Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Allergies

Emie&Mila
February 20th, 2011, 04:30 PM
My roomate is allergic to my new foster dog. Any suggestions on what I could do to help it like something I could bathe him in or she could take without spending alot of money?

rainbow
February 20th, 2011, 06:54 PM
My roomate is allergic to my new foster dog. Any suggestions on what I could do to help it like something I could bathe him in or she could take without spending alot of money?

Has she tried any of the over the counter allergy medications?

Emie&Mila
February 20th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Yes but those all make her drowzy I thought about recommending Claritan. I was thinking more about something to bathe him in or spray him with to get rid of the dander.

kathryn
February 20th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Yes but those all make her drowzy I thought about recommending Claritan. I was thinking more about something to bathe him in or spray him with to get rid of the dander.

There are wipes but they don't really work that way. I am allergic to every animal that doesn't have scales. Birds, bunnies, cats, dogs.. you name it I'm allergic to it. I just deal with it. I have asthma too. I just take my inhalers and load up on sudafed, visine and can only take benedryl at night because it makes me sleepy. There are allergy shots if her insurance covers it but they take months to work.

Emie&Mila
February 21st, 2011, 11:50 AM
She isnt really a deal with it person and I get tired of hearing her complain so I thought I would see. They dont bother me thank the Lord because it would be awful. I would probably suck it up and deal with it too, I love them to much to stop helping just becuase of an allergy. Thanks Though.