Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

When will his ears stand up?

April & Kenai
September 23rd, 2004, 10:01 PM
Hi all. I am new so I think I am doing this correctly. If I don't get a response I will no why, lol. I have a Siberian Husky/Samoyed puppy and right now his ears are still down. The left one looks like it wants to stand up but not quite there yet. He is 8 weeks old and I was wondering if anyone knew when they might stand up?

Sneaky2006
September 23rd, 2004, 10:42 PM
I don't know if there's an actual age that they stand up... I wouldn't think so, but my sister has a husky/shepherd mix (I think) and he's nearly a year old and one of his ears is still down.

GsdDiamond
September 24th, 2004, 10:14 AM
I think 8 weeks old is too young for any dog's ears to be standing! It's just a baby.... give it time.

Provide lots of chewing toys (make sure they're sturdy and can take the punishment) and allow the pup to chew it's toys whenever it wants. The more it chews, the more likely the ears will stand. Diamond's ears have been up since she was 12 1/2 weeks old. Then again, maybe your doggie won't want to chew. Some dogs don't like it, while some love it.

Just think of it this way: If you dog's ears don't stand, it'll look like a puppy forever!!!! How cute is that???? :D

downloader
September 24th, 2004, 09:22 PM
With out dog it was the other way around! We were waiting for her ears to go down

www.bluewhippet.net

glasslass
September 25th, 2004, 01:08 PM
I don't think anything is cuter than a dog with one ear up and the other down. They look so alert and inquisitive! :)

iRONKNiGHT
September 25th, 2004, 02:55 PM
May I have your attention please?
I repeat, will the Will the Real Siberian Husky/Samoyed puppy ear's Please stand up, Please stand up..

April & Kenai
September 27th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Hi all and thanks for the response. The reason why I was wondering is because I was on some websites that had pictures of Siberians and Samoyed puppies and all of their ears were standing up at like 3 weeks. His left ear is almost all the way up now. lol, and the right one is still down. He looks soooooo cute. I think we will be changing his name to Floppy, lol. Well anyway, thanks all. I'll post more about "Floppy" soon.