Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Housebroken dog peeing inside... help, please!

loncho
February 16th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Hi everyone.

I have a standard poodle, she's 2 1/2 years old and she's spayed.

We got her almost 4 months ago. The same night we got her, she peed in the living room, but that was it... we didn't get upset, we considered the change of environment for her, being away from her master, etc. She never did it again and she's a very happy dog, gets lots of exercise (take her to the park where she plays for 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours), she gets her walks, etc... she's not lacking physical activity.

Last Friday she peed again (same spot) in the evening, but that day I was sick in bed and couldn't take her out for her usual routine, although I let her to the backyard anyway, but I took the blame. Then on Sunday night she did it again at night when we were sleeping... same spot. Yesterday night (Tuesday) we went out for dinner and when we came back we saw she peed again inside. And today (Wednesday) she did it again, even though she peed during her play time outside... she was upstairs with me, and at 8PM she went downstairs, I went down a few minutes after and there was a surprise... pee again, same spot.

Nothing has changed in the house, no new pets, no new people, not even new furniture, our schedules are the same (including hers).

She just went to the vet 3 weeks ago and she had a complete check-up and everything is fine with her. That was the same time she got spayed... could this be a side effect?

I'm trying to figure out why she's doing it and how to stop her.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!