Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat run/enclosure - how big for 6/7 cats?

end user
March 11th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I have a chance to rent a house on a farm but the house is pretty close to a fairly busy street so not wanting them to be ran over or eaten by coyotes in the first month I though I would set up an outdoor enclosure for the cats and connect it to the house with two big PVC pipes so they can come in and out anytime.

I do have 7 cats but the mom don't like them so she'll be left to roam around the farm. So there will be 6 in the in the enclosure.

I was thinking something in the 20x20x8+ foot area with a shelter say inside and other jungle gym like structures.

If the enclosure is connected to the house would that be enough to let out their energy?

Love4himies
March 11th, 2011, 01:32 PM
That's about the size I have for my cats. They use the basement window to run in and out (when I am supervising of course ;)) and they have enough room to run around. My cats have a big tree in the middle they can climb, but maybe a large cat stand would do. They have a tendency to run and climb the tree to let out a lot of energy.

14+kitties
March 11th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Great idea. :thumbs up Are you planning on covering the whole top? If so make sure you use a heavy enough wire that the kitties can't rip through. With my smaller enclosure inside the big one my little angels decided to climb to the top shelf and rip open the "roof". 'Course they couldn't go too far anyway except run around the Catuary.