Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jessie Joy - healing our grief

dmc123
March 2nd, 2011, 08:08 PM
I hope it is ok to start a new thread about our new girl Jessie.

I wanted to start a new thread so I could tell that she has a middle name now, Joy. Joy because of the joy she has brought back into this house. Despite the silly puppy shenanigans, despite us having to learn again how to deal with a pup, despite all of the training required - she has brought back such joy into our house.

After losing two, dearly loved dogs, Rudy almost 15 and Delaney almost 12, within 3 months of each other, this household was deep in sadness. Poor Simon felt it. We all were hurting.

We thought we should wait for a longer time to find another dog, but instead we adopted Jessie just a week after we had to let Delaney go. It was not an easy decision - but it was a fantastic decision.

Now, there is new life again here - it is amazing what this little pup has done for all of us. It is a joy to see her little face early in the morning, even before my clock goes off. Now we compare her puppy stages to Rudy and Delaney and we can talk about them with happiness, instead of just tears.

We found her or she found us - whatever - it works and everyone is happy.

She is our Jessie Joy. I am thankful we found her when we did.

Diane

14+kitties
March 2nd, 2011, 08:12 PM
:grouphug::cry::cloud9: 'Nough said

Sylvie
March 2nd, 2011, 08:21 PM
What a lovely tribute to your 2 pets.

Can't wait to see all the new pictures. :thumbs up

TeriM
March 3rd, 2011, 01:28 AM
Now, there is new life again here - it is amazing what this little pup has done for all of us. It is a joy to see her little face early in the morning, even before my clock goes off. Now we compare her puppy stages to Rudy and Delaney and we can talk about them with happiness, instead of just tears.

We found her or she found us - whatever - it works and everyone is happy.

She is our Jessie Joy. I am thankful we found her when we did.

Diane

I love this :cry:. I am so happy that Jessie Joy has help lift your burden of grief :grouphug:. I'm also very sure that your two dog angels help guide this current love to your hearts :angel2: :angel2:.

Melinda
March 3rd, 2011, 11:11 AM
no doubt that finding each other was arranged by "higher" means....I can't wait for pics and postings on all the puppy antics!

diandpat
March 3rd, 2011, 11:15 AM
So very happy for you and your family that the Joy has returned. Enjoy!!!!

We hope to get there ourselves at some point too. Your words are encouraging that there are better days ahead...thanks :pawprint:

Love4himies
March 3rd, 2011, 11:19 AM
Awwww, Jessie Joy, I just love it :cloud9: :lovestruck:, I am so glad you have found such happiness in her, I am sure she is going to have a wonderful life and Rudy and Delaney are looking down and are so happy for you too. :grouphug:

BenMax
March 3rd, 2011, 12:14 PM
Animals carry such healing power don't they? I am so happy for you that your home is filled with Joy...Jessie Joy.:)
I cannot wait to hear more about your adventures and new beginnings. The love that you have for those that passed is strengthened into the love that you will have with your new furbabe.

Welcome to Pets Jessie Joy.:) We cannot wait to hear allllll about you.

Frenchy
March 3rd, 2011, 12:54 PM
:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
March 3rd, 2011, 01:58 PM
What a heart-warming post, Diane! How wonderful that you and Jessie Joy were able to meet during a time of mutual need and that you all fell in love! :cloud9: You know that Rudy and Delaney absolutely approve!!!! :highfive:

So congratulations again to all on the new beginning! And we're definitely looking forward to hearing all about the joy that Jessie brings to you every day (so keep on posting Jessie threads, please! :D)

dmc123
March 3rd, 2011, 05:39 PM
Thank you all so much!!! There will be more pictures soon - my camera is not working well, but I'll get some I'm sure.

Diane

chico2
March 3rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
dmc,I am sooo happy for your family and I am certain so is Rudy and Delaney,they don't want you to be sad,they know you loved them very much.

Jessie-Joy,what a wonderful name,for a wonderful adorable happiness-maker:lovestruck: