Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Goodbye Lucy

Inthedoghouse
March 3rd, 2011, 10:09 AM
I have a dog named Lucy, as did my friend - and he had to let his Lucy go at the Vet's yesterday. She was a rescue/abused dog ... but had a great home for the last few years, sharing it with two "brother dogs."
To Hugh, and to everyone who has had to make this decision, I hope the tears in your hearts turn to fond memories and happy days you've shared
I found a site with beautiful poems about the passing of pets, but just can't post one at this time...... you know the feeling.:rip:

diandpat
March 3rd, 2011, 10:12 AM
:rip: Sweet Lucy. So happy you found love at the end :lovestruck:

Run young whole and free again at the Bridge. There will be many willing friends waiting for you there :cloud9:

:grouphug:Hugh and family

14+kitties
March 3rd, 2011, 10:23 AM
:candle::rip:Lucy :candle: Know you were loved more in your last few years than you ever were before. Run free and healthy once more.

May I Go?

May I go now?
Do you think the time is right?
May I say goodbye to pain filled days
and endless lonely nights?
I've lived my life and done my best,
an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond
and set my spirit free?
I didn't want to go at first,
I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now
to a warm and living light.
I want to go
I really do.
It's difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can
to live just one more day.
To give you time to care for me
and share your love and fears.
I know you're sad and afraid,
because I see your tears
I'll not be far,
I promise that, and hope you'll always know
that my spirit will be close to you
wherever you may go

Thank you so for loving me.
You know I love you too,
that's why it's hard to say goodbye
and end this life with you.
So hold me now just one more time
and let me hear you say,
because you care so much for me,
you'll let me go today

Written for a beloved pet & friend.by Susan A. Jackson

BenMax
March 3rd, 2011, 10:44 AM
I am truly so sorry for your loss.:grouphug:
RIP little one. May you run free and rejuvenated.:rip:

hazelrunpack
March 3rd, 2011, 12:44 PM
My deepest condolences to your friend, Inthedoghouse. Hugh and his family were Lucy's angels, as she is now theirs. She was very lucky to have found them.

:candle: Lucy

Inthedoghouse
March 3rd, 2011, 06:01 PM
for your kind words
I always felt bad when a friend had to part with their pet; but it is ten times worse now that I have a dog - maybe 100 times worse
that is a beautiful poem and I know the words are true
J.

BenMax
March 3rd, 2011, 06:07 PM
for your kind words
I always felt bad when a friend had to part with their pet; but it is ten times worse now that I have a dog - maybe 100 times worse
that is a beautiful poem and I know the words are true
J.

If you have a love for an animal...then the loss is worth the year(s) of joy. Though I grief with a very heavy heart today...I remember so specifically those special moments or events that made me feel like I was the luckiest person to have him/her in my life.

Grief is a process. Life and death are processes where there is no negotiation. There is no way out...the only thing that we can do is embrace the present and keep plugging forward in memory of...

Thank you for posting the loss of your friends dog. It just keeps us all reminded to give our precious pets that extra hug today.