Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Opinions on Ontario Breeder

Mysts38
September 23rd, 2004, 11:18 AM
Has anyone heard or know of ********** Kennels..near Whitby Ontario? this is where we want to get our pup from...

mastifflover
September 23rd, 2004, 11:36 AM
Ask Goldenmom she would probably be the right person for this question. Good Luck

Lucky Rescue
September 23rd, 2004, 12:04 PM
From what I saw - just took a quick peek - they look good. Their breeding dogs are multi-titled and health tested.:)

Maybe someone who knows more about breeding can take a look:

Amberview Kennel (http://www3.sympatico.ca/amberview/Home.htm)

Mysts38
September 23rd, 2004, 12:15 PM
Did you happen to check on Current Litters? this is where the mom and dad are and the pups first pics..dang they are sweet,,the mother is gorgeous and the father is magnificent..his coat and mane and to die for! Mommy-Josie
Father-Wagner

BamaRama
September 23rd, 2004, 12:45 PM
Mysts, I checked the site. I know nothing of breeders but I, too will be looking for a golden eventually so please let me know what this breeder is like.

The dogs are gorgeous! Such cute pups too:)

Writing4Fun
September 23rd, 2004, 01:37 PM
Their web site looks fantastic, and their titles and health tests are certainly impressive. The only (and this is strictly my opinion, so take it with a huge grain of salt) issue I have is that they don't make any mention (that I saw) of being CKC registered, nor do they appear to be members of the Golden Retriever Club of Canada (for whatever that may be worth). Again, this is only my opinion, and is quite likely worth diddly squat in the world of pure-bred Goldens. :D

Goldenmom
September 23rd, 2004, 02:35 PM
Jill, I can't comment on individual breeders, however, I have a great suggestion for you. I did send you a PM, but I suspect you didn't see it. I am the same person on another website you frequent ;) You just posted the same question there. What you may not know, is that a majority of the posters there are Breeders themselves.

If you go to "Canadian Breeders" link on the main page of that website, you will see THE most reputable breeders around. They have to qualify to go on that list, so you can be sure you are doing things right. There is a "profile" feature beside people's names and you can see if they are a breeder or not by their website.

If you want to email me, please do so. There are a couple breeders I would recommend, but you would most likely have to wait.

Heather, Shelby, Lexi and Ricki

BamaRama
September 23rd, 2004, 02:37 PM
Goldenmom, which website are these breeders listed on? I would like to find a reputable breeder of goldens as well for future reference. PM me if you need to, thanks :)

Cflat
September 24th, 2004, 10:37 AM
He is absolutely beautiful!!!
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/ON31/ON31.3401359-1-x.jpg
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3401359&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=415431b33486c900-app4&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

crazyforanimals
May 13th, 2006, 08:17 PM
We bought a puppy from Amberview Kennels three years ago. She is beautiful. Her parents are both champions. I was very impressed with the care Amberview takes of their dogs and would not hesitate to recommend them. Our dogs is gentle and very loving.

mafiaprincess
May 13th, 2006, 08:28 PM
This thread is from 2004 and the OP is a banned user.. they won't be replying..