Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Praying for the pets

Cathy1
March 28th, 2011, 11:17 PM
An apartment building in my city exploded yesterday morning. The centre of the building which blew was where my mother lived until she died 3 1/2 years ago. I just want to send prayers for the pets that may have died or gone missing. I was told by neighbors that 2 dogs are safely with their owners but unsure of what happened to a cat that was seen running from the building on fire. :( There was a senior couple and their dog that lived below my mother and only the woman and the dog made it out and her husband is listed as missing. There were quite a few cats living in the building, I just hope they are safe.

hazelrunpack
March 28th, 2011, 11:20 PM
That's terrible Cathy! :grouphug: Prayers from this quarter, too! :pray:

Do they think it was a gas leak that caused the explosion? :(

Cathy1
March 28th, 2011, 11:30 PM
They are not sure. Someone said they installed new gas dryers last week and some residents had gas appliances but when my mother lived there it was all electric. The victims are already starting a class action suit against the owner

hazelrunpack
March 28th, 2011, 11:39 PM
I'm trying not to think about the poor cat that was seen running from the building! :yell: :cry: Not having much success... :(

erykah1310
March 29th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Wow, that is terrible.
Praying for the pets and the people as well

Shaykeija
March 29th, 2011, 01:55 AM
So sad...:(

krdahmer
March 29th, 2011, 05:15 AM
:(:pray::pray:

Goldfields
March 30th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Cathy1, thank heaven this didn't happen when your mother was alive, but what an appalling thing to happen now. That poor woman losing her husband and her home. :( Hope that all the traumatised pets recover.

Cathy1
March 30th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Pets On Board just offered to help the victims with pet food and other things.:thumbs up