Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

R.I.P. Cobain

wAggie
September 23rd, 2004, 10:24 PM
At around 2PM today, my best friend's high school best friend's dog died. he was 7 years old.

She just got home from school, she sat down at the kitchen table Cobain came up to her under her arm and gave her a kiss.........then she went down stairs for 5 min and came up when her dad was yelling frantically for her to help him...

They rushed to the vet clinic, where they tried to revive him.

They think it was heart failure, and should be doing an autopsy soon.

She had even tried giving the dog mouth to mouth... she's totally devastated, Cobain was her best friend.

She said she was crying so much she vomited........POOR girl :(

heeler's rock!
September 23rd, 2004, 10:36 PM
Oh my God!! That's so horrible wAggie! Please send my condolences to the family!! Poor girl..... :(

krdahmer
September 24th, 2004, 12:22 AM
OH that is terrible...I'll add that girl to my prayers as I already know that Cobain is in heaven. :o

Sneaky2006
September 24th, 2004, 01:11 AM
That is awful, Waggie! I feel so bad for her, give her a hug from us when ya see her.

iRONKNiGHT
September 24th, 2004, 04:51 AM
wow Sneaky took the words out of my mouth...
wAggie yes Please give her hugg's for us.... :(

Toonces
September 24th, 2004, 06:30 AM
I am so sorry for your friends loss, that is terrible. The same thing happened to my firends dog a few weeks ago, she was 14 and had a stroke and there was nothing they could do. I am sure that my frinds dog Sasha and Cobain are playing together now.

Does the name Cobain come from Kurt Cobain??

Mysts38
September 24th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Iam so sorry for the loss...its so very hard..Tell your friend that Cobain and Cujo will be best buddies..and give her our condolences

wAggie
September 24th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Thanks so much, everyone... I'm sure she'll greatly appreciate it.

I found out a bit more this morning... as close as Melinda had been to the dog, her father was closest to Cobain (yes, he was named after Kirk Cobain)

She's never heard her father yell like he did yesterday...

3 months ago, one of her cats passed away. the other had to be put down due to complications, as short term later. She had these 2 cats longer than Cobain.

Now she's left with Onyx, the dog. She had two dogs as well... And Onyx is now sensing something is wrong...

:( :( :(

debanneball
September 24th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Such a sad story, my deepest condolences.

chico2
September 25th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Oh no Aggie,poor girl and her father,they've had a horrible time 2 cats and now the dog :(
Poor Onyx is probably grieving too,I hope your friend and her father gives him lots of love and care,he too lost a friend,how awfully sad :(

glasslass
September 25th, 2004, 04:36 PM
When it rains, it pours! Sorry for their loss! It's so devastating when there's no warning and to a still young pet. My heart goes out to them! :o

nobdysangl8503
September 25th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Around 6:30 on thursday my room mate called me at work and asked

"How was Sha Sha when you left this morning"..

instantly i knew something was wrong..i told him

"she was fine..running jumping at my feet...why "

he had found her hiding in a corner ..her breathing was very labored and her ears were hot..( Sha Sha is a nine month old holland lop eared bunny)(my angel bunny)

I rushed home from work and we rushed her to her vet in grey... We had to leave her there for a few hours and when we went to pick her up her vet told us she had heat stroke...and that we should keep her cool for a while..she had given her an anti-inflammitory due to the fact that she had recieved a water treatment to rehydrate her..she had spiked a fever of 107..(101-102 is normal in a bunny)

we took her home that day and watched her....all night long..she just layed in her cage not doing much of anything...would only drink the water off my finger tips..she was to weak to get up to do anything...before i went to bed i walked over to her cage and offered her one of her favorite yogurt treats..i placed the treat between my teeth and said

"Sha Sha, give mamma kisses?"

she moved over to the edge of the cage and did...she gave me kisses like she has a million times before...

the next morning i woke up and checked on her..she seemed to be doing ok...

later on friday evening...around 8 i woke my room mate up(he works nights) and told him sha sha wasnt doing good and we rushed her to the emergency vet...they checked her over and said all her vitals were ok...that she was just tired..they gave me some meds to give her every 12 hours...i felt better knowing she was ok....or so i thougt...

Around 12:30 in the morning i got up to go check on my angel and her breathing was raspy...she was haveing a hard time breathing...i called my room mate at work and again told him...

"sha sha has to go back in"....

she hadnt moved all day and all night long..i sat down on the floor next to her cage and she pulled herself on top of her box and crawled out onto my lap...scooped her up into my arms and held her to my chest..she let me(she never liked to be held) she was dead weight in my arms...i rushed out the door...

while in the truck she was squirming in my arms...getting closer and close to my neck...by the time i got her into a room onto a table she was gasping for breath....they took her out back and before they could get her on oxygen....my angel was gone :(

My angel, my life, my baby....I cried so hard..i was sick... im lost without her...

When it was all done and said, they told me she had died of a sever attack of pasteaurella...its a resperatory infection in small animals...when they had told me i didnt understand because i have two others at home with it and they are on meds for it..they are just fine...

it just hurts so bad...there was nothing i could have done to stop it... One day she was running around jumping all over the place and lovin me up...the next...my baby was gone.....

Letting go is the hardest thing i have ever had to do..i still havent been able to....

wAggie
September 26th, 2004, 08:40 PM
I'm so so sorry for what has happened to you...

be strong, that's what u can do for ur other 2 bunnies... and take care of urself.. u still gotta go on... :(

*hugs*

nobdysangl8503
September 30th, 2004, 02:14 AM
thank you ....i am trying to take care of myself...i know my sha sha is watching over me now and somehow i know even tho i have lost her( and recently my great grandma and uncle) that everything is going to be ok ....She's my little angel bunny...