Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Funniest Things Your Kitties Do!

pattymac
March 28th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I was just remembering a cat we had years ago. She was a black & white alley cat that we took in. She was totally kooky! The house we had had a long hallway made of textured plaster. Her favourite thing to do after coming in through the front door was to run at full speed and leap half way up the wall!! She would manage to kind of run a couple of steps along the wall before ending up on the floor!! People visiting would comment on the paw prints on the wall! :laughing: She would also use the door knocker on the front door when she wanted in and if we didn't let her in fast enough, then she'd go and stick her paw through the mail slot and rattle that. We had company over one time when she decided it was time to come in and our guest was concerned that someone was knocking at the door and my Mom wasn't rushing to get it. She had her own knocking style, so my Mom showed her that it was the cat and not a person..

She was also a past master at opening the back door. It had one of those latches that you push the top and it raises the lever thing. She'd get on the railing push on the button and swing in on the door! She never did learn how to close the door though, not pleasant in the winter.

I remember after she had her spay (my parent's obviously knew back then in the 60's that this was important!) her sitting on the couch with her back against the couch staring at her shaved tummy. Kind of like she couldn't believe what she was seeing. Pretty funny, I think it took her awhile to forgive everybody for the indignity!

I don't think any of my more recent cats have had so much personality. I think Noella may come close as she gets older.

Koteburo
March 28th, 2011, 06:56 PM
She sounds like so much fun. Haha the shaved belly :laughing: Those are good memories :lovestruck:

Well of the cats I know currently Yoshimi is the most peculiar. She meows extremely loud, she is deaf and one of the most intelligent cats I've ever met.
She has already warned about a fire and a poisonous bug at my parents place. She keeps meowing and hinting people to follow her (yeah, like a movie dog) until they discovered the fire starting and the bug on another time.
She also likes to run in a hall that has a long, narrow rectangular rug, she charges and then slides on the floor using the carpet as her super fun vehicle.
She scolds people as well, hides behind my parents TV so she can sleep with them at night and also brings all kind inanimate objects to my dad, such as rocks, pieces of cord, rusty bolts, bottle lids, etc and he keeps them all in a big jar :cloud9: She's easily annoyed which makes her even cuter and also very loving. She LOVES going out but she sulks all the time because her time outside is limited until 5:00 PM at the most. She feels kind of like a person and a demanding one! XD

pattymac
March 28th, 2011, 07:04 PM
She sounds like an awesome kitty! Noella likes sliding on things too, folded up boxes are her sliding toys.

Is she a Siamese? They tend to be pretty smart and demanding!

Koteburo
March 28th, 2011, 07:19 PM
No, she's a white cat with a blue eye and a green eye :lovestruck: (she's in that percentage of white blue eyed cats that are deaf) but doesn't affect her at all!

Koteburo
March 28th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Double post :o Here she is right outside my brother's bedroom window on the terrace roof. She loves to nap there, there's a tree too but not visible in this pic
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/4276/yoshimiterrace.jpg
And yes, she has siamese traits in her personality :laughing:

So Noella likes to slide too huh? Doesn't that make you laugh a lot. I love watching them do that

pattymac
March 28th, 2011, 07:41 PM
She's gorgeous! her blue eye is really blue.

Noella turns just about anything into a toy! Yesterday, she discovered egg cartons are good for sliding on. Dogs are pretty good toys too!

Koteburo
March 29th, 2011, 04:04 AM
She's gorgeous! her blue eye is really blue.

Noella turns just about anything into a toy! Yesterday, she discovered egg cartons are good for sliding on. Dogs are pretty good toys too!

OMG that's so funny. Have you tried taking video of her? I know, you can never tell when will they do something cute like that :laughing:
Dogs!! :laughing:
Noella does sound like she'll have a lot of personality like the kitty you were telling us about. What was her name?

Melinda
March 29th, 2011, 08:04 AM
when I was a kid (many many moons ago) one of our first siamese (sam) would sit on the rump of my shetland pony with my bantam rooster (chickaboom) and as long as I didn't go too fast, both would take a tour of the yard with me. Sam was so vocal!! he'd curl up in the straw with chickaboom and in the morning when chickaboom would crow, you'd hear Sam "talking" away, quite loudly *L*

Floppy Dog
March 29th, 2011, 05:45 PM
My first 2 cats, Silk (RIP 2004) and Sparkey (RIP 2002) would climb up my pant legs while I was washing dishes (I always wore jeans) until they got too heavy to hold themselves up by their claws. Silk would sleep curled up around my Christmas Cactus, which spelled the end for my Christmas Cactus, unfortunately! Sparkey taught herself to climb up the outside wall of our house (1950's era broken glass & gravel style stucco) after she saw the squirels do it. Silk would sleep curled up around my head at night and Sparkey would crawl under the covers and sleep at my feet.

Crush, our current cat, goes ... Camping! We keep him on a harness and leash until the tent is set up and our sleeping bags are out, then we can let him roam. He's always in the tent at night, usually in the sleeping bag at our feet or warming my G-man's buns!

erykah1310
March 29th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Orange cat has this weird quirk of herding the dogs here. I think it developed when he took it upon himself to be Baileys ears (RIP B Bop :( ) Since B was deaf and losing his sight at the end Orange cat would walk tight to him and to turn B he would lean into him and B would turn away from the pressure. It was so sweet to watch.

Orange cat still does this to the dogs here (or tries to) he's a real little helper cat

Mr. Floyd is very odd, everything he does is pretty weird. He's very dog like

Miss Mia, her quirk I guess is hiding in the rafters in the basement until it is dark enough to be "safe" she will only come upstairs when everyone is asleep at which time she jumps on the bed, nuzzles under our hands for a good half hour of affection and then returns back to her basement to lurk

Bina
March 30th, 2011, 03:34 PM
During winter Miss Mitten the cat used to follow my Labrador (RIP) out into the dog pen to supervise.
When doggie would go pee Mitten would run over and scrape up the snow to cover the pee spot. At first we thought it was a fluke, but Mitten continued to do it all winter long. And of course she would immediately glare at the dog as if to say, "what are you stupid? cover your pee!!"

chico2
March 30th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Koteburo,what a sweet little girl,she could be Vinnies sister,I was told odd-eyed white cats are sometimes deaf,but Vinnie is not.

Mirela
March 30th, 2011, 06:33 PM
During winter Miss Mitten the cat used to follow my Labrador (RIP) out into the dog pen to supervise.
When doggie would go pee Mitten would run over and scrape up the snow to cover the pee spot. At first we thought it was a fluke, but Mitten continued to do it all winter long. And of course she would immediately glare at the dog as if to say, "what are you stupid? cover your pee!!"

My, my, my, poor kitty having to do everything in the house...- them dogs have no manners. No manners, I say!
:laughing:

Goldfields
March 30th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Bina, that is so funny. What a helpful and fastidious little soul your Miss Mitten was . LOL. I am wondering if our Persian is quirky or kinky, Pheobe has taken to waylaying my big male cattle dog as he comes up the passage, and Ian said he saw Perkins licking her this morning. Ain't love grand? LOL. I don't want my dog getting her furball though. :)

hazelrunpack
March 31st, 2011, 01:28 PM
:laughing: Such cute stories! What a bunch of characters you guys have had the honor of knowing!

Orange cat sounds so sweet, erykah!

Bina
March 31st, 2011, 02:56 PM
Bina, that is so funny. What a helpful and fastidious little soul your Miss Mitten was . LOL. I am wondering if our Persian is quirky or kinky, Pheobe has taken to waylaying my big male cattle dog as he comes up the passage, and Ian said he saw Perkins licking her this morning. Ain't love grand? LOL. I don't want my dog getting her furball though. :)

My Mitten would also hide around snow banks with hopes of assaulting my ancient and patient Labrador. It was hysterical to see Mitten hanging on the Lab's neck while the Lab just sighed and waited for release.:laughing:

chico2
March 31st, 2011, 04:11 PM
I can't even think of anything at the moment,but not a day goes by that they don't do something that makes me laugh.
Cats are highly underrated,given enough love and attention,they'll show you how intelligent they are,not all that much different from a dog:cat:

Goldfields
March 31st, 2011, 08:25 PM
Mitten was lucky she had such a patient companion, Bina. Must have startled the Lab the first time she did it I guess. :)

Bina
March 31st, 2011, 10:03 PM
Mitten was lucky she had such a patient companion, Bina. Must have startled the Lab the first time she did it I guess. :)

I thought that cleo, the Lab, would react a bit, but nope, nothing. And she wasn't even raised with a cat. Mitten just showed up here one day and we integrated her over a few weeks.
That dog was totally bomb-proof and so sweet. One of a kind.:angel:

Bina
March 31st, 2011, 10:06 PM
I can't even think of anything at the moment,but not a day goes by that they don't do something that makes me laugh.
Cats are highly underrated,given enough love and attention,they'll show you how intelligent they are,not all that much different from a dog:cat:

I agree totally. Mitten spends her days planning and plotting her adventures.
She manipulates, speaks dozens of kitty cat words, and plays like a dog.