Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vomitting Cat...again

WINWAL
February 13th, 2011, 03:06 PM
My cat, Wally, started vomitting excessively yesterday...about 9 times (some of its just foamy white liquid). He's done it about 6 times today. He is still quite social and wants to be picked up and cuddled and is still purring.

Not a good sign, I know, and am heartbroken because I went through something similar to this almost exactly a year ago with him and it cost me $2700!! Plus, 8 months before that I spent about $1400 on him for recurring urinary tract infections. I fear he's gone and eaten something again and will need surgery again, and I just don't think I have another 3 grand. Hoping it could be something else...maybe he's just not feeling well. Maybe give him mineral oil in case he's constipated? Get things moving? Any advice would be helpful. I don't know what to do.

14+kitties
February 13th, 2011, 06:40 PM
NO MINERAL OIL!! The cat can aspirate on it and it can make him severely ill! If he is vomiting that much he needs to go to the vet. Is he eating? If so what? He needs to be kept hydrated. If he isn't eating wet food and drinking water you need to get fluids down him. Electrolytes are the best. If he hasn't eaten anything in the last couple of days it is critical he get to the vet.