Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Good Bye little toothless wonder

BenMax
February 10th, 2011, 08:07 AM
It is with a very heavy heart that I announce the passing of 'Peaches'..my little foster girl whom I spoke about back in August 2009.

She was a brave little one that our rescue took in that was old, and pregnant.

She went though such hardship in her past, but after her recovery she connected with a wonderful new mom and dog brother who embraced her and gave her the best life a little one could ever ask for.

I received an email this morning saying that she passed due to cancer. I was updated on the last few months after the diagnosis..so we have been in touch.

For those of you at Pets that supported me during those difficult days during2009, I want to say thank you to all of you. You all were so important to me and her during those very difficult and controversial days.

RIP dear little wonder. My tears are a mixture of hearing your passing and also that your life was celebrated afterall. Bless your beautiful heart and spirit. You changed my life forever and so many more as well during your journey on earth.

I wish strength and peace to her mom who is grieving so.
Sorry.

Please spay and neuter your pets.

BMDLuver
February 10th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Aww BM, they are the hardest to lose! I'm so sorry for you and her "mom" who loved her unconditionally. She was a lucky gal to have found such care so late in her life. :grouphug:

Love4himies
February 10th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Oh BenMax, I remember little Peaches :cry:. I am so sorry :grouphug:
:rip: Peaches :candle:

BenMax
February 10th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Aww BM, they are the hardest to lose! I'm so sorry for you and her "mom" who loved her unconditionally. She was a lucky gal to have found such care so late in her life. :grouphug:

I don't know if you remembered her BDMLuver...she was in the PA and DG was looking for a rescue for her. Only G accepted her (with me pleading of course..:)). She was the tiny golden X yorkie with all her teeth hanging out. Sad to look at....but she had spunk.:) Do you remember her? She was a suspected thrown away miller dog.

chico2
February 10th, 2011, 08:22 AM
My memory is very vague of Peaches,I tried to look back to 2009...but no.
I am very sorry for her passing,but she passed with love in her heart,thank's to you and her loving owner..

:rip:little tooth-less wondergirl:candle:

Melinda
February 10th, 2011, 08:25 AM
my sympathies to her poor mom, she didn't have long with her but I bet you she showed her a decade of love.

BenMax
February 10th, 2011, 08:30 AM
my sympathies to her poor mom, she didn't have long with her but I bet you she showed her a decade of love.

That she did Melinda. I am taking this passing very hard. As you foster as well, you know there are those little special ones that remain imprinted in your heart. She is one of them.

14+kitties
February 10th, 2011, 08:39 AM
:candle::rip: Peaches :candle: Your time on earth is done but you have left your mark on so many people. Run free sweetheart. No more pain.
BM - :grouphug: Thank you. Thank you for seeing the special in her. Give her mom my sympathies too. :grouphug:

BMDLuver
February 10th, 2011, 08:44 AM
I don't know if you remembered her BDMLuver...she was in the PA and DG was looking for a rescue for her. Only G accepted her (with me pleading of course..:)). She was the tiny golden X yorkie with all her teeth hanging out. Sad to look at....but she had spunk.:) Do you remember her? She was a suspected thrown away miller dog.

yes I do..... and god bless G for agreeing, tough old bird but she has a heart of gold! Sadly I think we get byb'ers dumping as PA's all too often.

Winston
February 10th, 2011, 09:41 AM
BM my condolences to you! You were Peaches :angel: and look how much extra time you gave her! She can now be reunited with her 2 littles babes that didnt make it! Bless you for everything you do.

I thought I would post a link to Peaches thread so that others can read all of the wonderful things that were done for this sweet soul!

RIP sweet Peaches! :thumbs up

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=64946&highlight=peaches

Cindy

Shaykeija
February 10th, 2011, 11:23 AM
:(:rip::angel2::pawprint:Beautiful little girl..may you find peace and love at the bridge. Many of us here remember your story and mourn your journey. Race to the bridge baby, butterflies and sunshine, treats and toys await you there. Please pass on my condolences to Peach's mom for me.

Tundra_Queen
February 10th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Aw BM, I'm so sorry to hear of Peaches passing. :grouphug: to u and her mom.

Frenchy
February 10th, 2011, 12:22 PM
RIP dear Peaches , I'm happy that she discovered love before going to the bridge. :candle:

mastifflover
February 11th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Oh BM I am so sorry. RIP Sweet Peaches know you were loved and cherished

luckypenny
February 12th, 2011, 07:57 AM
:candle: Peaches :candle:

Sylvie
February 12th, 2011, 08:37 AM
RIP little one

My thoughts are with you BM and Peaches Mom. :grouphug:

Dee-O-Gee
February 12th, 2011, 05:41 PM
:candle: :rip: Sweet Peaches :candle:

BenMax
February 12th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Thank you to all those that acknowledged Peaches. She really was a wonder on so many levels.

My heart goes out to her mom who her loved her so much. I understand that my pain and my grief is nothing in comparison to hers. She is a wonderful woman who knew that Peaches was so flawed in so many ways, yet she embrassed her regardless.

Peaches will always have a place in my heart as well as many of yours that followed our journey. Regardless of the amount of time that she finally found out that life was full of wonder and love...she had so many people who cherished her until the end.

Peaches touched everyone and it is little souls like this that keeps me plugging away, trying to send a very important message to NOT support petstores who sell animals. It is dog like Peaches that enforce my believe that we need a government and the people of this nation to make a stand and say that it is not ok to support petstores and bybs and breeders that have no entitlement to breed.

Thank you all so much for your wonderful message and your good byes to a VERY very special little soul that only wanted to live her life with compassion and tenderness. She got just that for 1.5 years of her life...and I am certain that she cherished every lovely moment.:)

God's speed Peaches.

marko
February 13th, 2011, 10:30 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss BM - please accept my deepest condolences. :sorry:

:rip: sweet peaches:candle:

Sincerely,

Marko

Luvmypitgirls
February 14th, 2011, 12:12 AM
BM, I am sooo sorry to hear of Peaches passing. My deepest condolences to you and her forever Mom and dog brother who must also have a broken heart.:(
Thankfully Peaches was lucky enough to have people like you and her forever Mom, come into her life when she was obviously in such desperate need of unconditional love and caring. Both of you gave her the greatest gift:grouphug:

Rest in Peace Peaches, run free and rejuvinated at The Bridge sweet baby girl :angel2:

rainbow
February 14th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I am so sorry BenMax :( ....my sincere condolences to you and her mom. :grouphug:

:rip: Sweet Peaches :candle:

diandpat
February 14th, 2011, 02:41 PM
:rip: sweet Peaches. I do remember the story and I remember you were her guardian angel. :angel:

How sad that she passed but lucky that she did find love in the end.

:grouphug: to her Mum and you Benmax :angel2:

growler~GateKeeper
February 17th, 2011, 01:42 AM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Peaches :candle: She is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

TeriM
February 20th, 2011, 12:59 AM
BM, I remember Peaches story and I am sorry that she didn't get to spend a longer life knowing the love of both her wonderful rescuer and her new forever mom.

:grouphug: