chris, I was just trying to point out that I understood Masha's concern regarding the expression "trailer trash",and that I too used the expression until I learned it offended my inlaws whom live in a trailer park in Calgary.
I make an effort to longer used that expression out of respect for my inlaws.
The expression trailer trash bares a negative connotation, whether it was infact meant that way or not.
:sorry:...:offtopic:, but I felt Masha raised a legitimate point and I wanted to address it. I bare no anomosity about it, she made a comment which I felt was valid that's it end of story :)