Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My kitten was spayed and did not seem so...

k79440750
April 4th, 2011, 05:27 AM
my 5 months old kitten done her spay on Friday morning and was taken home at about 3pm.

the vet said my kitten was so mad and wouldnt let anyone to touch and to hold her, so they had to give her extra anesthetic. and they gave her the pain meds too.

after my kitten got home, she was really good and didnt look like she been given the surgry...

i kept her in a room that only has a bed in. she been playing and running and didnt seem tired or sleepy at all till midnight. after midnight she tried to sleep but her eyes wont close. about 2 in the morning, she finally felt asleep.

the next day she looked normal and everything is normal just like before the surgry.

im kinda worried that because she been given the pain meds and doesnt feel any pain even if inside breakdown????? however, i checked her incision it looks normal...

should i still be worried then?????

thanks in advanced anyone for replying my thread!!!!!!

Tundra_Queen
April 4th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Hi

Welcome to the forum.

The kitty sounds like she is playing because she can't feel the pain due to the meds she is on, which may not be a good thing. She needs to be kept quiet so that her stitches will not tear.

I was told when my cats were fixed to keep them quiet espeically the female.

Love4himies
April 4th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Yay for spaying!!!!!! Welcome to pets.

Your kitty sounds perfectly normal. The younger the kitties, the easier they seem to bounce back from surgery. When I have my foster kittens altered, they would be back to playing normally the same day :eek: it would put me in a panic trying to keep a litter of kittens quiet :rolleyes:. The mommas seem to take a day or two to recuperate :(.

As long as she is eating/pooping and her incision doesn't turn red or oozing, I wouldn't worry too much. However if anything changes, call your vet right away.

Good luck and please keep us updated. :pray: :goodvibes:

Marty11
April 4th, 2011, 10:37 AM
When my kitty was spayed it wasn't till day 3 that she was trembling from pain. I was told the pain meds was wearing off and this would be her hardest day. It was around day 5 she started to act normal again.

pattymac
April 4th, 2011, 11:48 AM
My kitten had a bit of a reaction to the internal sutures, so I took her in to the vet and they gave her a long acting antibiotic and 3 days worth of a pain killer. By day 2 of this, she was back to her normal spastic little self, she hasn't looked back!

Good on you for spaying your little girl!! They're soooo much easier to get along with!!

kathryn
April 4th, 2011, 12:22 PM
In addition to what the others said, just be sure to not use any kind if OTC medications, especially those listed for people (example, don't give her an asprin).

Otherwise if everything looks good, my only suggestion would be to keep her confined for a few more days so she doesn't hurt herself. I don't normally use pain meds on my basic spay/neuters for my fosters or ferals unless there is a complication because I find that doping them up may make them feel good but they are all too willing to jump back into normal activities when they should be resting.

The younger guys and gals do SO much better :thumbs up So a thumbs up to you for doing this now rather than later, so she will never have a chance to add to this massive kitty overpopulation.

k79440750
April 4th, 2011, 09:25 PM
thanks everyone,

i just been to the vet, she said my kitten's doing pretty good!!!