Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Trouble posting replies on threads - log out/in

Lulu's Mom
April 4th, 2011, 10:22 PM
I can stay on pets for an hour, viewing posts and different threads, and I have no problem with my 'logged in' status... However, when I try to post a reply to a thread (I click 'post reply', type a title, then the text of my reply, then scroll down to click on 'submit post'), after I click 'submit', a new screen appears that says I have to be logged in to be able to submit posts.

This is getting very annoying! :frustrated: :wall: Whenever I want to post, I have to be sure to copy the entire completed post that I've typed, before I click on 'submit' ... then I have to log BACK in, find the previous thread again, and go thru the process again (this time, just 'pasting' the text of my post and clicking 'submit' right away).

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

kathryn
April 4th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Yep, we've been having that problem for a while... read the other thread in this forum area

Dee-O-Gee
April 4th, 2011, 10:29 PM
That's happened to me a few times in the past and without disturbing your reply, simply go back up to the user name/password, type and everything should still be there and intact. :thumbs up

The other alternative is to check the box "remember me" which would also eliminate the unnecessary logout.

Lulu's Mom
April 4th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I did read most of that other thread, altho it didn't seem to be talking about the same issue as I'm having... 14+ mentioned getting a msg that says Pets.ca is not available or moved when she refreshes a page, and having to click on a post 2-3 times before it would open. Another member mentioned the site 'freezing' ... I'm not experiencing any of these. In fact, I don't have the 'you need to log in' problem when I submit a NEW post/thread (such as my initial one here) - just when I'm replying to someone else's post.

Lulu's Mom
April 4th, 2011, 11:16 PM
thanks, klm - I'll try both of those! :)

kathryn
April 4th, 2011, 11:18 PM
It just logs me out whenever it feels like it, regardless of if I click remember me or not. It will log me out when I am replying to a post as well, or when I submit a thread..oorrrr just whenever it dang well pleases :shrug:

marko
April 5th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Unfortunately (and fortunately for some) this version of the board software has increased security features that log you out much more frequently than previous versions. I can only guess the reason for this is that many people loggon from places other than their homes, so this helps prevent snooping into accounts from strangers, coworkers etc..

thx!
Marko

14+kitties
April 5th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I can stay on pets for an hour, viewing posts and different threads, and I have no problem with my 'logged in' status... However, when I try to post a reply to a thread (I click 'post reply', type a title, then the text of my reply, then scroll down to click on 'submit post'), after I click 'submit', a new screen appears that says I have to be logged in to be able to submit posts.

This is getting very annoying! :frustrated: :wall: Whenever I want to post, I have to be sure to copy the entire completed post that I've typed, before I click on 'submit' ... then I have to log BACK in, find the previous thread again, and go thru the process again (this time, just 'pasting' the text of my post and clicking 'submit' right away).

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

Lulu's Mom - when you do your reply and that page comes up saying you have to be logged in does it also give you the log in stuff right there? You know, name and password? If it does you can fill it in right in those fields and that way it just continues on with what you were doing - posting. No need to copy and paste. If you want to do the copy/paste for the first few times just so you know I'm not joshin' you go ahead.