Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rest easy now, Delaney

dmc123
February 18th, 2011, 01:38 PM
With a heavy heart I write to tell you that we had to let Delaney go today.

This comes after several months of fighting a bad cough, only to find out in January after meds, hospitalization, and a series of x-rays, that she had a mass/tumor in her lung area. Although her vet thought she had much longer before she got this bad -her breathing got worse and she was swelling so badly. She was at the vet's overnight, just this past Wednesday. They hoped that giving her meds via IV would help reduce the swelling - it didn't really help.

We brought her home yesterday, but she felt so bad - she was having such a hard time breathing and could barely walk. She also refused food or treats.

We felt that when she looked at us, it was as if she was telling us that she was ready to go. So we said goodbye.

Rest easy now, Delaney. We will miss you so much.

Here's a couple of photos of Delaney. She would have been 12 in April.

Diane (and Diana)

14+kitties
February 18th, 2011, 01:49 PM
:cry::candle::rip: Delaney :candle:
I am so sorry Diane and Diana. :grouphug: I share your pain. How sad. :( Delaney is running free now.

diandpat
February 18th, 2011, 01:56 PM
:cry::cry::cry: I am so so sorry to read this. It definitely sounds like you all fought until there was nothing left to fight for.

What a sweet soft face Delaney has...:cloud9:

She is surely at the Bridge now running young whole and healthy again thanking your for taking away her pain and discomfort.

I am heartbroken for you and with you...stay strong :grouphug:

Diane

Love4himies
February 18th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I am so sorry dmc :cry: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
:rip: Delaney :candle: You can now breathe easily.

Marty11
February 18th, 2011, 02:03 PM
So sorry for your loss of your pet.:candle:

Frenchy
February 18th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I'm so sorry Diane :( :grouphug:

RIP dear Delaney :candle:

Dog Dancer
February 18th, 2011, 03:14 PM
dmc, so sorry to hear of Delaney's passing. You did right by her. She's running pain free at the bridge now, knowing how well she was loved. RIP sweet angel.

dogcatharmony
February 18th, 2011, 03:40 PM
so sorry for your loss.:candle:

chico2
February 18th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I am so very sorry Diane,you loved her very much and in the end even more by letting her go and she knew it.
What a wonderful face she has...:rip:beautiful Delaney:candle:

Rgeurts
February 18th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I am so sorry for you both :cry: :(
What a beautiful girl she was.

:rip: sweet Delaney :candle: :dog:

BenMax
February 18th, 2011, 04:08 PM
My sincere condolences.

RIP sweet Delaney. Run care free and rejuvenated.:rip:

Strength and Peace to you dmc.:grouphug:

dmc123
February 18th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Thank you all - we will surely miss her.

Diane

14+kitties
February 18th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I can see her and Rudy relaxing under a beautiful tree and catching up. :cloud9: I bet they are happy to be together again. :grouphug:

dmc123
February 18th, 2011, 05:33 PM
ok 14+ make me cry again...it has not been long since we told Rudy goodbye, just a bit over 3 months. We told Delaney - almost last words to her - go find Rudy and run with him.

Now Simon misses her so much, has missed her since she started getting sick. We'll get him a buddy before too much time passes or he will drive us and the cats crazy. He loved Delaney.

Diane

14+kitties
February 18th, 2011, 05:42 PM
ok 14+ make me cry again...it has not been long since we told Rudy goodbye, just a bit over 3 months. We told Delaney - almost last words to her - go find Rudy and run with him.

Now Simon misses her so much, has missed her since she started getting sick. We'll get him a buddy before too much time passes or he will drive us and the cats crazy. He loved Delaney.

Diane

:grouphug: I'm sorry my friend. I didn't mean to make you cry. Just thought of them together.... seems right. I know it wasn't long ago you said goodbye to Rudy. It's so hard. :grouphug:

aslan
February 18th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Dmc we send our deepest sympathies to both you and Diana, Delaney is running pain free now and waiting for you guys.

dmc123
February 18th, 2011, 05:54 PM
no worries, been crying off and on - it is right for her to run with Rudy, I do worry about Simon, left behind. I think he is worried we'll take him to the vet and not return with him.....but he knew this morning that Laney was not well.

ugh - so hard to love these guys and have to let them go - even when it is time.

Delaney's vet cried with us today, he loved her so much.

Diane

BenMax
February 18th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I am sorry that you are in so much pain dmc. Please know that we are thinking of you.:grouphug:

rainbow
February 18th, 2011, 06:05 PM
I am so very sorry Diane :( :grouphug: .....I hope your sorrow is soon replaced by all the wonderful memories :goodvibes: and I send my deepest condolences to you and Diana. :grouphug:

:rip: Sweet Delaney :candle:

Sylvie
February 18th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I am so sorry :grouphug:

:rip: Delaney :candle:

Tundra_Queen
February 18th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I am so sorry to read about Delaney. :rip:Delaney

TeriM
February 20th, 2011, 12:06 AM
What a fabulous smile in that first pic of Delaney on the chair :cloud9:.

I am so sorry for your loss Diane :grouphug:.

:angel2:

luckypenny
February 20th, 2011, 11:03 AM
My sympathies to you, Diane :grouphug:.

:candle: Delaney :candle:

Winston
February 20th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Diane so sorry for your loss....:candle::rip:

hazelrunpack
February 20th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Such sad news, Diane! :cry: At least Rudy was there at the Bridge to show Delaney the ropes...but I know it'll take a while to heal the hole in your heart :grouphug:

:candle: Delaney

dmc123
February 21st, 2011, 11:32 AM
Thank you all - your words are so much appreciated.

Diane

ancientgirl
February 21st, 2011, 12:36 PM
I'm so sorry you lost your girl. My deepest condolences to you and your family.:grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper
February 24th, 2011, 02:25 AM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Delaney :candle: She is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

marko
February 24th, 2011, 08:53 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss dmc123 :sorry:

Please accept my deepest condolences.

:rip: sweet Delaney :candle:

Sincerely
Marko

mikischo
March 4th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I have been away and just saw this thread. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Delaney. :grouphug: You gave her a wonderful life and she left this world knowing she was very much loved. May your sadness soon be replaced by the wonderful memories.

Run free, sweet :angel2: Delaney :dog: :candle:

dmc123
March 4th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Thank you so much, mikischo, and all who posted their condolences.

Diane