Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dozer got adopted

Sew-sew-steve
January 28th, 2011, 10:45 AM
im pleased to say that dozers story really does have a happy ending!

im sad that i didnt get to see him since i surrendered him. which was maybe two weeks ago, and it was just today that i found out he got adopted. so it was last saturday and last thursday that he got adopted. and on top of that, i paid my a last vet bill, which is a huge weight off my shoulder.

i hope his new owners treat him well.

Ibrahim

Winston
January 28th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Abe I am soooo happy to hear this news! Yipppeee! See it all turned out didnt it!

Thank you for looking after Dozer! you did the right thing!

Thank you for paying for his medical bills even though he wasnt staying with you and going to be surrendered, many folks would have not done that!

Arent ya happy he has a new forever home! I am and think that Dozer has a chance to be happy and grow with his new family!

Good work!

How are things going with your volunteering?

Cindy

Sew-sew-steve
January 28th, 2011, 12:38 PM
to be honest, its almost too good to be true... i didnt think he would get adopted, because the idea itself didnt cross my mind, so it was a surprise to hear that he did get adopted. im really happy, im glad i intervened!
it was all worth it though, knowing it would end like this :D im really glad hes got a permanent home now. the thing is, the shelter is a good 1 hour drive away from the mainland, so people who come down there are the type to take care of dogs (usually), so im confident that he will have a good home. just a shame i never got to see him again.

volunteering is good! they're trusting me even more now then they did before, mainly because they are a little short on staff at certain times, but its always a good thing to be counted on!

i got to walk a 5 year old great dane today. his name is Andre. huuuuuuuuuuuge lol, really playful, and playfully bites too. i did get some scratches, and spit because he jumped on me lol. its amazing how controllable they are. really nice temperment.

i had to harness + leash multiple dogs at once to give to people to walk. lets just say, its a lot easier said then done lol. one dog was so excited that she speared her nose into my eye while i was bent over harnessing its kennel mate lol. its good experience though. just wish i could go there more then just once a week.

mastifflover
January 28th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Great news I am very happy Dozer got a new home and that you did everything to help make that happen. Good for you. Volunteering will help prepare you for your future dog, just think how much you will learn.

Sew-sew-steve
January 28th, 2011, 12:50 PM
thank you Mastifflover :)

you're right, i will learn a lot!

Winston
January 28th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Abe this made me chuckle!

i had to harness + leash multiple dogs at once to give to people to walk. lets just say, its a lot easier said then done lol. one dog was so excited that she speared her nose into my eye while i was bent over harnessing its kennel mate lol. its good experience though. just wish i could go there more then just once a week.

I look forward to many other stories!!

mastifflover
January 28th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Me too :laughing::laughing:

Sew-sew-steve
January 29th, 2011, 06:20 AM
How rude of me!
I forgot one of the most important things to say:

Thank you Cindy! For being a huge help while I had dozer! I'm very greatful and appreciative of you!

To me, when I think of a role model for pet owners, I think of you. Thanks a ton! If every pet owner was like you, animals would be respected and treated much better!

Also, don't worry there's most likely going to be other funny stories.

Winston
January 29th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Abe thank you! and just remember sometimes it gets tough but thats what this forum is all about! helping people, teaching people and helping them learn the ropes. You are learning! baby steps and it will all work out! I am very thankful to the organization that took you on as a volunteer. This means they have put their trust in you and now you will be able to show them what that means to you! you will be able to pay it forward...best of luck and you know who you can contact for help!

Keep us updated on your journey! sometimes we need a laugh or two! :D

Cindy