Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Waiting for spaying date.....HELP!

Feline_fan
February 6th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I was a country kid that always had kitties but they lived outside in a barn, so the whole idea of indoor kitties is sorta new. I am waiting for my 9 month old kitty, Puddin, to get spayed. I have a wait of at least a month if not longer. We are waiting for an opening in a vet volunteer program that provides spaying/neutering services at a reduced cost since I am currently unemployed.

Anyway, Puddin is going into heat every two to three weeks for about 5 days. I can manage with the howling and affection but she pees the most foul pee mostly on my side of the bed and where I sit. (In case you are wondering, I am a girl.)

The other night she urinated on the power strip my computer is plugged into. We didn't know it at the time she did it, but some time later it shorted out the circuit board on the power strip and sparks and flames shot out. (Puddin and computer are fine.) I am concerned for the well being of Puddin, but also my belongings. :wall: Any suggestions are welcomed!

rainbow
February 6th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Do you have a spare room that you can keep her in and remove anything that you don't want pee on? Hopefully some of the cat gurus here will offer some other suggestions. :fingerscr