Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello, from an animal lover in the States!

Lulu's Mom
February 25th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Hi Everyone - my name is Kelly (a.k.a Lulu's Mom)

Lulu is a 25-lb Jack Russell mix who I initially took in as a foster in Dec 2010. It took less than a week for her to totally win my heart and soul :cloud9: ... which was a huge surprise to me, actually! I've always had a preference for big dogs ~ I've owned 2 and fostered 6 other dogs before Lulu came along (blue heelers, aussies, labs, and a 50 lb terrier X), and while I've loved each and every foster, and a part of me was always sad to see them go, I was also happy for them to find permanent homes and I knew that once they were adopted, I could then save another lucky pup from euthanasia.

Right now, Lulu is my only dog. I hope to be able to foster again one day, but I need to wait until I get Lulu back to good health. When I got her, she was Heartworm positive, had tapeworms, was underweight and had a persistent urinary tract infection ~ phew! She's nearly back to health now, though :thumbs up

Although I was born and raised in the States (currently live in Lawrence, KS), my mom is Canadian and I still have other family there too... along with fond memories of visits!

I look forward to getting to know folks here, and both gaining and sharing knowledge about our 4-legged family members! :goodvibes:

Lulu's Mom
February 25th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Forgot to attach pics to my original 'Hello' post... here's some of Lulu!

Dee-O-Gee
February 25th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Great pictures of Lulu and I love the one of her sporting her KU digs! :thumbs up

Welcome to the board Lulu's Mom!

hazelrunpack
February 25th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Holy catz, Lulu's a doll, Kelly! :flirt:

BenMax
February 26th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Now what is not to love with a face like that!:lovestruck::angel:

Many of us here on pets are foster parents or have adopted from a rescue...some members are rescues infact. I think you will feel very much like 'home' here as we all have something in common.

We look forward to hearing more about your dogs, your fosters and your experience. I am certain that members can benefit from your knowledge and we all exchange experiences.

Thanks for being involved in rescue.:thumbs up

(part Canadian! EXCELLENT!):thumbs up:)

Love4himies
February 26th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Yay! another foster :angel:!

What a beauty Lulu is :cloud9::lovestruck:

Sylvie
February 26th, 2011, 09:40 AM
First welcome to the board and second thank you so much for taking care of LULU :thumbs up

She sure is a lucky girl to have found you.

Lulu's Mom
February 26th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Wow! Thanks for all the warm welcomes! :thankyou: I'm looking forward to participating :)