Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

what a dog park is...and isnt

hedgiemama
March 28th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I was on another forum and came across this article, I thought i would share it here too.

http://spokaneparks.org/Parks/page/953/

BenMax
March 28th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Sounds like an intelligent forum. Good information passed on.

cell
March 28th, 2011, 06:00 PM
good article. It just sucks most of the dog parks in Montreal fall into "what a dog park isn't" and are so small that playing fetch with a large high energy dog is nearly impossible. Hence why most people just go into a ball field nearby to play, which of course is breaking the law...

hedgiemama
March 28th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I really dont like when people go to a dog park to play ball with just their dog and they get mad when another joins in and gets the ball, i mean you are in a field full of dogs brought out to play...

pattymac
March 28th, 2011, 06:24 PM
That's a good article. We don't really go to dog parks anymore, too far and I have acres and acres of prairie. When we used to go, I'd leave if it started to get too busy. Bayley only had one or two dog friends anyway. She wasn't overly interested in playing with just anybody.

Some people shouldn't go to dog parks...their dogs are fine but they obviously are way too uptight and really don't know what to expect. Hehehe one day I had Bayley at the one park and someone else had brought their very nice freshly washed and brushed Samoyed!! This was a very large field with a very large muddy puddle and Bayley and this dog were playing catch me. Oh boy and Bayley just loves her puddles!! Good thing this dog wasn't too keen on the water or he would've been a brown Samoyed. His person was just freaking out that he'd go in the puddle. If you don't want him to get mucky don't take him to a dog park in the spring just after the snow has melted!