Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Remember when!!!

shirley1011
April 3rd, 2011, 05:15 PM
Remember when....this was a happy place....I remember helping to transport poor Shasta from Winston & Sylvie to Ohio where she was picked up and taken to her new home in Missouri....it was a pleasure to help that wonderful Shasta.

Love4himies
April 3rd, 2011, 05:20 PM
I remember those days when pets was filled with rescuers.

Wasn't Otter's Molly a foster of Frenchy's? Wonder what ever happened to Otter, she always posted great pics of Molly and her current dog, Nolie.

Winston
April 3rd, 2011, 05:25 PM
It was even more of a pleasure to be able to meet you Shirley when we transported sweet Shasta! I would do it again in a heartbeat! :thumbs up

Chris21711
April 3rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
If it hadn't have been for BenMax we wouldn't have Jack living with us. BenMax arranged with JRT Rescue that they would take him in if it just didn't work out with the dogs and cats at home.....

Do you know how hard it is to get a Jack taken into JRT Rescue?

Jack says thankyou BenMax :o

Love4himies
April 3rd, 2011, 05:27 PM
Now this is a thread that reminds me of the old pets members:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=11310

Love4himies
April 3rd, 2011, 05:39 PM
And this one, where everybody was on pins and needles hoping for a happy ending and Aslan came through:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48967&highlight=aslan

Love4himies
April 3rd, 2011, 05:41 PM
We need a reunion :D :lovestruck:

BenMax
April 3rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
Remember when we had to get a pit out of Ontario and then back into Ontario to catch a plane? I remember having great wonderful pet members step up to the plate. Remember that L4H?:grouphug:

shirley1011
April 3rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
Reunion ,,.sounds good L4 be nice before Aslan becomes a \newfie! hmmm isn't my place about 1/2 way for most??/?

\if it hadn't been for all the understanding & support at pets don't think I
could have made it thru with our missing Sable...thanks from the bottom of my heart....a very special group to me

Melinda
April 3rd, 2011, 06:38 PM
I remember asking members in pm land here about Stacer, another member who was interested in adopting one of my rescues....damn, it will be 3 yrs April 6th that she officially became Whisper/Skylars mom.....what an emotional time that was.

krdahmer
April 3rd, 2011, 07:22 PM
wow do I ever remember those threads!!! that one with the cat in the ceiling was soooo frustrating!...then aslan to the rescue!:thumbs up

Winston
April 3rd, 2011, 07:22 PM
Melinda here is a little picture to remember Whisper/Skylar from...she looked so awesome in person!! :thumbs up

This was Woofstock 2009

Melinda
April 3rd, 2011, 07:35 PM
thank you Winston, isn't she beautiful???? I could not have chosen a better mom and dad for her!!

Dee-O-Gee
April 3rd, 2011, 08:45 PM
A different aspect of Remember When! :shrug:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=147

For me, two years ago (and still today), everyone and their fur companion has meant something to someone in some way or another. :)

Not trying to brag on the video (volume required) but remembering what pets.ca was built on--friendships and the love of our pets. :cloud9:

Missing many of you and your pets! :cloud9:

Shaykeija
April 3rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
Sigh, I want those days and people back.

angeldogs
April 3rd, 2011, 09:15 PM
I can't find the thread.Happycats and buddy.

Tundra_Queen
April 3rd, 2011, 09:22 PM
If it wasn't for Shay and her rescue we wouldn't have our sweet Mindy in our house! LP and Shay told me about Shih tzus and how wodnerful they are. I didn't know anything about them. Shay found the perfect one for us and son drove me 7 hrs one way to pick up Mindy! She is one of the sweetest pups I've ever had. And now I want a herd of Shih Tzus cause no one can have just one! :D

Shaykeija
April 3rd, 2011, 10:02 PM
That is why I have 3 Tzu's and a poo....LOL

Dee-O-Gee
April 3rd, 2011, 10:09 PM
We need a reunion :D :lovestruck:

A reunion with who L4H? :shrug:

Not trying to cause any trouble but am curious to listen and learn how it was a few years ago if there was some kind of gathering of some sort. :)

Maybe in the future, it could be dubbed as a Pets.ca Convention instead of a reunion. :shrug: :D

hazelrunpack
April 3rd, 2011, 10:54 PM
The board is not just rescue, though. The board is a great resource for people looking for answers and people dealing with the worst news possible. Threads like these: Idiopathic thrombocytopenia in dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=73066) and Dog nose bleed - Answered by Dr. Lee
(http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=44407) Not rescue threads, but still part of the vital pulse of the board. And this service, like rescue, is ongoing.

14+kitties
April 3rd, 2011, 11:15 PM
I have my own special stories to tell about the friendships and the journeys some of my guys have taken to get here. I joined after the Shasta journey, right around the time of Skylar's adventure, and remember well when the cat was in the ceiling and aslan came to the rescue.
Pets, to me, was many many things. Pets was a place to come to learn. Pets was a place to come to share and hopefully help a little bit. Pets was a place to meet my "friends' without having to leave my house. Pets was a learning place, a sharing place, and a friendly place. Pets may not be all about rescue but we all cheered when one more was rescued; when one more found a forever home. Occasionally we still do. We did things for each other. We shared, we commiserated, we mourned. I truly hope sometime in the future Pets can once again be all of those things. :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
April 3rd, 2011, 11:36 PM
Some members still share (both joys and sorrows), commiserate, mourn losses, celebrate victories large and small, embrace possibilities, rejoice in a found pet. I see it every day. .

Tundra_Queen
April 4th, 2011, 12:53 AM
That is why I have 3 Tzu's and a poo....LOL

Yeah I know Shay, and the reason u find so many good homes for all the pups you help save!! :grouphug:

The board is not just rescue, though. The board is a great resource for people looking for answers and people dealing with the worst news possible. Threads like these: Idiopathic thrombocytopenia in dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=73066) and Dog nose bleed - Answered by Dr. Lee
(http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=44407) Not rescue threads, but still part of the vital pulse of the board. And this service, like rescue, is ongoing.

hazel,,,I don't think Shirley meant that it was just about rescue.

I thought it was the kewlest thing after I first joined to know that there were people getting organized to transport cats and dogs to another rescue so they could be adopted faster and to save them from being PTS! And I remember the kitties being caught and rescued from a warehouse and transported to foster homes. I had never seen anything like that before!

Some members still share (both joys and sorrows), commiserate, mourn losses, celebrate victories large and small, embrace possibilities, rejoice in a found pet. I see it every day.. quote edited as per original quote

hazel, I know I might have missed that in a post; being as I'm visually impaired,,,but I didn't see anyone mention that it was just about one person except for you. :( I think they were just remembering things and wanted to share them. You know when old folks sit on the porch in a rocker and reminisce about memories they have? Not that I'm calling anyone old. :D

Shaykeija
April 4th, 2011, 01:09 AM
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd92/kelticwench/decorations/chair.gif

Anyone care to join me?

Tundra_Queen
April 4th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Yeah I'll join ya,,,but can I please have my own chair? I'll squish ya if i sit on your lap! :laughing:

BenMax
April 4th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Hazel...you are :offtopic:. We are reminising about the highlights of our experiences here...good times, memorable times, times that we rejoiced in. It is not about forum services. It is about a community and not one person. I don't know where you got that from..

Now back on topic...:)

quincymycat
April 4th, 2011, 06:14 AM
I found this forum when I needed help with a paralysed cat....I was totally dunbfounded...as were my vet and the neurologist who saw him.
All worked out well....but this became a place of support and has remained so. It was a place where if I ran into any kind of problem I could get feedback and perhaps just feel better...It may be my imagination, but it seemed to be a place I felt secure with.....unfortunately, I am afraid to express anything anymore as I have received some snarky comments in the last few weeks from members I did not know...and it made me feel I was wasting my time even trying to share.....NOT established members who knew me and my furbabies...but others who seemed to show up from no where and deemed themselves "experts' in all fields.
I dont believe I have ever offered advise unless it has been tried by me in the past and was found useful to me and the pet invovled and this is the same for many others.
Thank you Shirley for reminding us we have all had some great experiences and support from here...what I believe the original intent was.

Love4himies
April 4th, 2011, 06:39 AM
I can't find the thread.Happycats and buddy.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=51713&highlight=buddy

And of course there is Melinda's rescue adopted by stacer:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=50551

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=51141

Love4himies
April 4th, 2011, 06:43 AM
A reunion with who L4H? :shrug:

:laughing::laughing: I meant an on-line reunion, you know, have old members come back and update us on what they have been up to, post new pics of their dogs/cats, just something like that. I think geographically it would be too difficult to get many members together. :cool:

shirley1011
April 4th, 2011, 06:47 AM
hazel, it was certainly not my intention that rescue was the only thing that made this a happy place. I have found in the past everyone so knowledgeable with real experiences..not just a googled response. So many with helpful ideas and suggestions...i now raw feed...would i have done that on my own or a googled topic...never...but the best thing i have done for my guys. \lost and found...still my passion and i have had so much support from the members here...everyone remembering Sable..Chris offering to go with me on that long drive to where we lost him...and like QMC...this was a place for comfort and to find answers to problems no matter what....and for that i miss this site dearly but somehow i will keep in touch with all those that have touched my heart....even if they are banned which i too feel this site is loser and the ones sent to bring this turmoil about will be gone in no time leaving a very sad place.

FAMILY IS FOREVER...AND THIS IS MY PETS FAMILY AND NO ONE CAN BREAK THAT

shirley1011
April 4th, 2011, 06:49 AM
l4 NEVER underestimate the power of the members here...what's a few miles

shirley1011
April 4th, 2011, 06:51 AM
online reunion???? not without Aslan

Love4himies
April 4th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Remember when we had to get a pit out of Ontario and then back into Ontario to catch a plane? I remember having great wonderful pet members step up to the plate. Remember that L4H?:grouphug:

I remember that, holy smokes, I nearly drowned in doggie spittle :cloud9: :lovestruck::cloud9::lovestruck: Any word on how she is doing?

Love4himies
April 4th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Some members still share (both joys and sorrows), commiserate, mourn losses, celebrate victories large and small, embrace possibilities, rejoice in a found pet. I see it every day. . quote edited as per original

I am not sure I am understand your comment about "one person" :confused:.

Perhaps Shirley can clarify, but I think you can post anything that you want to walk down memory lane with. If that be about a lost pet, or training aid, then so be it, doesn't matter :shrug:.

I often think about members who have disappeared and hope that all was well with them.

For me, it is about the comradeship that seemed to be more frequent a few years ago, and, yes, I'm not going to lie, about rescuing and everybody banding together to save a dog/cat.

OMG I am old :yell:, I sound like my parents :yell::yell: They would talk about the good old days when kids had to walk 10 miles to school in a blizzard, uphill both ways. :laughing:

mummummum
April 4th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Awwww Shirl, now you've gone and made me :cry:

What a wonderful, wonderful thread...thank you so much for thinking of this. Although I was never in a position to be able to help with any of the rescues I was always in the http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/1.gif. Often, after a particularly gruelling day at work, and sadly sometimes all too often at home, I would look to the rescue threads for a boost. And all of "you" out there doing the necessary or those cheering alongside me, well, you never fail to restore my belief that there are human beings who are deeply caring, thoughtful and compassionate at their core.

I joined Pets because of my rescued boy Declan, who is on the video, and I can tell you the little sanity I have left is because of Pets.ca. The calming, caring reassurance, the many, many words of wisdom and just plain common sense, the excellent advice and wealth of knowledge on so many fronts I've received over the years. It's also been an opportunity for me to share what (admittedly little :rolleyes:) I've learned as well. The podcasts, the articles, the availabilty of Vets like Dr. Lee ~ all to the good for my edumecation and I would certainly miss them if they didn't exist. But, for me, it's the forum that has been the life-saver. And the rescue stories for me are like food for my heart and balm for my soul.

Last but, not never least, Pets.ca been a place for me to laugh, rant, vent, cry with, commiserate and .........relax. Thank you my friends. :grouphug:

mummummum
April 4th, 2011, 08:18 AM
And this one, where everybody was on pins and needles hoping for a happy ending and Aslan came through:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48967&highlight=aslan

You know I missed that story about Aslan... thank you for re-posting it. I knew I liked that tough ol' broad for a reason...she has a heart of gold (and apparently errrrmmm sunshine at the other end :D)

Yet, another reminder of how we have "rescued" each other in so many small and LARGE ways.

mummummum
April 4th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Some members still share (both joys and sorrows), commiserate, mourn losses, celebrate victories large and small, embrace possibilities, rejoice in a found pet. I see it every day.

Well then you've come to the right thread Hazel ~ please feel free to share your memories!

angeldogs
April 4th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Thanks L4H..i searched and searched and couldn't find it.i quess doing something wrong.

When work causes me to be away for long periods i do miss this place and it's wonderful members and what they do.and i'm glad i got to meet a couple of the memebers here.

Luvmypitgirls
April 4th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Hmmm....well, I hafta say I still find this a happy place to be.
I enjoy the ''fellowship'' I have found here on Pets. Thru out my time here I have been offered support when I needed it, and hopefully gave it as freely to those who also needed it.
I have never felt discriminated against, being a ''Pitbull'' guardian, trust me I have met many dog owners on walks that ''discriminated'' against me and my dogs, but I certainly never found that here.
I think the only time I ever felt '' attacked'' here, was when another member felt it necessary to judge me on what works for me and my dogs when walking them in a pack. At first my dander was up for sure, afterall this person doesn't know me or my dogs, or the situations I face in our community when I'm out walking my dogs, the crap I have to contend with and blah blah blah, so in the end I shrugged it off because I felt until that member walked a mile in my shoes, their opinion and the way they presented it, wasn't worth getting my grannypanties in a bunch.:laughing:
I may not agree with everything everyone says, but I respect their right to say it. I try to avoid the unpleasantries that can occassionally occur, but moreso than not, I find this one of the best pet forums online!
I have repeatedly said how wonderful I think the ppl are here, and I still believe that.
I'm looking forward to creating more Pets.ca memories this year!
Hugz to one and all...and yes that includes the member that hurt my fweelings! :laughing: