Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My little buddy passed yesterday morning

BradH
March 13th, 2011, 09:30 AM
About 7 months ago, I was blessed with the opportunity to adopt 2 sisters that were FeLV+. They were both in good health and neither had any expected problems in the forseeable future.
From the beginning, I had the feeling that Torty thought of herself as my girlfriend of sorts. She would always come and say "Good morning" as soon as she heard the TV in the bedroom come on in the morning. She always followed me from room to room to keep me within eyesight or she would lay on my lap when I was watching TV. If she was off doing something else (litter box, eating, etc.) and saw her sister sitting next to me getting petted, she would hide around a corner and stare at me with one eye. She was quite vocal and we would "talk" for a couple minutes every time I came home because she would always greet me at the door and would question where I was for so long. <grin>.
Then, yeterday morning, I happened to wake up about an hour early and couldn't get back to sleep. I got up and went out to the kitchen where I found her laying on her side in the middle of the floor. This was nothing like her and she didn't look too good. I picked her up and she screamed out louder than I had ever heard, so, I grabbed the heating pad and layed her on the couch to keep he warm while I let the dogs out and changed to rush her to the vet. A few hurried minutes later I was calling the vet to let them know we were coming, but she had already stopped breathing.
While, in a way, I'm glad that I happened to wake up early and be with her for her last few minutes, I'm also overwhelemed every time I look up expecting to see her peeking around a corner to make sure I'm not petting her sister. Or, expecting to feel her paw on my shoulder letting me know she wants attention.

pbpatti
March 13th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Bradh, I am so very sorry for your loss. She sounds like a most wonderful kitty companion. To have had her love these last months is something you can cherish forever. patti

BenMax
March 13th, 2011, 11:11 AM
My sincere condolences. You were there when she needed you most. She was blessed to have you to watch over her throughout her time with you. I have to say I commend you on taking on animals that otherwise would be overlooked.

Bless your heart.

RIP little one. Run carefree and whole once again.:candle:

Inthedoghouse
March 13th, 2011, 01:19 PM
My condolences too.... must have been a horrible shock to see her and as you say, a blessing you woke up early and had a chance to hold her one more time.....

t.pettet
March 13th, 2011, 06:01 PM
My condolences to you on your loss of Torty,:rip:

the gang
March 13th, 2011, 09:39 PM
:sorry: brenda and the pins :candle:

Tundra_Queen
March 14th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Brad I am so very sorry to hear about the passing of Torty. :( She sounds like a very special and loving cat who was very loved by you. :grouphug:

cpietra16
March 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I'm sorry, please accept my condolences.

chico2
March 14th, 2011, 04:45 PM
BradH,so sorry you lost your little Torty,if it is seven months or seven years,these little guys really touch your heart and soul,all of us here truly understand how great the loss is,but thank you for giving her the love she deserved.
:rip:little one

hazelrunpack
March 14th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss of Torty, BradH :grouphug: She was very lucky to have been in your loving care.

:candle: Torty