Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

RIP Dracko

Dracko
April 1st, 2011, 11:48 PM
Yesterday I had to put Dracko down. He was my shadow for 11 years and the best dog I could have asked for. His suffering was very short and I'm grateful to have been given the opportunity to not have it be prolonged.

Here's a picture of Dracko with his feline buddy, Smitty. Smitty has been walking around meowing. Obviously he wants to know where Dracko is. Wish it was a simple as telling him.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6766/dsc01384y.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/i/dsc01384y.jpg/)

Mommy loves you, Dracko. :rip:

Tundra_Queen
April 2nd, 2011, 12:05 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about dracko's passing. :grouphug:

I hope smitty will be able to get over his passing too. :(

:rip: Dracko

Shaykeija
April 2nd, 2011, 12:13 AM
I am so sorry to read about Dracko. It is always so hard when we have to let them go. But remember Dracko loved you and will be there to greet you at the bridge some day. :rip::angel2::dog:

mikischo
April 2nd, 2011, 12:21 AM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy. :grouphug:

:candle: Run free, sweet :angel2: Dracko :dog: :candle:

Love4himies
April 2nd, 2011, 04:54 AM
I am so sorry, :cry::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Yes, poor Smitty is missing his buddy :(, so heartbreaking.

:rip: Dracko :candle:

14+kitties
April 2nd, 2011, 05:45 AM
:candle::rip:Drako :candle: You will be very much missed. :grouphug:

BenMax
April 2nd, 2011, 06:13 AM
My sincere condolences.:(
RIP sweet Drako.:rip:. Run free and rejuvenated beautiful boy.:candle:

chico2
April 2nd, 2011, 07:48 AM
Dracko,I am so very sorry,letting our loved ones go is the hardest thing we have to do,but also the kindest,after they have given us years of devotion and love.
Dracko would want you to give Smitty,lots and lots of loving,he will be in mourning:cat:

:rip:Beautiful Dracko:candle:

krdahmer
April 2nd, 2011, 08:53 AM
Oh I am so sorry you lost Dracko:cry:...indeed a beautiful doggie.:candle: Give Smitty a hug from all of us here.:grouphug:

Masha
April 2nd, 2011, 09:06 AM
I am so sorry for your loss :cry: My heart goes out to you and you family...

:candle: Dracko

hazelrunpack
April 2nd, 2011, 09:21 AM
Oh, Dracko, I'm so sorry :( Your special boy has got a permanent spot in Mommy's heart, I know :2huggers:

Give Smitty a few extra lovin's from me, k?

:grouphug:

:candle: Dracko

angeldogs
April 2nd, 2011, 10:36 AM
Sorry for your loss and my condolences.

:rip:Dracko :candle:

Marty11
April 2nd, 2011, 07:16 PM
Sad to hear about your loss :( :candle:

mummummum
April 2nd, 2011, 07:25 PM
I am deeply sorry for your loss. "Your shadow" is a touching and all too true way to describe him ~ your "heart dog". Dracko was there whenever you needed him, and now you have been ~ privileged~ to be there for him, when he needed you most. :grouphug: :candle:

Winston
April 2nd, 2011, 07:56 PM
My condolences on your loss...be sure your boy is running free at the bridge!!

RIP Dracko
:rip::candle::dog:

Dracko
April 3rd, 2011, 12:29 AM
I appreciate all your kind words. I know, myself, that I find it hard to read the threads posted in this forum because they make me cry.

I am trying to give Smitty extra loving. Tonight when I got home he looked so lonely.

Not sure how many of you have encountered this when losing a pet, but I found I used Dracko names MANY times in usernames on the internet (as with this forum) as well as incorporated in to passwords. The passwords for our computers at my store for everyone includes Dracko's name (along with numbers). The day I lost him I went home and logged on to my internet banking for the store and, yup, included in the username I have saved the account under is "Dracko." Seems like everytime I turn around something reminds me of him or involves his name. :cry:

It's not all sad when I think of that, though. Lets me know how big of a part he played in my life. It's not like just cuz he's gone I have to remove everything about him. I washed out his water bowl and have filled it for the cats. They used to sneak drinks out of it all the time. At first I asked my nephew to put it out of my sight and then later I thought otherwise. Smitty has been sleeping on Dracko's bed so I've left that out, too.

He was so protective as most GSDs are. I barely worried if the door was locked to the house or not. Certainly that has changed now. I'll miss that sense of security he gave me. :pawprint:

mummummum
April 3rd, 2011, 12:58 AM
Not sure how many of you have encountered this when losing a pet, but I found I used Dracko names MANY times in usernames on the internet (as with this forum) as well as incorporated in to passwords. The passwords for our computers at my store for everyone includes Dracko's name (along with numbers). The day I lost him I went home and logged on to my internet banking for the store and, yup, included in the username I have saved the account under is "Dracko." Seems like everytime I turn around something reminds me of him or involves his name. :cry:

It's not all sad when I think of that, though. Lets me know how big of a part he played in my life. It's not like just cuz he's gone I have to remove everything about him. I washed out his water bowl and have filled it for the cats. They used to sneak drinks out of it all the time. At first I asked my nephew to put it out of my sight and then later I thought otherwise. Smitty has been sleeping on Dracko's bed so I've left that out, too.
:

I still use my old grrrl's name in passwords and online security questions that I established when she was alive and she's been gone fifteen years. And I've never changed passwords which incorporated Declan's either. It gave me "keyboard pause" for awhile and I would have to catch my breath and fight back the tears (still do sometimes) but they are tears of fond and loving memories now rather than those of loss and grief and my fingers tap a loving beat out there into cyberspace/ the ephemera.

There is no right way to heal Dracko, we do it each in our own way and in our own time.

cpietra16
April 3rd, 2011, 05:06 PM
Rest in Peace Dracko....run free and happy. My condolences to you and your family....:(

the gang
April 3rd, 2011, 07:02 PM
im so very sorry to hear your news :candle: i lost one in jan, and still can not talk about it, :rip: little man brenda and the pins - 1

Dee-O-Gee
April 3rd, 2011, 09:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your's and Smitty's loss. :candle:

Seems like everytime I turn around something reminds me of him or involves his name.

A lot of my secret questions now a days are, "what is the name of your first pet". If I need to type in the answer, I think back to the good times we had with our lovely girl. :angel:

Be strong for Smitty and take care of yourself Dracko. :grouphug:

Bina
April 3rd, 2011, 09:38 PM
We also left the dog's water bowl on the floor and cat Mitten continues to use it. It's a nice gesture.
My condolences on the loss of your handsome boy.

Dog Dancer
April 4th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Dracko was such a handsome soul. No doubt you will feel his loss for a long time to come, but happy memories will help you to heal your broken heart. :candle: sweet boy, wait at the bridge for your humans, play pain free now. You were so loved by your mom and all of us who shared her wonderful stories.

dmc123
April 4th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I am so sorry :( I know how hard it is....

Diane

BenMax
April 5th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Aslan wanted to pass on her condolences as she is unable to post.
She sends you lots of love and says to find peace knowing that he had the best that life could offer.
She passes on this as well: :grouphug:

RIP Drako. Run Free.:candle:

erykah1310
April 5th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I also would like to offer my condolences, I am sorry for your loss.
:grouphug:

luckypenny
April 5th, 2011, 01:13 PM
It's not all sad when I think of that, though. Lets me know how big of a part he played in my life.

And you in his :grouphug:.

RIP Dracko :candle:

rainbow
April 5th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I am so sorry and my deepest condolences to you for your loss. :grouphug:

:rip: Handsome Dracko :candle:

Cerena
April 5th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Sorry for your loss :grouphug: I know how hard this must be for you.

mastifflover
April 9th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I am so sorry. I also have never changed passwords or log Ins with Buds name it always makes me smile when I think of him and it soon will have that effect on you, after the sadness passes.

growler~GateKeeper
April 12th, 2011, 12:33 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss :( :grouphug:

:rip: sweet :angel2: Dracko :candle: He is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :2huggers:

marko
April 12th, 2011, 09:10 AM
I am so sorry to hear this sad news, please accept my deepest condolences.

:rip: sweet Dracko :candle:

sincerely
Marko

Dracko
April 12th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks everyone.

Sometimes it seems like it's just a dream that he is gone and I'll wake up and he'll be right there like usual.

rainbow
April 12th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Thanks everyone.

Sometimes it seems like it's just a dream that he is gone and I'll wake up and he'll be right there like usual.

Dracko will always be in your thoughts and dreams. :candle:

It is sad at first but with time it gets easier. :grouphug:

ancientgirl
April 14th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Dracko, I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug: