Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pet nicknames.

Soundy
February 5th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Okay, so most of us (I would imagine) have nicknames or other "terms of endearment" for our pets, beside the "official" names we give them... what are some of yours? You know, besides "$#!Thead" or "that damn cat" ;)

Like... we used to have a really fat tuxedo cat, named Screech... but we often called her "Squishers" (because that's what she did when she climbed on you!), and a really fluffy Himalayan, Tabatha, that we called "Foofers" (because, well, she was pretty foofy).

So now there's Groucho - aka Grouchoboucho, an "odd little creature". His actual mix of breeds is a mouthful, so we often just refer to him as a "mini-mutt", or sometimes a "toy wolfhound". Or sometimes we'll describe him as, "God just had a bunch of spare dog parts He threw together."

Then there's Dusty, who just as often gets called "Pooh-Bear".

And Daisy... aka "Monkey Butt", because, well... she's a monkey :)

What are your pet names for your pet names??

Larca
February 5th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Ooh, I got quite a few lol

Lars(dog) I normally just call Lars but sometimes and I know this sounds corny, but I will refer to him as "best friend", I'll say, Come here best friend" but then if I should be upset with him I will call him "Larshole" cuz it rhymes with "arsehole" but that is not too often because I am rarely upset with him because he really is a good dog, He is also called Buddy a lot.

Lyca(dog), she rarely ever gets called her name, you see, she is a very verbal dog, always making sounds, she does this weird growl thing whenever she wants you to notice her and it comes out as Ra Roo, so that is what I always call her, I consider Lyca just her birth name. Sometimes I will adapt her nickname to Ra Roo Ra Ha Ha because sometimes she will come out and "say" that, and since she is still young(5 months) she is still getting into trouble here and there so when I should catch her chewing a shoe or something she may be called "Lil Witch" or even Lyca, her real name seems to be reserved for the name I use when I am upset with her lol

Goku(cat) I normally just call him Goks or Goki-Loki

Pandora(ferret) rarely called her real name unless she is in trouble, I normally call her "Pan" or "Pan Pan"

Loki(ferret) is normally called Loki-Loz

Eris(ferret) I don't think I ever call her by her real name, I always call her "Airy" or "Airy-Eris" and sometimes she is called "Devil Girl" or "Twinkle Toes"

Luvmypitgirls
February 5th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Kato..Toes, Snotshot, Dude, Myboy, Shnugglebutt and when he ticks me off....Buttmunch

Jersey..Puddin', Puddin'Pie, Babygirl, Myfavoritebutdon'ttelltheothers, Bed*itch, and when she ticks me off....Buttmunch or Mz.*itch!

Abby..Tripod, Tripoddog, AbbyDabbyDoo, B-Doo, Mizabee, MissB (with southern drawl), HippityHopDawg, Fence*itch, and when she ticks me off.."Young lady"....thought I was gonna say Buttmunch didn't ya!

Goober...Da~Goob, Goob, Goobins', GoobinGoblin, Goobers n' Boogers, GooberSnot, StinkyA$$, PoopHound, GoobyDoobyDoo, and when he ticks me off...Mr.Goober!

aslan
February 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Quincy,,,Q,,,Q-man, Fallump,,Moose or Pizzaboy

Bailey- Bayman,Freddie,Fartlips(don't ask)

Echo- Monkey,Slinkie,,and most common is Poliebear.

exkalibur
February 5th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Daisy : la 'tite toupie

Chief : monster, handsome, beast, 'ti-bonhomme

Minoune : fatso

Griffin : ol'man

Tom : just Tom...:D

Love4himies
February 5th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Puddles is Sweet Girl
Jasper is Boo
Sweet Pea is Squeeky
Rose is Little One
:D and we call them by their nicknames more than their real names :laughing:

Cuda89
February 5th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Duster (cat) = Baby Girl
Polara (cat) = Polaramo

Dolly (dog) = Dawry, Dawry Dot, EXPLETIVE.
Maggie (dog) = Maggot, moogit, moog, foogit, her list goes on and on...

Love the Lars / Larshole thing, I had tears in my eyes laughing at that one!!

happycats
February 5th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Tuffy - Toe Toe, baby Toe, Tuff Tuff
Boowee- boo boo, boowinkle, Bootiful
Jay- jay bird, jay jay,

Buddy (these are all the names my son calls him :D)
Puppup
Dewey
weeble
Weebs
T.C. (short for, too cool)
and my favorite.....Senior Smushie buns :o

joeysmama
February 6th, 2011, 10:49 PM
COOPER

The Coop
Coop doggie dog
Coop de ville
Cooper Duper

RAVEN

The Rave
Ravy rave
Raven in the sun (after the play "A Raisin in the Sun". I'm a Broadway fan)
Ravenette

mastifflover
February 7th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Clark: psychoboy,spark,buddy, Clarkalisious

BastienBully
February 7th, 2011, 08:21 AM
:dog:Bully(American Bulldog X Dogo): Bully the Bulldog, ti-gars, mon bébé

:dog:Brooklyn(American Bulldog X Dogo): Poupoune

:dog:Nicky(miniature schnauzer): ti-fille

:dog:Chanel(miniature schnauzer): Girly

Melinda
February 7th, 2011, 08:32 AM
hubs nickname for Brina is "dummy" and everytime he calls her that she gets all excited.
I just call her baby girl and the vet calls her his ambassador

Timothy the chinchilla is nicknamed "mouthy" cause he's forever "barking" till Brina goes in to visit.

and the goldfish really don't have names, the daycare kids each have their own names for them *L*

ancientgirl
February 8th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Vlad - Pipo, papi, sweetie

Oksana - Mama, diva girl, mimi

Maks - Papoochi, papito, pumpkin pie

Kiska - Kikimama, mimi

Czari - Mamoochi, mimi

And when any of them stretch I call them Stretchy McStretcherson:D

Bearsmom
February 14th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Bear-pumpkin. Just 'cause he's now nearing 12 year old and will always be my pumpkin.

Molly-Mollicent (from the movie "Flushed Away", Millicent became Mollicent); squishyface; Princess

Floppy Dog
February 15th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Lady, female American Cocker Spaniel: Lady Bug, Bugly, Lupples & Luppy (both short for little puppy, she's only 20lbs), Plupples (short for pretty little puppy), Foot Sitter (her favourite place), the Nag (when she wants to go for a walk or play ball), Cracker Dog (when she goes bananas), Nutter, Rug and Rocket. If you've ever had a Cocker Spaniel, you'll know exactly what I mean, they have 2 speeds, Rocket and Rug, and very little in between. Then there's also Disgusting Dog (when she farts) and Little Sh**ter.

Crush, male DLH cat: Crushles, Crushy Wushy, Mr. Crushelluffagus (after Big Bird's friend on Sesame Street), Big Glutton (he's 12lbs!), Fat Cat (he's about 10 and starting to sag), Fur or Fluff Ball and Rolls Royce (you should hear him purr!).

doggy lover
February 15th, 2011, 06:38 PM
:dog:Tucker: Tuck, stink, buddy, Tucker the f#%&er:evil:
:cat:Cali: puke bucket, prenew (don't know thats what my daughter calls her)
:cat:Marty: Marty the farty, fatty, tubby