Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing Sasha

ancientgirl
March 26th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Well, she's finally here. I brought her home a couple of hours ago. I've got her in the upstairs bathroom. She has a crate, with a little stuffed toy in it, some water, and weewee pads. I didn't put any food for her because she had eaten a little before I picked her up, and since I'm taking her to the vet later, I want to talk to the vet about getting her spayed. My vet clinic charges around $380, and one of the girls at the front desk told me to talk to the vet to see if he might be able to spay her for less. If it works out, and he does agree to charge me less, I might leave her there with him tonight. We'll have to see about that.

Vlad has been upstairs in front of the door since I got her home, and as soon as I put her in the bathroom, she pooped. :laughing: Kiska is upstairs too. Maks, Oksana and Czari are downstairs with me.

This morning when I went to Petsmart to get her a little collar the girl decided she wanted to give me some unrequested advice. She told me to keep her in the crate and bring her to where the cats are and when it came to feeding time feed the cats on top of her crate. WTF? I'm sorry, but I've got 5 cats, one of which has anxiety issues and I'm going to bring a dog I just got today, out in the open and feed them on top of where this dog is? I'm not going to do it. I don't know squat about dog and cat relationships, but I know enough to keep them separated for a little bit at least until they get used to each others scents!

Anyway, here are some photos of her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Sasha/th_001.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Sasha/?action=view&current=001.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Sasha/th_053.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Sasha/?action=view&current=053.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Sasha/th_055.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Sasha/?action=view&current=055.jpg)

Not great photos, but I'll be posting more. This is her first day and I don't want to overwhelm her with so much stuff.

angeldogs
March 26th, 2011, 02:13 PM
She is super cute.That will alright if the vet will spay her for less.are you going to get her chipped also.i know here it is cheaper the have them chipped when the are spayed/nutured at the sametime.

ancientgirl
March 26th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks. She's a sweetie. She's upstairs now, whining a little. I don't want to go up there too much, as I'm trying to keep the cats calm and I don't want them to think a lot is going to change. I went upstairs earlier and spent some time with her.

mummummum
March 26th, 2011, 02:18 PM
She is absolutely GORGEOUS ! And she's cat-sized too!

angeldogs
March 26th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Is she used to spending alot of time in her through out the day.

ancientgirl
March 26th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Is she used to spending alot of time in her through out the day.

She's used to being around another dog. I'm torn between bringing the crate downstairs, which someone told me to do, and allowing them all to be in the same room, and keeping them separated for a few days. My biggest concern is making sure Oksana, who is the one with the anxiety issues, isn't too bothered by the new pup.

She is absolutely GORGEOUS ! And she's cat-sized too!

Yes, she's quite small.

Etown_Chick
March 26th, 2011, 03:03 PM
ancientgirl,
she is just the cutest! I have no advice, but I am sure she will be a wonderful addition to your home

shirley1011
March 26th, 2011, 03:03 PM
She is beautiful...such a little sweetie but not sure about your rules...I think the cat's might just have to back off!

ancientgirl
March 26th, 2011, 03:07 PM
She is beautiful...such a little sweetie but not sure about your rules...I think the cat's might just have to back off!

Well, the thing is, they were here first. And I have to make sure they are comfortable with her being here. I can't just push her on them so quickly or they will get jealous and think she's ruining their home. I've already given them some treats upstairs outside her door, so I have to do things to make them see they get good things around the new addition.

14+kitties
March 26th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I am so glad you managed to get her away from that woman mf. :grouphug: She is a little cutie pie!!
I am going to give you lots of reading to do about introductions. These are all tried and true methods. It will be up to you what you decide to try. Things may be a little different because the little one hasn't been around cats but she has been around other small dogs. She hasn't been allowed outside much either, has she?

http://cats.about.com/cs/catmanagement101/a/introducedog.htm

http://dogtime.com/introducing-dog-and-cat.html

http://www.dogchatforum.com/introducing_dogs_to_cats.htm

Hopefully some of this info will help. Slow and steady wins the race. I'm sure after a while everyone will be living in harmony. If not - Manuel said he would take the dog, right? :fingerscr

Dee-O-Gee
March 26th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Sasha is adorable! :cloud9:

Sounds like your on the right track with the kitt-ay introductions and hope all will work out fine. :thumbs up :highfive:

hazelrunpack
March 26th, 2011, 06:13 PM
She is just adorable! I hope all goes smoothly with the introductions! You never know--maybe she and Oksana will decide to band together and become best friends. :D

Love4himies
March 26th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Finally :thumbs up. What a cutie pie she is :cloud9:. I hope your vet gives you a break on spaying :pray:

She is just adorable! I hope all goes smoothly with the introductions! You never know--maybe she and Oksana will decide to band together and become best friends. :D

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

BenMax
March 26th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Wonderful news AncientGirl. Congrats!!!
She is absolutely gorgeous.:cloud9:

krdahmer
March 26th, 2011, 07:02 PM
What? Huh? Is that the little puppers you were trying to get from evil step mommy?

No matter....I am extatic for you!!!:thumbs up she's adorable:lovestruck: and I can't wait to see how the cats react (i trust you will have a camera attached to your face for the intros!;))

ancientgirl
March 26th, 2011, 08:24 PM
14+, thanks for those links. I'll sit down tomorrow and look through them. As far as I know she had been outside now and then, but she's never been around cats. And yes, Miguel said he absolutely wants to take her if things don't work out here, and I know he would take wonderful care of her.

Kr, yeah this is the same girl I was trying to get before.

Right now, I'm hoping for indifference at best from the gang. So far, Vlad has been spending the most time upstairs, checking out what's behind the door. He's hissing a lot of course. Earlier, I was taking a shower, so I put Sasha in the crate and left the door open. Kiska came in and sniffed around her, and Vlad actually got pretty close and almost touched his nose with her.

Czari has stayed downstairs, and Maks will go and approach the door but not get too close. Oksana has also spent most of the day down here as well.

It's going to be an interesting several weeks.

As for her health, I took her to the vet and she had her wellness exam, her rabies and distemper/parvo vaccine. Her fecal was negative, so she's got no parasites, and I should have results of her bloodwork either Tuesday or Wednesday. She was a very good patient and the vet was amazed how easy she was to examine. I also gave her some flea medication and a heartworm pill. She's VERY easy to pill. Oh, and the vet couldn't give me any breaks on the spay unfortunately. So, I hope to get her spayed at some point on April at the local Humane Society.

Tomorrow is another day and hopefully little by little we'll get there.

14+kitties
March 26th, 2011, 08:33 PM
14+, thanks for those links. I'll sit down tomorrow and look through them. As far as I know she had been outside now and then, but she's never been around cats. And yes, Miguel said he absolutely wants to take her if things don't work out here, and I know he would take wonderful care of her.

Ooops, sorry, Miguel. :o I called him Manuel. :eek:
With my old girls they have just gotten used to all the kitties that roam through and around them. Normally the cats give a few hisses at them and once they realize the dogs aren't going anywhere either ignore them, suck up to them, or give them a wide berth. I think it's hilarious.
Can't wait to hear what the kitties do the first time Sasha barks!! :laughing:

angeldogs
March 26th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Hopefully it will all work out well with the gang and the new pup.you know your kitty gang the best and will know when it's time to let the liitle roam free.

ancientgirl
March 26th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Ooops, sorry, Miguel. :o I called him Manuel. :eek:
With my old girls they have just gotten used to all the kitties that roam through and around them. Normally the cats give a few hisses at them and once they realize the dogs aren't going anywhere either ignore them, suck up to them, or give them a wide berth. I think it's hilarious.
Can't wait to hear what the kitties do the first time Sasha barks!! :laughing:

Yeah, Vlad has been hissing the most. Sasha has been barking now and then and they sort of look around and just go about their way.

Oh, my dad told me to put some newspaper down and she'd go on the paper. Yeah, she went right in front of me, on the new rug I put in the bathroom. Oy! :rolleyes:

Love4himies
March 26th, 2011, 09:38 PM
A puppy dog is new to your gang, they'll come around if the intros are done correctly :cat::cat::cat::cat::cat: :dog: :D and if Sasha allows the kitties to rule the house :laughing:

Winston
March 27th, 2011, 10:22 AM
AG I am sooo happy for you...

How is your little princess doing this morning? I hope eveyone had a good night?

AG please give yourself and the kitties time to adjust. dont give up because sometimes it takes a little more time but it usually works. I have a good feeling that your gang is going to like her just fine.....after all she is their size! :thumbs up

Cindy

Melinda
March 27th, 2011, 11:08 AM
oh she is so sweet, I think the reason the shop girl told you that was so that the cats would smell the dog and get rewarded (their meal) at the same time them associate the dog smell with good stuff....my grams use to put the new dog in a playpen in the same room as the siamese so they could investigate while lounging around. 15 siamese with a new pom *L*....some would climb right up on the pen ( in those days it was wooden playpens), could luck, I hope it all works out.

hazelrunpack
March 27th, 2011, 11:21 AM
How is Day 2 going, AG? :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
March 27th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Hi guys. So far so good. I decided to see how well they all did in the room together, so I wanted to see if I could put Sasha downstairs. I've got her down here in her crate. So far, the gang seem find. Vlad has been the only one to get close enough to her to touch noses. Kiska and even Oksana have both approached as well. Czari had been up on the kitchen cabinets most of the morning, but she came down after I called her and walked really slow near the cage. She's the only one who's likely ever even seen a dog. Most of the dogs around here though are bigger than Sasha, even the small ones! She's super tiny, and at 6 pounds not much taller than Kiska.

The biggest surprise was this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/MaksinvestigatingSasha.jpg

Yep, that's Maks. The same kitty who runs upstairs and hides any time any living breathing thing comes into my apartment. Although, I have to wonder if he wasn't just trying to get at the little treats I'd put in the carrier for her.

hazelrunpack
March 27th, 2011, 11:42 AM
omd, she looks dwarfed by him! Is she really that tiny or is it just the camera angle? :D

Yay for Maks! Gonna make her feel at home! :goodvibes: (even if he does turn out to be in it for the treats :laughing:)

angeldogs
March 27th, 2011, 01:44 PM
How is Sasha doing with the cats being around.Sounds like everything is going good.Maks does look much bigger then her.

chico2
March 27th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Aw A-G,I am happy for Sasha,it's just going to be a time of adjusting for all of you.
Sasha is outnumbered 5-1.
I remember when Rocky attacked Bailey,Bailey was not hurt(I was) and Rocky was probably not like any of your kitties.
Sasha being so small,smaller than the kitties might make a difference,I hope so:pray::fingerscrbecause I know you want to keep her.
She is a little sweetheart for sure:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
March 27th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Hazel, Angeldogs, yes she is that small. Maks is weighing in these days at around 12-15lbs, and she's 6lbs. She's quite small, I'd say around the size of a 6-9month old cat.

Chico, so far the gang are cautious around her. Vlad is the only one that's gotten close enough to her to actually touch noses. When she's downstairs, I've been keeping her in the crate, and she seems fine with it. I figure, they can get used to her and she can get used to them, although as far as I see, she's not having any issues being around them.

I took her out earlier for a short walk. She's small, so I don't think anything longer than a 15 minute walk is necessary. My dad had told me she pees fine on newspaper, but so far she's peed on everything but. On the walk she did stop and peed a good bit, so I'm thinking that should be good for tonight. I'll take her tomorrow in the morning, so hopefully that's all she will need. I can't imagine such a tiny bladder would hold so much. :laughing:

TeriM
March 28th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Congrats AG, I am so happy for you and your new addition :thumbs up.

I hope it all works out for you and if not it is still wonderful that Sasha gets a loving home :lovestruck:.

ancientgirl
March 28th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks Teri!

So far so good. Last night I took her out for a bit before we all went to bed, and she didn't pee. Of course, when I put her upstairs in the bathroom, she peed on the floor. :rolleyes:

This morning though, she did pee on the pads, so THAT was progress! lol. She ate a little bit of food, which is good because she's hardly eaten since Saturday. But I'm thinking she ate because A. she's hungry and B. she is starting to feel more comfortable.

I left her downstairs in her crate. The gang are all pretty cautions around her, but when she's in the crate they come close to her and sniff and look at her and then slowly walk away. Vlad is actually the only one who's gotten very close to her. I had her walking around the bedroom and she stood next to him and he looked down at her and they did the nose touchy thing. You should see her next to him. :eek: Even with him sitting and her standing he still towers over her.

Little by little and we'll get there. I don't let her run around in the evening, because she's not totally house trained. I need to start getting to where I come home, and feed the cats, then immediately take her outside. Hopefully after a few days she'll realize that's where she's got to pee.

Melinda
March 28th, 2011, 09:02 AM
well it sounds to me like things are going along smoothly, it all takes time and patience, but at least she's safe with you and the gang.

ancientgirl
March 28th, 2011, 09:14 AM
well it sounds to me like things are going along smoothly, it all takes time and patience, but at least she's safe with you and the gang.

Yeah, I figured it would be a slow go. I felt bad this morning, leaving her in the crate, seeing as she slept in the upstairs bathroom in the crate. I thought, geez, I took her from being in some laundry room, to being stuck in some crate. But, I thought at least now she's got someone to talk to her, hold her and kiss her, take her for short walks in the evening, and she's got all these new potential friends to be around. And eventually, once I can get her better house trained, I can allow her to walk around the apartment more in the evenings. Plus, I have been taking her with me to pet friendly places, so maybe it's not so bad.

Melinda
March 28th, 2011, 09:28 AM
in a laundry room there is nothing to see, to watch, dogs love watching movement, she can now watch the cats, interact with them even if not loose in the same room, beleive me, she's probably enjoying her life 100% more these last couple of days!!

ancientgirl
March 28th, 2011, 09:54 AM
in a laundry room there is nothing to see, to watch, dogs love watching movement, she can now watch the cats, interact with them even if not loose in the same room, beleive me, she's probably enjoying her life 100% more these last couple of days!!

You think so? Thank you for saying that. I've just been feeling, I don't know what, guilt I guess. You should have seen her yesterday. I took her to Petco and Pet Supermarket, and everyone was making such a fuss over her. I even got her a cute small pink bed, that fits in her crate, and a little toy. On the way home she just slept on her little bed with her toy, and every once in a while she'd lift her head and just stare at me. She's so starved for attention, all she wants is just to be in the mix of things.

Melinda
March 28th, 2011, 10:13 AM
awww that is so sweet, well rest assured, she is in the thick of things, think of how amused she's going to be today watching the gang go about their business, and of course they will stop by the crate to investigate....

ancientgirl
March 28th, 2011, 10:27 AM
awww that is so sweet, well rest assured, she is in the thick of things, think of how amused she's going to be today watching the gang go about their business, and of course they will stop by the crate to investigate....

Oh well she will for sure have some interesting theater today.

ancientgirl
March 28th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Wow, Sasha is so much tinier than your kitties. :laughing:. Like having a pocket pup :lovestruck:

She's slightly smaller than Kiska. Kiska is longer and a little taller, even though she looks thinner.

hazelrunpack
March 28th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I think your arrangement will give the kitties a chance to get to know her without feeling threatened by her, and give Sasha a chance to adjust to the kittie without getting overwhelmed! And absolutely, she's going to love having kitties to watch. :D

ancientgirl
March 28th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I think your arrangement will give the kitties a chance to get to know her without feeling threatened by her, and give Sasha a chance to adjust to the kittie without getting overwhelmed! And absolutely, she's going to love having kitties to watch. :D

That's kind of what I figured. I don't foresee the gang trying to rush the crate or anything. Man, I was just thinking, wait until she sees Vlad trying to chase after Oksana and Oksana hissing and spitting at him. She'll be thinking, "What did this crazy woman get me into?"

hazelrunpack
March 28th, 2011, 12:47 PM
:laughing: Or she'll be thinking, "I wish I had some popcorn!" :laugh:

ancientgirl
March 28th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Or, "Boy, I'm glad I'm in here and not out there!":D

Melinda
March 28th, 2011, 01:10 PM
then again she could be sticking her tongue out saying "na na na boo boo" you can't get me!!!:dog:

diandpat
March 28th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Congratulations AG...she is absolutely precious :lovestruck: She is just so tiny...OMG how adorable.

Just take your time with the intros...no need to rush. I am sure they will all be just fine. If there were going to be any problems I think they would have manifested by now. As long as no one is pawing at the cage (feline or canine) then they are just getting used to each other's space.

Good luck and many more pics please :p

ancientgirl
March 28th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Congratulations AG...she is absolutely precious :lovestruck: She is just so tiny...OMG how adorable.

Just take your time with the intros...no need to rush. I am sure they will all be just fine. If there were going to be any problems I think they would have manifested by now. As long as no one is pawing at the cage (feline or canine) then they are just getting used to each other's space.

Good luck and many more pics please :p

LOL, well there was pawing at the cage, but that was Vlad and Maks trying to get at the little treats, and food I had in there yesterday. :laughing::laughing:

Winston
March 28th, 2011, 07:43 PM
AG how is little Sasha tonight? I hope things are good. My sister had a little yorkie and she was a little hard to train at first but once she caught on she was a okay!! Gotta remember she has a teeny bladder and probably cant hold it as long as we would like...she likely wont mess in her crate unless she has lots of room to move around and do it in one spot and lay in another..

I would try tethering her to you for tonight so that she has a chance to move around and be supervised with you and the kitties...I think you'll be surprised at how things will turn out. She will become the little princess I am positive! :thumbs up

Do you move her crate around? say at bedtime? you could try moving her upstairs to the bedroom and see how things go with that too!

Oh most importantly.........remember to take a breath! :D

ancientgirl
March 28th, 2011, 07:55 PM
She's doing fine. I just took her out for a short walk, and she peed a little. I'll take her out again in about an hour, right before I lock up and go upstairs with them. Her crate isn't too huge. She's got room to have a little bed, and then a little room to walk, and she has plenty of standing space. When I got home today, she'd peed a little on the bed I left for her this morning. Not surprising, since when my dad's wife had her, I'd see many times pee stains on her bed, so she's likely used to soiling her surroundings.

I'm taking her out to pee as much as possible and praising her when she does. She hasn't pooped since Saturday though, but I'm guessing it's because she hasn't eaten all that much. I'm going to have to get a small bag of Pedigree, which is what she was eating and see if she'll eat a little of that with the food I got her.

She did eat a little in the morning though. I don't leave water in her crate during the day while I'm gone. I figured if i did, she'd drink and wind up peeing all over the crate.

I've got a small crate/carrier upstairs in the bathroom so she sleeps in there overnight. I leave the door open though, so she doesn't feel so alone. I'm hoping that between this week and then this weekend, I can get her trained a little better as far as the peeing. Once I'm more confident she won't just pee anywhere, I'll feel a little more comfortable letting her roam more freely.

dustybird
March 28th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Congrats, I am so happy for you and sweet little Sasha, she's so lucky to have you.

Shaykeija
March 29th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Aww she is just too cute.....You can send her to me.....LOL I will just tell G that it is a mouse..that just happens to look Yorkie....

Tundra_Queen
March 29th, 2011, 06:26 PM
She's used to being around another dog. I'm torn between bringing the crate downstairs, which someone told me to do, and allowing them all to be in the same room, and keeping them separated for a few days. My biggest concern is making sure Oksana, who is the one with the anxiety issues, isn't too bothered by the new pup.

Yes, she's quite small.

I was wondering if u put a towel over one end of the cage that would give her a little shelter from the cats being able to look at her from all directions? Might make her feel more secure?

She sure is a cutie pie!

LOL @ shay

ancientgirl
March 30th, 2011, 08:50 AM
I was wondering if u put a towel over one end of the cage that would give her a little shelter from the cats being able to look at her from all directions? Might make her feel more secure?

She sure is a cutie pie!

LOL @ shay

I actually leave the crate downstairs uncovered. The cats up to now really haven't made any attempt to swat at her or do anything mean. The most they do is approach the crate, lean forward and sniff. Yesterday Sasha was in there napping, and when Maks got close and leaned his head forward, she lifted her head and moved it towards him. They almost touched noses. I think really they are mostly curious and don't see her as a threat.

hazelrunpack
March 31st, 2011, 12:15 PM
Yay!!! That sounds very promising!!!!

Still going so smoothly? :fingerscr How is the housetraining going? :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
March 31st, 2011, 12:46 PM
Yay!!! That sounds very promising!!!!

Still going so smoothly? :fingerscr How is the housetraining going? :goodvibes:

Well, last night she didn't pee once outside, but did pee in the bathroom and pooped too. Right before I went to bed, I was watching some TV, and I thought, that since she's been sleeping all night without peeing in her bed, I could try letting her sleep in the little bed that's next to the large dresser in my room.

The little bed is in a cabinet that I used to have the cat litter in, but it didn't work out because it was too small for the litter pans I use. So I just used it to house a bed in the upstairs bedroom. So, in the mornings, I've been letting her lay in there and she loves it. So, I let her out of the crate, and put her on the little bed and said stay. She only got up a couple of times, but spent the entire night in her little bed. No issues at all.

This morning, she peed again in the bathroom. But, when I took her out before I left, she gave me one pee outside! I made it a point to really really praise her and I could tell she had a little extra spring in her step and she was very pleased with herself. So, even though it's slow going, I am noticing there are little accomplishments here and there. I'm hoping tonight she pees outside for me at least once!

Oh and btw, I decided to change her name back to what I had originally planned to call her, Sofie.

After having her for a few days, Sasha just doesn't seem right for her. Sofie seems right, and she seems to like it. Yesterday when I was in the kitchen and called Oksana to come for her medicine, I decided to see if Sofie would acknowledge her name. So I called her and her little ears perked up and she turned to look at me. :)

hazelrunpack
March 31st, 2011, 01:44 PM
Man, she sounds like such a sweetie, AG!!! :lovestruck: I can just picture her cuddled in her little cubbyhole.

That potty thing can be a hard thing to learn, but it does sound like she's catching on quickly! She should be very pleased with herself! :thumbs up Good girl, Sofie!!!!!

How does Oksana seem to be adjusting? No problems, I hope? :fingerscr

ancientgirl
March 31st, 2011, 02:00 PM
Man, she sounds like such a sweetie, AG!!! :lovestruck: I can just picture her cuddled in her little cubbyhole.

That potty thing can be a hard thing to learn, but it does sound like she's catching on quickly! She should be very pleased with herself! :thumbs up Good girl, Sofie!!!!!

How does Oksana seem to be adjusting? No problems, I hope? :fingerscr

She really is a little doll. I'm trying not to have huge expectations. This is after all her first week with me, and she's really never had any sort of boundaries regarding where to go and not to go, so I have to be patient. She's a smart little cookie, so I am optimistic she will learn eventually.

Oksana so far seems good. She, like the others has been curious and will approach Sofie's crate to get a sniff, but then walks away. Yesterday I had Sofie on my lap and Oksana did come up on the couch to have me pet her so that was also encouraging. I don't want Oksana to have any fear of Sofie, that would give way to anxiety. But so far it all looks good. :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
March 31st, 2011, 02:04 PM
Oh, wow! So relaxed with her already! That's wonderful, AG!!! See? Maybe they will end up as best buds! :D

ancientgirl
March 31st, 2011, 02:20 PM
Oh, wow! So relaxed with her already! That's wonderful, AG!!! See? Maybe they will end up as best buds! :D

I do hope that eventually Sofie does have at least one kitty she can be friends with. Oksana is just such a solitary cat, I'd love to see her and Sofie become friends.

chico2
March 31st, 2011, 05:18 PM
A-G,I truly believe,your love and compassion will pay off in the end and you'll have a happy little 4-legged family.

It seems to me,from what you say,that none of the cats are acting aggressive and that's great,I know my cats,at least Rocky would have attacked the little pup.

ancientgirl
March 31st, 2011, 05:39 PM
Chico, I'd like to think they can sense this little sweetie needed a home and some love. Maybe that's why they're being easy on her. :)

angeldogs
April 1st, 2011, 02:43 AM
If Sophie is not a bouncy pup and with her size sshe wouldn't be a threat to them i would think.i could see things being different if she was much bigger and climbing the walls.

joeysmama
April 1st, 2011, 09:11 PM
Oh I remember back when you weren't sure they were going to give her to you. I'm SOO glad that she's finally someplace safe where she'll be loved and cared for!! This is a GOOD THREAD !!

rainbow
April 1st, 2011, 11:48 PM
WOOOOO HOOOO, you finally got your step-mom to hand her over :highfive: .....and, what a cute little girl she is. :lovestruck:

A-G,I truly believe,your love and compassion will pay off in the end and you'll have a happy little 4-legged family.

I agree :thumbs up and, I bet she will be easier to introduce than Czarina was. :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
April 2nd, 2011, 10:50 AM
Oh I remember back when you weren't sure they were going to give her to you. I'm SOO glad that she's finally someplace safe where she'll be loved and cared for!! This is a GOOD THREAD !!

That was a hard time. It strained my relationship with my dad and just had my nerves on edge. But she's here and she will be loved. :)

Winston
May 8th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Any updates its been sooo long??? :(

ancientgirl
May 8th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Any updates its been sooo long??? :(

Hey, Winston. Sofie is doing really well. I took her to get spayed 2 weeks ago, and it wound up being a very stressful day. I took her to the Humane Society in town, because I just didn't have the money to take her to my vet. Turns out I picked her up and before I got home she looked so bad, I rushed her to my vet. She was severely dehydrated and her blood pressure was very low. Had I waited until the time in the evening they told me before giving her any fluids she may have died on me. I wound up paying more than had I just taken her to my vet. Thankfully they allowed me to pay little by little.

But, she's recovered wonderfully. She's also been doing really well with her house training. I still can't allow her to roam around unsupervised, as she'll leave little puddles. But as long as I'm watching her she's fine. And I am able to leave her alone for short periods. Like when I take a shower I leave her on my bed and she is very good about just laying there waiting for me. And she's been sleeping on the bed with me and the gang for a few weeks too, which she loves. She's a bed hog though! OY!

Here's a couple of photos of her I took today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/May%202011/021.jpg

Maks decided he wanted to cuddle next to me and he didn't mind Sofie being so close. Incidentally, the gang have all done really well accepting her presence so that's great.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/May%202011/009.jpg

babymomma
July 24th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I know its been over a year but if your still lurking ancient girkl i was wondering how you and little sofie and the kitties are doing :(

ancientgirl
July 24th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Hi! We're doing well. Sofie, has come a long way. She and the Gang get along great. Vlad is a little under the weather right now, but he's getting better. How have you and Keely been?

ownedbycats
July 26th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I, too, am glad Sophie and the Gang get along well. I remember when you got her, and were just introducing them. Is she still smaller than the cats? :cloud9:

ancientgirl
July 26th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I, too, am glad Sophie and the Gang get along well. I remember when you got her, and were just introducing them. Is she still smaller than the cats? :cloud9:

LOL, smaller in stature, but slightly a little wider. :laughing:

babymomma
July 26th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Im glad sofie and the rest of your gang are doing well! :) Myself and keely have been doing wonderful! Ive moved out of my parents house and she has a Black lab sister and a kitty cat brother now :)

ancientgirl
July 27th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Im glad sofie and the rest of your gang are doing well! :) Myself and keely have been doing wonderful! Ive moved out of my parents house and she has a Black lab sister and a kitty cat brother now :)

OH, she must love having furry brother's and sisters! I know Sofie likes having the company at home while I'm gone at work.