Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dinner Time!

pattymac
February 12th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Do your critters let you know it`s getting close to dinner time. Mine certainly do, especially the cats, one minute everyone can be in various places sound asleep and then the next they`re all in the kitchen or laying around the table or on the table. Bayley`s by the door waiting to go out, cause I let her out while I fix dinner and she sure knows when it`s ready. Noella of course has to help, she`s learning, slowly that she has to keep her little nose out of the bowl while I`m dishing it out. She still likes to try to eat out of the can, so someone must have been putting food out for her.

sugarcatmom
February 12th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Do your critters let you know it`s getting close to dinner time.

OMG, it's like they can read the clock! I don't even need a watch when I have cats around. It amazes me how precise they are. I tend to feed them pretty much around the same time every morning and evening because Aztec gets insulin twice a day right after he eats. They all resume their "positions" when they're expecting dinner to be served. Peppercorn gets fed on the kitchen counter, Cinnamon Girl eats her meals on the island, Carrot's feeding station is on the floor by the broom closet, and Aztec eats upstairs in my bedroom.

Dee-O-Gee
February 12th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Same goes for us! :thumbs up

Gryphon & Mollie can be anywhere in the house but at the 6:00 p.m. feeding time, they come into the kitchen and quitely lay in there spots without anyone even saying anything! :shrug:

Kittie and Bella know they're feeding times as well and as soon as our feet hit the floor, their right down in position!

Too funny! :crazy:

Etown_Chick
February 13th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Scruffy not only knows when dinner time is, to the exact minute, BUT he also lets me know when it's bedtime. He gets a zuke's treat before bed. If I happen to stay up late on a weekend, he comes around and nudges me to tell me it's time for his treat.

Love4himies
February 13th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Oh yes, mine do too. Sweet Pea is the worse, she could be in a deep sleep and then at meal time, her internal alarm goes off and wakes right up and goes into the kitchen. :laughing:

Melinda
February 13th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Brina doesn't....she's more or less free fed, since the operation I have been mixing her kibble with yogurt and canned food so she isn't free fed right now, but she never really lets me know when she's hungry, could be because she's a lab and always hungry *L*

chico2
February 13th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Mine do too,I have 2 pairs of eyes staring at me,saying Din-Din time mom:laughing:
I could almost set the clock by them and Vinnie goes night-night exactly at 9pm every night,wakes me up at 6 am give or take 5 min,every morning.
Don't you just love'em:lovestruck:

pattymac
February 14th, 2011, 01:45 AM
That's neat, they do have us well trained!! Bobee and Nino wait on the table, Noella still has to help, Coco usually waits for Bobee and Nino finish, he's so polite. Bayley keeps her eye on her bowl. She lets Noella know with a little growl to keep her nose out. I have to give Noella some of Bayley's tripe if that's what she's having.

Luvmypitgirls
February 14th, 2011, 02:45 AM
My dogs know when it's dinner time and have no issue reminding me when I get distracted with something.
Goob's food is kept in the pantry and at dinner time he'll start prancing around the kitchen. The other dogs will lay in the hall by the garage door, their dog bins are kept in the garage, so at dinner time they lay by the door to tell me "hey Mom...we's be hungry!"

The dogs also know from one day to the next when hubby is expected home. My husband works early on Mondays and Wednesdays, and late shift Tuesdays and Thursdays and till 6 every other Friday and 6 on Saturdays.
Every day they gather around the front door, when they know he's to be expected, and they have his shift pattern down to a T!

Floppy Dog
February 15th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Crush, the cat, is free-fed, so that's not an issue. Lady, the dog, isn't so much clock driven as activity driven. When G-Man turns on the espresso machine in the morning, no matter what time, late or early, Lady goes to her matt in the kitchen and waits for one of us to feed her. In her mind espresso machine = breakfast. At dinner time, once she sees us all getting up from the table and stacking dishes in the dishwasher, she's back on her matt. In her mind dishwasher = dinner.