Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Licked chocolate pudding

Faz200
April 4th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Would a cat get sick enough to die from a few licks of chocolate pudding?

kathryn
April 4th, 2011, 10:29 PM
No.... very unlikely. My cat has eaten full on candy bars and he's survived totally fine. Chocolate isn't quite the danger people make it out to be. For one, chocolate pudding probably doesn't have very much REAL chocolate in it to begin with. Real, pure dark chocolate is the worst. It has the most to do with the theobromine.

http://vetmedicine.about.com/cs/nutritiondogs/a/chocolatetoxici.htm

My cat is a straight up chocoholic.. I gave up on trying to make him stop, so I just give him bits of chocolate every so often. Only in small quantities and never any type of straight up chocolate chocolate.. but he likes nibbles of cookies, Reese's cups and Tastykakes. I know everyone probably is freaking out by seeing me talking about this :o but the cat honestly has a garbage disposal for a mouth, and I find feeding him controlled amounts of people food has worked much better than just trying to keep him from stealing/begging because if I don't let him have people food he will steal it in ANY way possible and has even chewed through bags/boxes of foods and snacks to steal what is inside.

14+kitties
April 5th, 2011, 08:56 AM
A couple of licks isn't going to harm. It is still not a good idea to let your kitty lick/eat chocolate. :thumbs up