Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Name me!

Cuda89
February 5th, 2011, 04:04 PM
We just picked up this little girl from the SPCA today. She is extremely friendly, doesn't mind the dogs much, but gives them a good swat if they get too pushy (which is exactly what we want). She is a small little girl that is really in love with my fiance, like so badly, that I may have some competition lol. Shes basically a really easy going cat and shes adjusted so well already that its crazy. So, heres her pictures, I need some name suggestions please :) she came prenamed Maya, but we don't really care for the name as a friend of ours has a dog named Maya.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/renay89/IMG_0285.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/renay89/IMG_0282.jpg

chico2
February 5th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Awww what a little sweet girl,I am terrible with girl-kitty names,but how about,CoCo,Lily,Daisy Mae,I think Maya is a really cute name though and maybe she's used to being called Maya:shrug:
and thank you for rescuing:thumbs up

Cuda89
February 5th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Adoption was the only option for us :thumbs up I could've went to any farm around here in the country and got a kitten for free, but no, I'm not going to support people who don't get their animals fixed and who only allow the problem to escalate. Rescues aren't given enough credit, recognition or help in my opinion, so, we knew that was the only way to go.

Maya is cute, but it just doesn't fit her.

I like Opal, the fiance is not sold and wants to call her Nermal... :frustrated:

Ozzie
February 5th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Tiddles! :thumbs up

Cuda89
February 5th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Ha, I think we're calling her Pearl.

chico2
February 5th, 2011, 04:42 PM
What on earth is Nermal:laughing:that's a terrible name for a little sweet girl,but maybe it has a meaning:shrug:

Love4himies
February 5th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Tiddles! :thumbs up

I like Tiddles (not Nermal):thumbs up

Thanks for adopting :thumbs up from a shelter :lovestruck:

chico2
February 5th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Pearl is a sweet name,your fiance,can call her Nermal in secret:laughing:

CsqU4r3d
February 5th, 2011, 05:45 PM
HaHa I like Nermal...I believe that was the obnoxiously cute little kitten from "Garfield" :laughing::D

Longblades
February 5th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I can't quite be sure from the way the photo looks on my monitor but she seems to be a classic tabbly with a swirl on the grey in her coat, on her side. That swirl is called an oyster. And what do you find in oysters? Pearls. Pearl. Pearly girl. Precious, pretty Pearly girl. :)

Cuda89
February 5th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I can't quite be sure from the way the photo looks on my monitor but she seems to be a classic tabbly with a swirl on the grey in her coat, on her side. That swirl is called an oyster. And what do you find in oysters? Pearls. Pearl. Pearly girl. Precious, pretty Pearly girl. :)

She does have swirls in her coat. Wow, what a neat coincidence!!! Thanks for that little tid bit, thats gonna be cool to tell everyone!!

happycats
February 5th, 2011, 09:14 PM
She looks like a "Chelsea" to me :)

14+kitties
February 5th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Sounds like you're sticking with Pearl. Cute name. When I saw her face I did a bit of a double take. She looks so much like my Tinker. But just her face. She's got much longer fur than he does. :cloud9:

Cuda89
February 5th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Yeah, Pearl it is :)

Shes really an amazing little cat! She is so out going already. She is playing, and rubbing up on things, shes lounging out on the chair, not paying attention to the dogs... I think she is really the best match for us, the SPCA definitely did their job today and we couldn't be happier!!

Dee-O-Gee
February 5th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Oh My!!! I love the name Pearl! :cloud9: She sounds like a gem! :cloud9:

cell
February 6th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I like Pearl or Lily

Sylvie
February 6th, 2011, 11:44 AM
What a cutie. Love the name :lovestruck:

Thank you for rescuing. :thumbs up

BrownEyedGirl
February 6th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Oh she's so pretty, welcome home Pearl

Cuda89
February 6th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks guys, shes really fitting in well here :) we love her already!

MissPurryJess
February 6th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Hi Pearl! She's beautiful. :lovestruck: And yay for rescues!! :goodvibes:

joeysmama
February 6th, 2011, 09:08 PM
When I looked at the picture I thought she needed a regal name. Pearl seems to suit her so well !

What a pretty girl. Congratulations !

DigginDaisy
February 6th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I love the name Pearl! :thumbs up

rainbow
February 6th, 2011, 11:03 PM
She is a cutie and really suits the name Pearl. :thumbs up

I love the second pic ....her and Dolly have certainly adapted well together. :cloud9:

Koteburo
February 7th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Pearl is so beautiful, she looks like a baby teddy bear.
I wish you many many years of happy companionship with Pearl :cat: