Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello :)

Belliffin
March 8th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I'm brand new to the forum so I just thought I would say hello to everyone!
My cat, Bella, is almost 2 and has a whole whack of medical problems! After getting her spayed at 6 months we found out (5 surgeries later) that she had a rare disorder that doesn't allow her inner linings to heal themselves. So after all the surgeries her dissolvable stitches would dissolve and then her insides would burst back open poor girl.. I don't know if it is due to all of the surgeries or what but now she is way over weight and I cannot for the life of me get her to lose weight, but I'll keep trying! Right now she is fighting off a horrible bladder infection.. it is her second one in a month!
My dog Griffin is a 10 month old Beagle and a complete sweetheart. He completed puppy, intermediate, and advanced obedience before he was 8 months old and he is a great dog! He has canine papilloma virus which I hate but I'm hoping the papillomas go away soon! We got him when he was 12 weeks old which was a shock and a challenge (even though he was undeniably adorable!) but after we got passed the rough puppy stage it was smooth sailing! I love him to death!

dbg10
March 9th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Welcome to our forum Belliffin glad you found us :thumbs up

Sorry to hear about your kitty but to me it sounds like the first bladder infection never went away. As far as I know when cats have a bladder infection they often need to be treated for several weeks if not over a month to have it cleared. Is she on antibiotics?

Have you any pics of your dog and cat? we love pictures here! :thumbs up

Belliffin
March 9th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome :) I would love to post some pictures... if I knew how.. haha like I said brand new to all of this.

Belliffin
March 9th, 2011, 11:53 PM
oh and yes she is on antibiotics this time for 3 weeks, the first round was only for 1 week.. I am not a fan of the vet here. I just moved to a new town and I adored my old vet but this one seems to try to give you only the most expensive option, I might need to start looking into the surrounding towns.

Belliffin
March 11th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I figured out how to post pictures, so here they are! There is one of Griffin and Bella when he was still a pup, one at about 6 months and a current one when he is 10 months! Enjoy! :)