Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bragging about my black and tanssss

BenMax
March 22nd, 2011, 02:18 PM
Well here is a picture I wanted to share of my GORGEOUS black and tans. LuLu is our rescue dobie, and Julia is our rescue min pin/chi. My two girls...:cloud9:

Does anyone else have two different breeds or breed mixes that look alike in one way or another?

exkalibur
March 22nd, 2011, 02:19 PM
BM....IT"S TOO SMALL.....took the words right out of your mouth, did I

BenMax
March 22nd, 2011, 02:20 PM
BM....IT"S TOO SMALL.....took the words right out of your mouth, did I

:laughing:OMG yes you did. Ok I will enlarge..shhhh...can't please everyone!:laughing:

rainbow
March 22nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Finally, a pic of Lulu :D .....and, she is gorgeous. :flirt:

Julia looks like her little "mini-me" :lovestruck: and, I love that pic ...hope you have it framed. :cloud9:

exkalibur
March 22nd, 2011, 02:24 PM
Finally, a pic of Lulu :D .....and, she is gorgeous. :flirt:

Julia looks like her little "mini-me" :lovestruck: and, I love that pic ...hope you have it framed. :cloud9:

Hard to frame a WALLET SIZE pic :yell::yell:
Give us a big one...:frustrated:

BenMax
March 22nd, 2011, 02:25 PM
Ok..let's try this again..

BenMax
March 22nd, 2011, 02:26 PM
Big enough for ya smarty pants??:o

exkalibur
March 22nd, 2011, 02:28 PM
This is just awesome !!!! Even the patching look similar..Georgeous girls you got there BM....Do they tag team the mailman ????:laughing:

rainbow
March 22nd, 2011, 02:33 PM
Love Julia's flicked back ear. :D

And, my window looks like that too, only it faces out front. :o

BenMax
March 22nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
This is just awesome !!!! Even the patching look similar..Georgeous girls you got there BM....Do they tag team the mailman ????:laughing:

I have 5 rescue monsters...the other day the Fed Ex dude came over and crapped his pants. I have NEVER seen anyone run so fast without a signature..:laughing::laughing::laughing: And the worst one out of the bunch just so happens to be Julia..:evil:

rainbow
March 22nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
Aw, you deleted the pic with the flicked back ear. :p

BenMax
March 22nd, 2011, 02:35 PM
Love Julia's flicked back ear. :D

And, my window looks like that too, only it faces out front. :o

With 5 dogs and 1 foster....it is mission impossible to keep them clean...

BenMax
March 22nd, 2011, 02:35 PM
Aw, you deleted the pic with the flicked back ear. :p

I am going to try to resize. It was HUGE.

exkalibur
March 22nd, 2011, 02:36 PM
I could have fixed that pic for you......

BenMax
March 22nd, 2011, 02:38 PM
I could have fixed that pic for you......

Can you? Do I send it to you?

hedgiemama
March 22nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
gorgeous pups, they do look a lot alike! i love dobies! such pretty dogs:cloud9:

mummummum
March 22nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
Wow...you might want to pick that pearl earring up off the floor...

Just kidding:rolleyes:

What I really want to know is wherever did your decorator find them? They are simply DIVINE with your colour scheme! Now, what about splashing in a BlueTick Hound just to "mix it up a little".

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif

In truth, they are :lovestruck::cloud9:. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous and buckets of love.

BenMax
March 22nd, 2011, 02:44 PM
MX3...Julia is my little monkey..LuLu is BF's. Just so happened that the 2 anti socials sit together and have a mutual understanding....the boys leave them alone at all costs.:thumbs up

As for the earring..I actually fell for it. You gave me a heart attack!:laughing:

exkalibur
March 22nd, 2011, 02:50 PM
MX3...Julia is my little monkey..LuLu is BF's. Just so happened that the 2 anti socials sit together and have a mutual understanding....the boys leave them alone at all costs.:thumbs up

As for the earring..I actually fell for it. You gave me a heart attack!:laughing:

Can just picture BM digging thru the poop to find her earing...:laughing:

mummummum
March 22nd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Can just picture BM digging thru the poop to find her earing...:laughing:

Yup. :evil: I knew dat. :laughing: :evil: ...:sorry: I'm in "a mood" today.

Marty11
March 22nd, 2011, 03:39 PM
Hi Benmax, beautiful black and tans, may I add one that fits right in the middle?

exkalibur
March 22nd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Another thing BM....the title of this thread would really get someone that's dyslexic, a good laugh (or hope for pics worth demerit points)

mummummum
March 22nd, 2011, 03:50 PM
What a cutie-patootie Marty!

Dog Dancer
March 22nd, 2011, 03:52 PM
Awww, they're beautifu! I didn't notice the dirty windows, but I noticed your carpet looks like mine :rolleyes: All I can say is we have our priorities right! Lulu and mini-me, I love it.

BenMax
March 22nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
Absolutely stunning Marty!!!:thumbs up:cloud9:
Fell free to add as many as you like. I am a HUGE believer in sharing is caring...and I LOVE threadjacking.
So everyone - go for it!:)

It's my thread and a free for all.!

dmc123
March 22nd, 2011, 05:04 PM
They are both beautiful dogs!

Diane

Tundra_Queen
March 22nd, 2011, 05:31 PM
bm,,,they are both beauties. The size difference is amzing too. *S*

Marty11
March 22nd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Sorry I didn't mean to threadjack I just wanted to show you a dog that is actually in between a Dobie and a Min Pin. I am a huge Dobie fan, I used to have 2 of them. :)

SIL
March 22nd, 2011, 09:27 PM
BenMax...Billie would fit right in with the girls too. :(

angeldogs
March 22nd, 2011, 10:56 PM
Your Dobie is gorgeous her pic stole my heart:cloud9::lovestruck:.your minpin/chi is stunning.

BenMax
March 23rd, 2011, 06:27 AM
Sorry I didn't mean to threadjack I just wanted to show you a dog that is actually in between a Dobie and a Min Pin. I am a huge Dobie fan, I used to have 2 of them. :)

In my threads Marty..there is no such thing as threadjacking. Please feel free to post more pictures. I always say..the more the merrier!:thumbs up

BenMax
March 23rd, 2011, 06:28 AM

He sure does fit in...perfectly!:lovestruck:. Come on now...more pics..please. We have a opportunity to brag..so bring it on Girl!:thumbs up

Marty11
March 23rd, 2011, 08:34 AM
Since we are on the subject of black and tans......It's the old black and tan terrier (known as the standard manchester) now that is in the breeding of many black and tan dogs today. Such as the Dobie.....and many other breeds too. They are however not related to the min pin. Have u ever researched the Dobie breed? I think it has greyhound in it. I love investigating the breed history.....:thumbs up

BenMax
March 23rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
I have to tell you that I did not research the doberman as she was inherited. I never had a desire to have one, but now that she is here...I love her to bits.
My very favourite black and tan is the rottweiler. I hope that one day I will have another as this breed makes my heart sing. Funny enough, when my rottie Ben passed away, I was searching for another. They say you don't get what you want...you get what you need. And that so called 'need' was Julia my min/pin/chi.:laughing:. Yep - I went from 130 lbs of gentle muscle to 5 lbs of teeth.:laughing::thumbs up

mummummum
March 23rd, 2011, 09:38 AM
You might wanna get some help for that "need" Benmax... or you could turn off Safe Search on Google and find the appropriate website. <bites tongue and runs>

BenMax
March 23rd, 2011, 09:47 AM
You might wanna get some help for that "need" Benmax... or you could turn off Safe Search on Google and find the appropriate website. <bites tongue and runs>

You better 'run Forest..run'! I know where to find you MX3. :laughing:

chico2
March 23rd, 2011, 10:05 AM
Beautiful BM,both the Dobie and the mini-Pin,but the Dobie takes first place.:cloud9:
You guys had me go back and look for a pearl-earring:evil:

dbg10
March 23rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
Absolutely gorgeous girls BenMax :lovestruck:

BenMax
March 23rd, 2011, 05:28 PM
Absolutely gorgeous girls BenMax :lovestruck:

Thank you so much. Rescue dogs come in all different shapes, breeds, sizes, ages and temperments. Then again dear friend...you know all about that.:grouphug:

14+kitties
March 23rd, 2011, 05:35 PM
Beautiful!! All four pups that were shown!! Love them. :cloud9:
Now that you've figured out how to post pics BM could you please post pics of your kitties. :pray::fingerscr Pleeaassseeee!!!

BenMax
March 23rd, 2011, 05:45 PM
Beautiful!! All four pups that were shown!! Love them. :cloud9:
Now that you've figured out how to post pics BM could you please post pics of your kitties. :pray::fingerscr Pleeaassseeee!!!

Funny you should ask 14+K. I only posted 2 out of 4 dogs. And I did post 2 out of 2 cats. I will definately get you these pictures. I would love to brag about my rescue and shelter cats. Infact I think I will open up a new thread on 'Rags to Riches'...stay tuned.:thumbs up

Love4himies
March 23rd, 2011, 09:34 PM

Awww, SIL :cry: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Love4himies
March 23rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
Now are we suppose to post pics of ONLY black and tans or is it pets that have the same colouring :D

BenMax
March 23rd, 2011, 10:07 PM
Now are we suppose to post pics of ONLY black and tans or is it pets that have the same colouring :D

Na - anything goes L4H. :thumbs up

exkalibur
March 23rd, 2011, 10:09 PM
Na - anything goes L4H. :thumbs up

Really ? :evil:

BenMax
March 23rd, 2011, 10:10 PM
Really ? :evil:

Absolutely...:D

exkalibur
March 23rd, 2011, 10:12 PM
Don't worry about me....I've never posted a pic of my butt......

BenMax
March 23rd, 2011, 10:13 PM
Don't worry about me....I've never posted a pic of my butt......

Thank DAWG!

SIL
March 24th, 2011, 09:33 AM
BenMax...Billie is actually a girl (with a boys name) that is why I said she would fit right in.

Here's a couple of more pictures of her...

Marty11
March 24th, 2011, 09:38 AM
She's a beauty SIL :lovestruck:

BenMax
March 24th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Billie is gorgeous SIL! And definately does fit in..

shirley1011
March 24th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Sil...never a day goes by I don't think of Billie and where she is! She's a beauty for sure.

angeldogs
March 24th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Billie is a beauty for sure.she has a girly face.some can be hard to tell by the face.

SIL
March 24th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Thanks everybody...she is definitely missed :(

BenMax
March 24th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks everybody...she is definitely missed :(

I know SIL. I hope you found some comfort in this thread and it brought up some great memories. Thinking of you always.:grouphug:

chico2
March 24th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Aww SIL,The pic of Billie brought tears to my eyes,she certainly is a beauty...we can only hope,that wherever she is,she's happy:pray:

vitaly
March 27th, 2011, 02:41 AM
nice dogs you have. but i would not want to go in your house without being invited. i would be dogfood.

Goldfields
March 27th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Benmax, these are a gorgeous pair. Do you know how or why the Dobe ended up in rescue? My sister used to breed them before she got into GSDs, I think they're superb dogs. You can't help thinking mini-me when you see the Min Pin next to her. LOL.

BenMax
March 27th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Well like so many dogs, she was irresponsibly sold by a breeder to someone who decided to use her as a guard dog for a drug house. She was beaten into aggression. It has been 2 years that she has been work in progress but her emotional wounds will remain for the remainder of her life. She is one of the lucky ones that found her way into rescue...and now with us. She will be loved and cared for until her days come to an end.

There are thousands of dogs just like her that are in similiar or worse circumstances. She was saved, while others must live in h*ll.

It is dogs like this, and infact all our dogs and cats at home are products of this throw away society. Luckily there are wonderful organizations and people that dedicate their lives in trying their best to save as many as possible.

Dee-O-Gee
March 27th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I can't get over how much LuLu and Julia look like Sista's! :crazy:

A match made in heaven BM! :thumbs up :cloud9:

BenMax
March 27th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I can't get over how much LuLu and Julie look like Sista's! :crazy:

A match made in heaven BM! :thumbs up :cloud9:

Indeed Klm. Thank you.:)

Dee-O-Gee
March 27th, 2011, 08:43 PM
:sorry: BM, I just realized I incorrectly said Julie instead of Julia! :headslap:

Irregardless, they still look like Sista's! :cloud9:

Goldfields
March 27th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Well like so many dogs, she was irresponsibly sold by a breeder to someone who decided to use her as a guard dog for a drug house. She was beaten into aggression. It has been 2 years that she has been work in progress but her emotional wounds will remain for the remainder of her life.

Some breeder! So, obviously no-one cared where she went, so why was she handed in? Or was it a drug bust and she had to go somewhere? Lucky, lucky dog whatever happened that she ended up with you. The tragedy is that nothing will undo that emotional damage, I know that from a terrified dog I took on, he just never got over his early trauma either. All their lives you wonder what they would have been like in the right hands.