Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Memorials/Rallys for the Whistler 100 times & locations

Rgeurts
February 12th, 2011, 07:50 PM
This is a link to FB with times and locations of candle walks, memorials and rallies. If you are interested in attending but do not use FB, pm me and I'll be happy to relay the info to you!!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=683426581#!/AAOAW?sk=app_2344061033

It's time to make some noise and get these barbaric laws changed!!

Approved by Admin

Rgeurts
February 13th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Just bumping this thread in case anyone in the Southern or Central AB would like to attend one of todays memorials!

kitona
February 13th, 2011, 06:20 PM
The Calgary Edworthy walk had a really good turnout. Lots of signatures on the petition and good media coverage. Should be on the CTV news tonight.
Hope did really good too. She was quite scared but no panicking. In fact, she got compliments about how calm she was!

Luvmypitgirls
February 13th, 2011, 07:45 PM
The Calgary Edworthy walk had a really good turnout. Lots of signatures on the petition and good media coverage. Should be on the CTV news tonight.
Hope did really good too. She was quite scared but no panicking. In fact, she got compliments about how calm she was!

I wonder if we seen each other! We may have walked right past each other and never knew! The turn out was really good!
Did you see the little English Bulldog that came? OMG the most squishy squishy face ever!:cloud9:
I thought it was great to see such a wide range of breeds show up!
Signed the petitions, and even signed up to volunteer for Daisy Foundation.
The only regret I have is that I didn't turn around and follow the same path back with a bunch of the others cuz the path on the other side of the Bridge was horrible!

Rgeurts
February 13th, 2011, 09:32 PM

I wonder if we seen each other! We may have walked right past each other and never knew! The turn out was really good!
Did you see the little English Bulldog that came? OMG the most squishy squishy face ever!:cloud9:
I thought it was great to see such a wide range of breeds show up!
Signed the petitions, and even signed up to volunteer for Daisy Foundation.
The only regret I have is that I didn't turn around and follow the same path back with a bunch of the others cuz the path on the other side of the Bridge was horrible!

Sounds like it was awesome, I wish I could have been there! I'll have to watch the news :D

Rgeurts
February 16th, 2011, 11:18 AM
For anyone in the Edmonton area who is interested, we will be meeting at the Legislature building, on the front steps at 1 pm this Saturday. I'm not sure if the person who has organized it will have a petition on hand to sign. I have emailed her, but have not gotten a response yet. If not, I will have a copy. The link below has all the details:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=126717654068350

mastifflover
February 16th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Will be with you guys in spirit hope you get a great turn out.

Rgeurts
February 16th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Will be with you guys in spirit hope you get a great turn out.

Thanks!! I don't know how many people will show as it was organized last minute, but every little bit helps!

Sylvie
February 16th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the posting :thumbs up

Etown_Chick
February 16th, 2011, 07:27 PM
There are posters up at our dog park already! Scruffy and I plan to attend. Hope it's a tad warmer than it was today.

Rgeurts
February 16th, 2011, 08:08 PM
There are posters up at our dog park already! Scruffy and I plan to attend. Hope it's a tad warmer than it was today.

That's wonderful!!! I will be putting some up in Leduc tomorrow. I will be by myself, so will probably have to leave Thorin at home. He just doesn't play well with others, and with Nookie, it would be too hard. Hopefully we'll get to meet you and Scruffy! :D

It's supposed to be between -6 and -10 (depending on what website you look at) :)

Etown_Chick
February 19th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Sorry I missed it, I had to go in to work.
BOOO to being on-call!
Hope you had a good turnout.