Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Ontario

Inthedoghouse
February 17th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone. This is such a friendly place - I'm glad I found it.
My husband and I talked about getting a dog on and off for THIRTY years
We wanted to make sure we really wanted one and could take care of it .etc.etc....... sounds silly now we think about it; however, we made a decision and got Lucy from All Heart Pet Rescue in Powassan just over a year ago when she was 8 weeks old.
We had decided to get a very small dog; one that didn't shed; one with a "normal tail," etc. etc.
Well, I made up my mind to get a puppy that day, and I wasn't coming home without one.
Lucy now weighs 52 lbs, sheds and has a very curly tail: all of which we now love
When Lucy woke up at 2am, 4.30am etc. etc. I got up with her, took her outside in the freezing weather on the snow covered lawn, then played with her for about an hour each time she woke up - I thought that's what one did!!! I was worn out :-) (I am 67) We even met some deer outside at 6am.
For us, having no grandchildren, she has become our "grand-dog".
I used to shudder thinking of people letting their dogs come in the house, sitting on their furniture - and their beds! How unsanitary!
Now, of course, she does all these things and I even kiss her face.
I suppose we all have different ideas of how to raise our dogs.... as long as we treat them well and take care of their needs (food, shelter, vet, love), that's what matters.
As you can see, I love to "chat"..... but will try and keep this short so I don't bore you all - I like reading the information on this site and also seeing the photos of everyone's pets (her photo is on this site somewhere)

Mixed, unknown breed

aslan
February 17th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Well welcome to the forum to you and Lucy,,glad to see you came over to the dark side and share your house,bed and lovins with a fuzzbutt..hmmmm only one picture....

Inthedoghouse
February 18th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Hi Aslan, welllllll, I do have about 300 photos of Lucy :-)

Bina
February 19th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Lucy looks like a very soft, sweet girlie. Congrats on adopting !

dbg10
February 19th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Welcome Inthedoghouse and Lucy.:) We love pictures here ! :) Lucy is beautiful :grouphug:

chico2
February 19th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Welcome to our Forum,I too am 67 and we have no grandkids,so our kitties are our grand-kids.
For some reason I could not see your picture,but I am hoping I will in the future:fingerscr

Inthedoghouse
February 19th, 2011, 08:15 PM
...thanks for the welcome, I will try and post a picture... I have a few posted somewhere but am finding it a bit of a maze until I get used to it; some really good advice on this web site :thumbs up
(I'm trying to put a small picture next to my sign-in name of
Inthedoghouse)

Dee-O-Gee
February 19th, 2011, 10:17 PM
What a beautiful girl and wonderful opening thread! :thumbs up

72298 to the board Inthedoghouse! :thumbs up

Love4himies
February 20th, 2011, 07:07 AM
...thanks for the welcome, I will try and post a picture... I have a few posted somewhere but am finding it a bit of a maze until I get used to it; some really good advice on this web site :thumbs up
(I'm trying to put a small picture next to my sign-in name of
Inthedoghouse)

What an adorable dog :cloud9::lovestruck:, and yes, welcome to the world of unconditional love of a pet :lovestruck:.

chico2
February 20th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Awww,she looks really sweet,reminds me of dog we had many,many years ago:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
February 20th, 2011, 08:46 PM
She's adorable, Inthedoghouse! :flirt: Welcome to the board. :D